Author Topic: Van Der Meyde Linked With Everton  (Read 157 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Van Der Meyde Linked With Everton
« on: May 10, 2005, 02:22:27 PM »

Andy van der Meyde's agent has revealed that his client is keen on moving to Everton in the summer.
The Toffees have become an attractive move for the Inter Milan winger having secured Champions League football for next season.

"Everton were interested in Andy, but I have not heard anything new yet," Chiel Dekker said.

"They would be attractive now they are in the Champions League, but Andy would consider every club whether it be Everton, Spurs or Middlesbrough.

"I think if Andy were to leave Italy, he would like to go to England as the game would suit him as he shown when he has played in the Champions League against English teams."

mauzip

Re: Van Der Meyde Linked With Everton
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 08:32:30 AM »
i thought he wanted to go back to the netherlands cause he was homesick?

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 08:38:32 AM »
i think he would e a good signing for everton...he would fit in to everton's team well i.m.o.
NO MORE WAR

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 08:44:41 AM »

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 10:02:36 AM »

That was the rumour but perhaps the £'s that he'll get in the premiership will make up for the homesickness?  ;)

Or perhaps he'll do what Bogarde did when he was at Chelsea & commute between the Netherlands & England, though think that Van Der Meyde may play a little more than Bogarde did  :P

bez

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 12:54:22 PM »
Be a great signing for us.  He was linked with us in the summer along with Van Bommel.  I can see us making a few decent signings in the summer, what with Rooneys transfers money, Champs league money, tv revenue, etc.  I just hope we dont blow all the money and then end up in a Leeds situation.  Think Moyes and the board are too smart for that though really.