Author Topic: Somethin' bout G-FUNK...  (Read 1002 times)

SGV

Re: Somethin' bout G-FUNK...
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 10:09:31 AM »
The Team, thats the new West sound.

That new Crooked I single, thats the new West sound.

DJ Khalil IS the new West.

Sly Boogy shit is the new West sound.

If the West Coast could improve G-Funk into something NEW sounding, then coo. But, NOBODY has even come close. If I wanted to hear some 1995/6 shit, I'd pop in B.G. Knocc Out and Dre'Sta CD. In 2005, that shit is tired and old. The South improved the Bass music into Crunk and re-invented their sound.

The West is still far behind, because it's fans refuse to let go! Fuck a S.C.C. and a Warren G in 2005. Thats word. Time to move on and let the new school finally shine.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2005, 10:33:27 AM »
G Funk hasnt died for me, i still listen it everyday.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2005, 10:46:44 AM »
The Team, thats the new West sound.

That new Crooked I single, thats the new West sound.

DJ Khalil IS the new West.

Sly Boogy shit is the new West sound.

If the West Coast could improve G-Funk into something NEW sounding, then coo. But, NOBODY has even come close. If I wanted to hear some 1995/6 shit, I'd pop in B.G. Knocc Out and Dre'Sta CD. In 2005, that shit is tired and old. The South improved the Bass music into Crunk and re-invented their sound.

The West is still far behind, because it's fans refuse to let go! Fuck a S.C.C. and a Warren G in 2005. Thats word. Time to move on and let the new school finally shine.

hmm, the song i like most by sly is: summer time ... and to me thats g-funk too! rest of the music on his judgement day album is east coast influenced.. and i didnt like it that much... but well, game's album doesnt have that west coast sound neither..

khalil? hmm, hes dope...
but i dont think hes going to get THAT international success

SGV

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2005, 10:59:43 AM »
"Ridiculous" and "Haters" are the illest joints on that CD. But, his new shit, "We Thuggin'" or "Thatz My Name" are the sound of the New West.

Khalil WILL have success.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2005, 12:46:43 PM »
Kids, remember: Everytime you put a G-Funk cd on, you're holding the west back!

By supporting G-Funk, you're making God cry.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2005, 12:54:40 PM »
Kids, remember: Everytime you put a G-Funk cd on, you're holding the west back!

By supporting G-Funk, you're making God cry.

LMAO

Acgrundy

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2005, 01:49:55 PM »
Na... I just like to point out inconsistencies and/or people livin' in the past. If you like G-Funk, good, more power to you. Just know, you're the reason the West never changes.

Dudes in NY ain't still up on some Boom Bap shit. Dudes in the South still ain't on some Bass music shit (Though Crunk is just a harder version). They've all grown up and changed their sound. It's time for the West to do the same.

Simple as that.

LMMFAO!  ok dude.  go listen to some lil jon.

what in the hell is wrong with likeing music from the past?  I luv g-funk, its my fav era of music, simple as that.  I'm never going to stop liking it.  I don't yell at my parents for listening to led zeplin, when according to your logic, they should be listening to some crap like lincoln park.  New rap sucks imo.  I check out damn near everything that drops on the west coast, and basically it don't hold my attention.  people who like g funk are not the ones holding the west back, where in the fuck did you get that idea.  Rappers need to step their game up and make some quality records.  if anything its fans like me, that still keep some rap decent.  If not the whole rap game would be full of wack ass rappers like nelly, lil jon, bonecrusher, 50 cent, and all the other unbelievable horrible music that makes me wish I was born with no ears.  Game is new westcoast rap, it ain't g funk at all.  and it is completely fucking boring to me.  I listened to it one time, and never have had a desire to hear it again.  don't blame the west's problems on the fans with good taste in music, they are the least to blame.  I would say someone like you is way more to blame.  You praised the shit out of bosko's album.  that shit was fuckin wack.  way below his standards.  I luv bosko, but that shit was dissapointing as fuck.  and you praise the fuck out of it, like this is what westcoast rap needs to be.  If thats the case, don't call me a fan of rap anymore.

SGV

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2005, 02:25:18 PM »
Ain't shit wrong with liking old music, hell I bump the shit outta some E.W.F. But, I know that its old music and need to move on, which is why I also bump John Legend, Lyfe, Akon, Anthony Hamilton.

I still bump my Geto Boys shit. My N.W.A. shit. But, I move on! It's old. Those times will never come back. I'm not sit here and hope for this music to come back, because it won't. You gotta let the past go and come in to current times. There hasn't been a hot G-Funk album in damn near 10 years. It's time to let it go.

Bosko's album wasn't even complete by the time you heard it. You were judging unfinished work. And either way, that shit was HOT. The difference is, you're this "Hardcore" gangsta rap fan, so anything that isn't "hardcore" gets the thumbs down from you, for the most part.

So, I'll bump my Lil Jon and live in 2005, you bump your 19th St. Compilations and live in 97.

Thirteen

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2005, 03:24:24 PM »
The South improved the Bass music into Crunk and re-invented their sound.

ummmm crunk music has been around since about 1997 and it's been shitty music ever since... still has yelling choruses, still either the high school pep ralley beats or military marching beats... the most reinvention it's seen is yelling YEAAAAAH, OOOOOOOOH KAAAAAAAY over it

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2005, 04:35:25 PM »
Ain't shit wrong with liking old music, hell I bump the shit outta some E.W.F. But, I know that its old music and need to move on, which is why I also bump John Legend, Lyfe, Akon, Anthony Hamilton.

I still bump my Geto Boys shit. My N.W.A. shit. But, I move on! It's old. Those times will never come back. I'm not sit here and hope for this music to come back, because it won't. You gotta let the past go and come in to current times. There hasn't been a hot G-Funk album in damn near 10 years. It's time to let it go.

Bosko's album wasn't even complete by the time you heard it. You were judging unfinished work. And either way, that shit was HOT. The difference is, you're this "Hardcore" gangsta rap fan, so anything that isn't "hardcore" gets the thumbs down from you, for the most part.

So, I'll bump my Lil Jon and live in 2005, you bump your 19th St. Compilations and live in 97.

you misunderstood something btw...
g-funk /= ""hardcore" gangsta rap" !

id rather say the less remarkable part of it was violent and ""hardcore" gangsta" - most of this shit was peaceful and kept you thinking about the "good times"...

*SGV-ignorant-mode-on*
for my part ill stop argueing with you, b/c it seems like you dont even have a clue what "g-funk" is

maybe all the shit you said is right, if: your "g-funk" = NWA, eazy-e.... etc...
but you got something wrong there, cause thats most likely just "gangsta rap"

so do your homework and maybe one day we can talk again

*SGV-ignorant-mode-off*

ps: i was answering this way to let you know, how YOU talk to other ppl...
but the difference between this above and the things you wrote is:

im right!

im out
pz
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 04:38:05 PM by DPG4Life »

Acgrundy

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2005, 05:34:15 PM »

your totally wrong.  yes I luv gangster rap, but just because it isn't gangster rap doesn't mean I won't like it.  I'm more of a funk fan than anything.  I luv oldschool music.  stuff by earth wind and fire, the whispers, rick james, parliament, funkadelic, etc.  I love singing.  to put it bluntly - I love good music.  from sublime, to micheal jackson, to social distortion, to marvin gaye, to spice 1 to wu tang clan.  Ain't nothin hardcore about dirty birdy, and I like him.  Ain't nothin hardcore about Summertime in the LBC, or Starin at the world thru my rearview, and those are 2 of my favorite songs ever.  Yeah, I would bump a 19th street comp over lil jon any day of the year.  I won't be living in the past tho.  I'm not a trendy person.  I don't listen to the music just because its popular and new and "everyone is doing it".  Most people who actually are avid music fans, and really enjoy music for music, usually listen to older music than what is out at the present time.  that is because they have been listening to music for years, and have an acquired ear for GOOD MUSIC.  I don't care what you say, rap music today is no where near as good as it used to be.  bosko's album is no where near the level of ANY sic wid it album from the 90's.  So why in the hell would I listen to bosko's half ass piece of garbage, when I could listen to a classic like In a Major Way, or Game Related, or The Hemp Museum?  The answer:  I wouldn't.

Acgrundy

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2005, 05:40:08 PM »
So if you hadn't had sex for 10 years, would you just give up and say, oh well its time to let go.  I'm never gonna have sex again.

Sure there haven't been many good g funk albums for awhile, it doesn't mean its not possible tho, or that people shouldn't want it to happen.  I sure as hell would rather snoop drop a g funk album, rather than the stuff he does drop.  I'd rather E-40 hook back up with mike mosely and sam bostik, then lil jon. 

why does it make sense for people to not want good things?

PLANT

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2005, 05:50:03 PM »
SGV sucks....This guy has problems...All he talks about is "Haters" and how people need to be "Open Minded"   Take a look in the mirror buddy..... :-*

Thirteen

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2005, 06:12:16 PM »
damn Grundy, you were on point with what you said... props....

now i'm going to hang myself

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2005, 06:28:25 PM »
There's been a lot of bullshit music dropping lately. People that support this crap music that is coming out these days (like SGV), are making it accepted. But if a dope cd drops today, i'll go cop it. I won't just buy it because it's a new artist, and that we need to support new artist blah blah, get out of here with that bullshit. I said it before and i'll say it again, i support good music, when it's released makes no diffence.