Author Topic: Clubs warned over Gilardino bids  (Read 116 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Clubs warned over Gilardino bids
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:50:12 AM »

English clubs have been warned by Italian outfit Parma that they will have to pay £34m if they want to sign 23-year-old striker Alberto Gilardino.
He has scored 22 goals in Serie A this season and Chelsea and Arsenal have been linked with a swoop for him.

"No player has scored as many goals as Gilardino and with such continuity," said Parma administrator Luca Baraldi.
"We sold Adriano for 50 million euros and Alberto, who has done more in terms of numbers, cannot be worth less."

Juventus, Roma and Spanish giants Real Madrid have also been linked to the player, who scored 23 goals in Italy's top flight during the last campaign.

Gilardinho failed to make Italy's squad for Euro 2004 under former boss Giovanni Trapattoni, despite finishing as the Italian league's top scorer last season.

But the way he has continued his scoring exploits during the current campaign has seen him break into his country's international fold under Marcello Lippi.

Parma are a club with financial difficulties but they seem determined not to let any of their players leave on the cheap.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Clubs warned over Gilardino bids
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 11:13:53 AM »
"We sold Adriano for 50 million euros and Alberto, who has done more in terms of numbers, cannot be worth less."

lmao

no way is Gilardino on Adriano's level :grumpy:

and he certainly ain't worth 34 million! :nawty:
NO MORE WAR

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 09:58:17 AM »

lmao

no way is Gilardino on Adriano's level :grumpy:

and he certainly ain't worth 34 million! :nawty:

According to Sky Sports, Chelsea are going to see if they can get him for less than €50 million, bu offering €40 million

Premiership champions Chelsea have reportedly made a €40 million bid for Parma sensation Alberto Gilardino.

The Italian international has been one of Serie A's most impressive strikers over the past two years and had been consistently linked with a summer move to Milan.

Parma chief officer Luca Baraldi recently slapped a €50 million price tag on him, and the Italian press are now reporting that Blues owner Roman Abramovich has responded by faxing through an official offer for the 22-year-old.

Jose Mourinho has been public in declaring the need to bolster his attack, with Parma old boy Adriano also linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, and the willingness of Abramovich to stump up such significant transfer funds could see them jump to the head of the queue for Gilardino.

The Rossoneri could well be priced out of a move for the Italian international, despite apparently being close to sealing an arrangement which would have seen Gilardino at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza until 2010.

Arsenal and Juventus have also been linked with a swoop which would substantially alleviate Parma's financial concerns, although the player himself admitted to being concerned about the high figure placed on his head.

Gilardino revealed that he was dreaming of moving to a big side and refused to rule out an overseas transfer, opening the door to the possibility of linking up with Mourinho next season.

"I've told Baraldi I'm not so sure teams will be able to spend such a high sum on me," Gilardino told La Stampa.

"Parma defined a price, then its possible to negotiate, in the sense at the end of the market they will probably sell me for an inferior sum.

"They need that money and I'm happy my sale could help Parma's financial situation, and then I'm happy that I can make the big jump.

"Fear of a big jump? When dreams become true they don't make you fearful.

"I'll have the possibility to play in a big team, and I'll do it with humility, as usual.

"I'm ready to put myself under discussion, would I like to play with [Alessandro] Del Piero? Yes, but I'd like to play with [Andrei] Shevchenko too.

"Abroad excluded? Absolutely not."

With Mourinho saying that Chelsea shall only sign 3 players in the summer, is Gilardino the forward that they want the most out of him & Adriano?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 10:21:48 AM by TheDeli »

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 10:27:28 AM »

Roman Abramovich has responded by faxing through an official offer for the 22-year-old.

lmao

bet abromivich isnt even wanting gilardino, just pissing about during the day faxing clubs for shits and giggles.