Author Topic: Ice Cube>>>>2pac  (Read 2043 times)

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube>>>>2pac
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2005, 06:28:10 PM »
^I disagree. I'm talking about who's the better artist. If you're going to talk about subject matter, Ice Cube has that on lock. Ice Cube has rapped about everything under the sun including gangsta shit, party tracks, race relations, political stuff, he's tackled the subject of religion in his songs, education, story telling, the east coast west coast beef, diss tracks, drug dealing from a story telling and critical standpoint, the LA Riots, Korean Storeowners, sellout rappers, Uncle Toms, brothas at concerts not acting right, the perils of gangbanging, need I continue?

I'm not taking away from artists like Kam or Common, they're great artists, but neither of them have had the impact on the game or have taken the risks that Ice Cube has taken from a lyrical standpoint. Neither has taken the heat that Ice Cube has, or has tackled controversial subject matter with the same ferocity that Ice Cube did in his prime. I do give Kam props for stepping up and taking on some controversial subject matters recently and we need more of that in hip hop.

^true... I agree here with everything you said about ice cube. In terms of the diversity of his subject matter he was up there with 2pac. I believed what gave 2pac the slight edge was his emotions and poetry. These two hip hop legends are really equal and I hate it when we have to compare them against each other because it becomes a 2pac vs. cube thing. Next thing you know people are slandering two rappers who are in the top five rappers of all time .
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2005, 06:31:22 PM »
^Cube wrote Eazy Duz It and most of Straight Outta Compton. They were reciting CUBE'S rhymes.
The first four Ice Cube albums are considered some of the best albums in Hip Hop.
All Eyez On Me was a bunch of filler. Not that hot. Me Against The World, 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly..., they're OK. 4-5 mic? Please!

Sometimes Pac gets too much credit. Makaveli was a 4. The rest are about 3-3.5. Bet, had Pac NOT died, none of those albums would get props.
On an other not, War and Peace were not that bad. People just jump on the bandwagon and call em wack. Those HORRIBLE albums that have Pacs name on it are far from better than those 2 LPs.

MAOW and AEOM just O.K.!!!  ???  7 day theory 4 mics!!!  ::)
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2005, 09:31:21 PM »
^I disagree. I'm talking about who's the better artist. If you're going to talk about subject matter, Ice Cube has that on lock. Ice Cube has rapped about everything under the sun including gangsta shit, party tracks, race relations, political stuff, he's tackled the subject of religion in his songs, education, story telling, the east coast west coast beef, diss tracks, drug dealing from a story telling and critical standpoint, the LA Riots, Korean Storeowners, sellout rappers, Uncle Toms, brothas at concerts not acting right, the perils of gangbanging, need I continue?

I'm not taking away from artists like Kam or Common, they're great artists, but neither of them have had the impact on the game or have taken the risks that Ice Cube has taken from a lyrical standpoint. Neither has taken the heat that Ice Cube has, or has tackled controversial subject matter with the same ferocity that Ice Cube did in his prime. I do give Kam props for stepping up and taking on some controversial subject matters recently and we need more of that in hip hop.

Hey man, if you're going to use my quotes, at least give me credit.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=66016.msg723305#msg723305
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

rafsta

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2005, 11:45:56 PM »
Fuck man , Cube has been around this gangsta rap shit when pac was Fuckin dancin background 4 digital underground . so forget about all that shit..

Cube > 2Pac

Without Cube there would be no 2Pac...End of story

whats that got to do with anything i said ?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:50:26 PM by Captain »

rafsta

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2005, 11:49:50 PM »
and im not even takin this into account when i say pac is 1000000x better than cube, J.Dee is in prison b'coz of that bitch actor...

mauzip

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2005, 09:40:59 AM »

Hey man, if you're going to use my quotes, at least give me credit.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=66016.msg723305#msg723305

lol

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2005, 11:02:35 AM »
key question is:

who gives a shit who's better?
I hate such comparisons between 2 westcoast legends

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

Kal EL

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2005, 02:39:38 PM »
I have to agree, Old Cube was the Mayne!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8)

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2005, 04:02:44 PM »
THe Don Mega

Cube>>>>Pac sorry but the guy aint as good as ya'll make him out to be

[img]

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2005, 04:12:27 PM »
Pac is the GOAT

simple as that!

there is no need for more discussion
NO MORE WAR

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2005, 05:27:18 PM »
Pac is the GOAT

simple as that!

there is no need for more discussion

The truth.

Now, close thread.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2005, 06:54:17 PM »
It's funny reading these replies that 2pac is better and they all seem to forget about Cube being in Straight Outta Compton being an all time classic

Without Cube 2pac would have nothing to rap about

Also 2pac's double disc album is one of the most overrated albums of all time, the album had great songs but was FULL of fillers

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

westkoastanostra

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2005, 07:02:39 PM »
lets just call it a tie already  >:(

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2005, 10:36:07 PM »
It's funny reading these replies that 2pac is better and they all seem to forget about Cube being in Straight Outta Compton being an all time classic

Without Cube 2pac would have nothing to rap about

Also 2pac's double disc album is one of the most overrated albums of all time, the album had great songs but was FULL of fillers

this post is such bullshit.

Pac rapped about EVERYTHING Cube did, and more......Pac was writing deep poetry and lyrics long before Straight Outta Compton was even thought of, much less actually released. Learn your history kid.

Straight Outta Compton is a classic yes.....but Pac has a few classic albums of his own that rival that album.

and tell me, what are all these so-called fillers on AEOM, besides Whatz Ya Phone # and Aint Hard 2 Find? Both discs is loaded with bangers from nearly start to finish, and like it or not, it is one of the most influential albums of all time. Every mainstream rapper today uses its formulas on a regular basis.

I think u just mad cause Pac is universally accepted by more people than Cube is.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:40:49 PM by The Sneaker Pimp »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2005, 12:46:28 AM »

and thats real!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"