Author Topic: Knuckles' countdown: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever  (Read 5099 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: Knuckles' countdown: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2005, 11:38:28 AM »
^^^^Redman, maybe......Devin the Dude, no.

plus, E.1999 > any Redman or Devin album
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2005, 11:56:38 AM »
man wtf is dat bullshit music at parties not 4 dancin man u gots 2 be goin 2 sum cockfests where errbody be jus sittin down wackin off n shit get sum bitches at ur parties n ppl will wanna dance

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2005, 05:23:18 PM »
Redman and Devin The Dude will make better weed songs hands down.
Have you ever heard Buddha Lovaz, Fried Day, Bud Smokers Only, Smokin Buddha, Smoke Wit Me? Hell Krayzie Bone is going 2 release a Bones Greatest Weed Songs Cd on his website. Trust me when I say no one can touch them when it comes 2 songs about weed. Shit If you want me 2 post up some of their weed songs I will.

The parties I've gone to they don't really play music for dancing, they just throw on what people like.  I'll hear Mobb Deep, Outkast, Dr. Dre...but never Bone Thugs.
Like I said maybe where your from they don't like Bone but almost everyone I know likes Bone Thugs.

herpes

« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2005, 07:31:51 PM »
Knuckles, why didnt me against the world make it.  Musically its pac's best.  And impact and influence wise you can make a legit argument for me against the world, all eyez on me, an makaveli having the biggest influence/impact.

mauzip

« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2005, 11:04:14 PM »
Not all music is made 2 dance 2 and Bone Thugs don't make club music. How tha hell do you dance 2 Mo Murda, Buddah Luvaz, or Die Die Die?

The parties I've gone to they don't really play music for dancing, they just throw on what people like.  I'll hear Mobb Deep, Outkast, Dr. Dre...but never Bone Thugs.  Just an example of how I don't notice anyone giving a fuck about them.

WTF!!

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2005, 11:58:40 PM »
Not all music is made 2 dance 2 and Bone Thugs don't make club music. How tha hell do you dance 2 Mo Murda, Buddah Luvaz, or Die Die Die?

The parties I've gone to they don't really play music for dancing, they just throw on what people like.  I'll hear Mobb Deep, Outkast, Dr. Dre...but never Bone Thugs.  Just an example of how I don't notice anyone giving a fuck about them.

WTF!!

im tellin u nigga dis guy be attendin str8 cockfests listenin 2 shook ones n shit

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2005, 05:01:07 AM »
 ::)

one-hit wonder might be a bit exaggerated, but really, this board is full of BTNH fans and in MY real life (I of course know I can´t talk about yours), I´m the person caring about BTNH most by just liking them a bit. Everybody else either doesn´t know them or finds them boring and I´m not talkingh about people who learnt about hiphop from GRODT and could name about a dozen artists. Like I said, I´m talking bout fans of Little Brother, Pharoahe Monch, Mobb Deep, Non-Phixion, Cunninlynguists, Masta Ace, even MC Eiht...lot of different stuff.

Top 100 maybe, but top 50, really, find some non-Bone fan (as in just a hiphop fan in general) putting E.1999 top 10. Even top 50 won´t be that easy.

Crucial Conflict and Do Or Die are so trifling, they don´t make a point for somebody having had a huge impact. 3-6 had an own style, they had some similarities to BTNH, but they´d already had that sound on their oldest stuff that was released before "Mystic Stylez" which came out the same year as "E.1999". Saying they just bit BTNH is "sum serious hating" as well.

I don´t know what clubs y´all go to. But good DJ´s keep making fun of colleagues who start the party at 9.30 pm by putting on "Ante Up". DJ´s don´t waste the hype-up-the-crowd stuff in the beginning, the first phase is a warm-up and the last phase is a slow-down. Hence, there IS time for slower and less "danceable" material, at the time people are usually just chilling...I´ve seen it like that in Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany and Italy, that´s the way a party usually goes. So, if the DJ´s rather put on a Hieroglyphics song than a BTNH one at that time, that does say something

And again, I like BTNH

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2005, 05:06:42 AM »
yo 2 dat nigga talkin bout crossroads i agree i dont think its da biggest song n shit but damn u cant be bustin dat well if it aint big in europe it aint as big as dat shit dat is played a lot here cuz man if sum rapper was rappin over techno music n shit dat shit would blow da fuck up in like japan n shit but dat dont mean its a big ass single
also mayne if u sayin e1999 aint top 100 u on sum serious hater shit

LOL Flamboyant i actually agree witchu on dat shit  ;D

rafsta

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2005, 12:28:15 PM »

Yeah they had alot of hits plus other classic tracks like No Surrender, Foe Tha Love of Money,Thug Luv,Notorius Thugs, and no one can touch them when in comes 2 tracks about weed.

They can't be too big of hits, I've only heard of one song there ("Notorious Thugs") and I don't even think that was a single.  Redman and Devin The Dude will make better weed songs hands down.

so you listed all these albums most people havent even heard of... then you go on and say you havent even heard e.1999 ? but you listened to a whole lot of bullshit unknown albums ?? wtf man.

people that dont like hip-hop i have introduced to bone and they went out and baught their cd's.... what does that tell you ?

p.S: notorious thugs is off "life after death". and devin tha dude or red-man cannot make better weed songs...

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2005, 12:55:38 PM »
man wtf is dat bullshit music at parties not 4 dancin man u gots 2 be goin 2 sum cockfests where errbody be jus sittin down wackin off n shit get sum bitches at ur parties n ppl will wanna dance
LMAO

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2005, 01:08:28 PM »
^^^^Redman, maybe......Devin the Dude, no.

plus, E.1999 > any Redman or Devin album

LMAO, Redman has at least two albums better than E.1999. Its an ok record, but as Knuckles said, none of them are great rappers, and there production isn't that great either, its an ok record to chill to, but it doesn't have anything on there that would make it anywhere near Top 50 material. I'd even put stuff like The Twinz - Conversation in front of E1999.

mauzip

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2005, 01:48:54 PM »
Redman has at least two albums better than E.1999.

none of them are great rappers

Are you kidding me? What's up with dubcc underrating Bone Thugs? Even on pop forums they get more appreciation.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2005, 02:00:12 PM »
so you listed all these albums most people havent even  and heard of... then you go on and say you havent even heard e.1999 ? but you listened to a whole lot of bullshit unknown albums ?? wtf man.

people that dont like hip-hop i have introduced to bone and they went out and baught their cd's.... what does that tell you ?

p.S: notorious thugs is off "life after death". and devin tha dude or red-man cannot make better weed songs...

Most people that listen to hip-hop have heard of these albums.  I never said I haven't heard e.1999.  hahaha @ "bullshit unknown albums"

It doesn't tell me much actually.

I know that's where it's from.  They have nothing on Redman or Devin.

Are you kidding me? What's up with dubcc underrating Bone Thugs? Even on pop forums they get more appreciation.

dubcc is overrating bone, I've never noticed them get this much love anywhere else.

Elevz

« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2005, 02:03:34 PM »
I gotta say, musically E. 1999 Eternal is a great album. Thing is, this list wasn't just about music. It's true, I had to teach my friends about BTNH, in fact most of them didn't even know about Tha Crossroads. They recognised the track from a while ago, but they didn't really know it that well. I thought that was a big hit back in 1996, but hey, it seems like it wasn't that much of a mindblowing record that people still remember. In fact, the only BTNH fans I ever saw in real life, were a bunch of wigger geeks on my vacation in Spain. The same ones who were bumping their Spacekees cd all week. Ask the dutch people. Need I say more? Their taste in rap music was totally messed up, and they were the only Bone Thugs fans I ever saw.

When you're talking about weed songs, four artists come to my mind. Cypress Hill, Redman, Devin and Bone Thugs. I can't say Bone Thugs are unfuckwittable when it comes to weed songs. Hits from the bong, How to roll a blunt or I wanna get high... The only BTNH weed song that can compete is Smokin' Buddah.

Question though... I don't think his records are all that great, and I think as an emcee he's mad overrated, but where did Eminem go on your list? Did he just not make it with SSLP and MMLP?

Fuck the hating though, I am really grateful to Knuckles for introducing me to Main Source. Some others I'm glad he hooked me up with, are Black Moon, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Brand Nubian and Kool G Rap & DJ Polo. Major props on that! I'm just glad all of those made the list, no matter how small they may have been in the mainstream.

One thing I still hate... I've been waiting for ages for "Criminal minded" to pop up in the list. That album is extremely hard to get in the stores these days and I never heard it... Just as I went on a vacation, the day after I left Knuckles hooked the album up. Of course, I missed the hookup  :-\

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2005, 02:26:13 PM »
One thing I still hate... I've been waiting for ages for "Criminal minded" to pop up in the list. That album is extremely hard to get in the stores these days and I never heard it... Just as I went on a vacation, the day after I left Knuckles hooked the album up. Of course, I missed the hookup  :-\

Hard to get in stores?? Maybe in Holland...I´ll hook you up  with wma´s if you want...?