Author Topic: The best selling albums of all time  (Read 652 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: The best selling albums of all time
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2005, 05:23:22 PM »
i wonder how many cd Run-Dmc have sold

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 05:30:51 PM »
where did everyone hear MJ pushed 50 mill ? he only pushed 26 or something...

50 is worldwide...

26 is US sales...

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2005, 08:52:18 PM »
all eyes on me was certified 9x platinum in 98, but since 2001 they count double albums as double disc. So all eyes on me must be something around 18 million... but in the guiness book they say he sold 50 million worldwide. I think vanilla ice sold something like 18 million worldwide, but in the us i dont know.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2005, 06:02:27 AM »
all eyes on me was certified 9x platinum in 98, but since 2001 they count double albums as double disc. So all eyes on me must be something around 18 million... but in the guiness book they say he sold 50 million worldwide. I think vanilla ice sold something like 18 million worldwide, but in the us i dont know.

Double LPs were alwats counted as 2. This dates back to Pink Floyd's The Wall from '79, The Beatles White Album etc. Pac may have 50 worldwide but Em has a lot more than 26 world wide. MMLP and Em Show each did over 15 world wide. Besides who cares who the highest selling rapper is? None are anywhere near the top artists of all time. It's like asking who's the best Canadian Basketball player in the NBA. Nash is a good player but calling him the best Canadian of all time doesn't mean shit. Most of Pac's record sales come from post death sales and double albums. If Eminem died today and released a double album every two years, he'd destroy every record Tupac could even think of getting. Em is more popular, so what? Get over it. 2Pac is still the better artist.