Author Topic: AC Milan v Juventus  (Read 400 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: AC Milan v Juventus
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 05:06:40 AM »
i have to agree that italian football does look quite defensive when u watch it.....

they pretty much do play for a 1-0 most games that i seem to watch

this 1-0 win for juve for a great example of that
NO MORE WAR

Bomb-A®

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 07:45:36 AM »
i personally dont mind watching good defensive football...its amazing to watch say juve keep an attack like real madrid from scoring and then getting them on the counter  :cheers:

peace

acbaylove

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 01:13:21 PM »
this 1-0 win for juve for a great example of that

I have to disagree. That Milan-Juve game was like the final of the Serie A tournament. 4 games left, both the teams with the same points. 3 games left after this one. A concrete real chance to go +3 with 3 games remaining. Half of the Serie A title. It was too important for Juve to try to score the 2nd goal risking to give them the 1-1 goal, you know what i mean? 1-0 = Scudetto. 1=1 no-Scudetto. It was like a Champions League final. Or, to make a comprarsion with a British game, it was like a Liverpool-Chelsea game. 180', 0 goals. Why? Not because both the team didnt want to score, but because both the team knew it was a damn do or die situation.

Add to it the fact that Milan and Juventus have those defences:

Milan: Dida, Cafů, Stam, Nesta, Maldini.
Juventus: Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta.

The two best defences in the world, imo. It's not only that the know how to defend, it's that they have the best defenders in the world. We dont play like Greece, with unknown players but all-defence. We have Stam, Maldini, Cannavaro, Thuram, Nesta.... Buffon, Dida, Cafů, Zambrotta!! The best in the world!!!

You cant say we play defence because Milan-Juve finished 0-1.

Chelsea-Liverpool finished 0-0.
Liverpool-Chelsea finished 1-0 (mmm.. 0-0).

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 01:14:15 PM »
i personally dont mind watching good defensive football...its amazing to watch say juve keep an attack like real madrid from scoring and then getting them on the counter  :cheers:

peace

I agree. Ronaldo was been destroyed by Cannavaro, and Raul by Thuram. 1 on 1 situations. That's good soccer too.

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 01:32:27 PM »
chelsea are an example of a team being criticised for being too defensive but they won the premiership

footballs a business, winning is paramount

thats why players like ronaldinho r great to watch, they can entertain a crowd while getting the result needed.

ainsy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 02:19:32 PM »
it aint really that defensive anymore, teams like inter, roma and AC can play amazin football tht jus aint borin 2 woch at all, on the other hand, juve r borin cunts, they r still old skool italian football which is jus borin as fuk 2 woch, i guess this is cumin from an ac fan tho lol but i dont care weve got the champs league in the bag and cash in my pocket lol

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 02:37:15 PM »
it aint really that defensive anymore, teams like inter, roma and AC can play amazin football tht jus aint borin 2 woch at all, on the other hand, juve r borin cunts, they r still old skool italian football which is jus borin as fuk 2 woch, i guess this is cumin from an ac fan tho lol but i dont care weve got the champs league in the bag and cash in my pocket lol

Exactly. That's why i will not even reply to you.