Author Topic: Devin the Dude releasing a documentary  (Read 138 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Devin the Dude releasing a documentary
« on: May 05, 2005, 04:09:15 PM »
Devin the Dude releasing a documentary

Houston rapper Devin the Dude, best known for his appearance on Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001, reintroduces himself to the world in a new documentary DVD venture --"Who is Devin the Dude?"

Devin the Dude, is launching a DVD entitled "Who is Devin the Dude?," a documentary which follows Devin's performances as he travels through different cities across the country. The film shows behind-the-scenes footage as well as the Dude's stage performances. In his travels Devin visits Seattle, Cleveland, Columbus, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Tulsa and New York City.

"I've always wanted to do a documentary, but not just a documentary -but a collage of shows and performances and stuff. I just wanted to have a little library of shows. After we did a few shows, I was like, ‘Hey let's do a documentary showing the insides --the jokes, the fun that we have, and the serious side, the no shows at the show; all of the inside scoop of what I'm going through," Devin told SOHH.com

Devin worked closely with Drew "The View" Hooper, from Restless Natives Motion Picture Production Company, to bring his vision to life. Drew recreated the ideas that Devin had and served as the director, cameraman and editor on this project.

Hooper tells SOHH.com, "I didn't want to show people stuff that they already knew, for the most part. I wanted to show people what Devin is really like. So that we might understand the things we know better."

Special appearances on the DVD include Mike Jones, Capone (CNN), Erika Badu, Ace Deuce and the Odd Squad.

Aside from the documentary, the Dude is also working on another solo project, a second Odd Squad album and a compilation joint. He anticipates the solo album will drop by the end of the year.

Devin and Hooper are running a contest for his fans to be a part of the documentary. Fans are given the opportunity to take part in the film by submitting a home video of themselves explaining exactly "Who Devin the Dude" is to them.

The "Who is Devin the Dude?" DVD will also be released by the first quarter of 2006

sohh.com

Don Seer

Re: Devin the Dude releasing a documentary
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 04:11:48 PM »
sounds tight :)

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 05:34:57 PM »
great news  ;D  8)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 05:47:26 PM »
interesting

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!