Author Topic: Knuckles' countdown: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever  (Read 5085 times)

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Knuckles' countdown: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2005, 09:29:25 AM »
cant fuck wit most albums released between 92-96 they r all classics!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2005, 11:31:58 AM »
I own some 80's hip hop albums, but other then It Takes A Nation and Straight Outta Compton, I dont really listen to them on the regular. They just sound too dated for my taste. Sure, they had a alot of impact, but the stuff from the 90's is far better musically and in some cases lyrically.

Does anyone here honestly think Paid In Full or Criminal Minded has better production then All Eyez on Me, Illmatic, OB4CL, Chronic, Aquemini, etc etc??
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

mauzip

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2005, 11:36:43 AM »

My copy of E. 1999 Eternal doesn't have a song called "For the love of tha $"?

It's not on that album. "For Tha Love Of $" is from "Creepin On Ah Come Up".

Elevz

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2005, 02:11:49 PM »
you earlier said the only songs you heard out of a list someone wrote you only heard 'notorious thugs', for the love of tha $ is off e.1999.... if you havent heard for tha love of tha $ you havent heard e.1999...

Now that makes sense, don't it?

I own some 80's hip hop albums, but other then It Takes A Nation and Straight Outta Compton, I dont really listen to them on the regular. They just sound too dated for my taste. Sure, they had a alot of impact, but the stuff from the 90's is far better musically and in some cases lyrically.

Does anyone here honestly think Paid In Full or Criminal Minded has better production then All Eyez on Me, Illmatic, OB4CL, Chronic, Aquemini, etc etc??

Production wise... Maybe, the mid 90s was when the head bobbing beats were dominating, but that's not only what I listen to hiphop for. As for myself, the emcee is more important than the production. And damn well in most of the cases the oldschool production is top notch as well - it just sounds harder and more outdated. Yes, I listen quite a lot to music from the 80s (mostly the certified classics) and I fully enjoy it. Isn't it a little hypocrite to be listening to rap music, not for it's raps but for the beats?

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2005, 02:58:37 PM »
^who said the emcee's were not great in the 90's if not more lyrical and better songwriters? I consider 91-96 to be the peak of hip hop musically and lyrically.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2005, 04:03:31 PM »
lol at the Love of $ thing :D

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2005, 10:02:15 PM »
you earlier said the only songs you heard out of a list someone wrote you only heard 'notorious thugs', for the love of tha $ is off e.1999.... if you havent heard for tha love of tha $ you havent heard e.1999...

Now that makes sense, don't it?

Production wise... Maybe, the mid 90s was when the head bobbing beats were dominating, but that's not only what I listen to hiphop for. As for myself, the emcee is more important than the production. And damn well in most of the cases the oldschool production is top notch as well - it just sounds harder and more outdated. Yes, I listen quite a lot to music from the 80s (mostly the certified classics) and I fully enjoy it. Isn't it a little hypocrite to be listening to rap music, not for it's raps but for the beats?

c'mon man, of course I listen to it for the lyrics as much as the beats.....probably moreso for the lyrics. But, if the beat bores me to death, it isnt gonna be very easy for me to enjoy it, even if the lyrics are dope.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2005, 04:58:00 AM »
Doggystyle should be in the top 10 and why ain't Dogg Food in the top 50..it should be
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 05:03:08 AM by G_Funk »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2005, 05:38:46 AM »
Doggystyle should be in the top 10 and why ain't Dogg Food in the top 50..it should be

how many albums in the list have you heard? Honestly?

...I´m not saying you´ve got no point, but Dogg Food wasn´t that big...top 100 maybe. Doggystyle top 10, maybe 9 or 10, not any higher IMO

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2005, 05:50:12 AM »
Dogg Food is 93 on the lists i make for fun/

#1 is Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus. cant figure out how that one was overlooked

Elevz

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2005, 10:41:36 AM »
^who said the emcee's were not great in the 90's if not more lyrical and better songwriters? I consider 91-96 to be the peak of hip hop musically and lyrically.

c'mon man, of course I listen to it for the lyrics as much as the beats.....probably moreso for the lyrics. But, if the beat bores me to death, it isnt gonna be very easy for me to enjoy it, even if the lyrics are dope.

I guess it's just a matter of taste then, about how much you really dig them oldschool beats. I personally love the style. That definately won't bore me to death, and it really doesn't take a great beat to make a great song imo.

Fressh_Deini

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • G-Funk
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2005, 10:46:08 AM »
@ G-Funk:
Is there a possibility for you to upload Dogg Food?
Cause I'm lookin' for that album for a long time but can't find it in the cd-stores or on the internet.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2005, 11:56:14 AM »
@ G-Funk:
Is there a possibility for you to upload Dogg Food?
Cause I'm lookin' for that album for a long time but can't find it in the cd-stores or on the internet.

yeah if I can learn how to use yousendit I'll up in in no time  8)

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2005, 11:57:47 AM »

how many albums in the list have you heard? Honestly?

...I´m not saying you´ve got no point, but Dogg Food wasn´t that big...top 100 maybe. Doggystyle top 10, maybe 9 or 10, not any higher IMO
i've heard every album on the list and I own atleast half of the album's on the list and I think Doggystyle atleast should be top 10
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 04:58:36 AM by G_Funk »

rafsta

« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2005, 07:50:05 PM »
yeah, well fuck you all...  8)