Author Topic: Somethin' bout G-FUNK...  (Read 1008 times)

SGV

Re: Somethin' bout G-FUNK...
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2005, 07:00:28 PM »
SGV sucks....This guy has problems...All he talks about is "Haters" and how people need to be "Open Minded"   Take a look in the mirror buddy..... :-*
Shh... Be quiet Young Snoopie Groupie. Snoop hasn't been mentioned yet, don't get fired up.

you misunderstood something btw...
g-funk /= ""hardcore" gangsta rap" !

id rather say the less remarkable part of it was violent and ""hardcore" gangsta" - most of this shit was peaceful and kept you thinking about the "good times"...

*SGV-ignorant-mode-on*
for my part ill stop argueing with you, b/c it seems like you dont even have a clue what "g-funk" is

maybe all the shit you said is right, if: your "g-funk" = NWA, eazy-e.... etc...
but you got something wrong there, cause thats most likely just "gangsta rap"

so do your homework and maybe one day we can talk again

*SGV-ignorant-mode-off*

ps: i was answering this way to let you know, how YOU talk to other ppl...
but the difference between this above and the things you wrote is:

im right!

im out
pz
The G in G-Funk stands for what? Great Funk? Good Funk? Grand Funk? Garbage Funk? Gabacho Funk? OOOOOH! That's right, Gangsta Funk. You wrote all that for nothing... Woooooomp Woooooooooomp! Hardcore was in Quotes for a reason buddy.  :-X

your totally wrong. yes I luv gangster rap, but just because it isn't gangster rap doesn't mean I won't like it. I'm more of a funk fan than anything. I luv oldschool music. stuff by earth wind and fire, the whispers, rick james, parliament, funkadelic, etc. I love singing. to put it bluntly - I love good music. from sublime, to micheal jackson, to social distortion, to marvin gaye, to spice 1 to wu tang clan. Ain't nothin hardcore about dirty birdy, and I like him. Ain't nothin hardcore about Summertime in the LBC, or Starin at the world thru my rearview, and those are 2 of my favorite songs ever. Yeah, I would bump a 19th street comp over lil jon any day of the year. I won't be living in the past tho. I'm not a trendy person. I don't listen to the music just because its popular and new and "everyone is doing it". Most people who actually are avid music fans, and really enjoy music for music, usually listen to older music than what is out at the present time. that is because they have been listening to music for years, and have an acquired ear for GOOD MUSIC. I don't care what you say, rap music today is no where near as good as it used to be. bosko's album is no where near the level of ANY sic wid it album from the 90's. So why in the hell would I listen to bosko's half ass piece of garbage, when I could listen to a classic like In a Major Way, or Game Related, or The Hemp Museum? The answer: I wouldn't.

You don't need to be trendy to listen to whats new or something with a more "Commercial" sound.

Game Related is one of my Top 3 albums, first off. But, I'm able to see that times have changed and so has the sound of music. A Genre can't make the same music for that long and expect to survive. Compare the Beatles to Slipknot. Whodini to Pharoahe Monch. Smokey Robinson to Akon. They've changed, drastically. And, as much as I love the classics, I wanna hear something new and improved. New sounds = expansion. New fans, new genres, new MUSIC! New possibilities.

Someone like Planet Asia. He made classic Underground records for YEARS. He began evolving and he put out Grand Opening, which turned out to be one of his best efforts. It sounded NOTHING like his old shit for the most part, but it was hot. THATS what Im talking about. THATS what I want to see. Because he could've kept making his little Underground cuts and not really touch another audience, but instead, he grew and tried something new.

If we're gonna use Sex as a comparison, then I'll say this. Maybe you, Grundy, like to hit the same pussy, day in and day out and NEVER change. That's fine and dandy. I, on the other hand, enjoy getting new pussy. So I guess you're more of the Soccer Dad With A Vasectomy type, Im more the Un-Married Until 35 Tastin' As Many Females As Possible type. Simple as that.

You and I both know that there won't be another good G-Funk record. You're hopin' for this magical album to drop. It won't. Get over it. Move on.

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2005, 07:13:28 PM »
SGV did you ever had a girlfriend? If not..? Find one asap!

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2005, 07:18:49 PM »
There's been a lot of bullshit music dropping lately. People that support this crap music that is coming out these days (like SGV), are making it accepted. But if a dope cd drops today, i'll go cop it. I won't just buy it because it's a new artist, and that we need to support new artist blah blah, get out of here with that bullshit. I said it before and i'll say it again, i support good music, when it's released makes no diffence.
fa sho man, fa sho

btw,... your sig is funny as fuck, bro  ;D

SGV

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2005, 07:21:34 PM »
SGV did you ever had a girlfriend? If not..? Find one asap!
Did I ever had? LOL. Anyway, yes, I've had one. But, I'm 21, why be stuck in a relationship? Have you ever took English lessons? Take some, ASAP!!!

Acgrundy

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2005, 07:58:44 PM »
If we're gonna use Sex as a comparison, then I'll say this. Maybe you, Grundy, like to hit the same pussy, day in and day out and NEVER change.

if its some bomb ass pussy...fuckin A.  ain't no way I would trade in some bomb pussy for some wore out stanky loose as shit.  just like I won't stop listening to the classic records for this mediocre crap nowadays.

It sounded NOTHING like his old shit for the most part, but it was hot. THATS what Im talking about. THATS what I want to see. Because he could've kept making his little Underground cuts and not really touch another audience, but instead, he grew and tried something new.

planet asia's record is cool, one of the better releases in the past few years.  he is an exception.  most rappers do not make records better nowadays than their old ones.  no way in hell is crooked I better now than he was when he first came out.  same goes for 95% of the industry.  If rappers wanna reach a wider audience, thats fine for them, that is what business is about.  I ain't makin a dime off it tho, so why the fuck do I care how big of an audience they reach?  I don't.  there is only one thing I care about - if I like their music or not.  and if rap continues the way it is going, I don't care.  I will stop checking out new rap all together.  I have plenty of great music that I will never get sick of.  and thats albums that I have heard hundreds of times.  these new albums I hear 1, 2, maybe 3, sometimes not even a whole listen, and I am already sick of it.  You say g funk is dead, rap is dead man.  rap has fallen into the gutter all thanks to the fuckin saturation in the industry.  Rap ain't about makin a dope record anymore, its all about sales.  just tryna get a buck.  if you are such a hardcore rap fan, then you should easily realize this.

SGV

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2005, 08:03:35 PM »
Rap ain't dead, it's just not what it used to be. I know for a fact that I'll never hear another "Ironman," "Season Of Da Siccness," "Doggystyle," etc., I accept that and MOVE ON. While dudes like Frontline may not drop a masterpiece, they drop some hot shit. While Lil Wayne might not put out a "Ghetto D," he still drops hot shit.

2004 and 2005 were/are great times for Hip Hop. A lot of hot music is coming out right now, will there be a classic (And I mean pure classic like a Straight Outta Compton, Wu Tang Forever etc., not no Get Rich Or Die Trying Fad-Classic) album in the coming years? I'm sure of it. I look foward to it, as opposed to shutting it out.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2005, 06:11:10 AM »
come on guys,
lets stop this argue - its gettin rediculous

we all know whats the deal - whos wrong, whos right
SGV: keep thinking what you think, but better keep it for yourself or avoid such strong statements, like that with which you started this thread

pz 8)

DAYUM

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2005, 06:39:29 AM »
some people really take there rap too serious

but something about g-funk makes me wanna dance and throw gang signs

i love g-funk

SGV

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2005, 08:21:30 AM »
come on guys,
lets stop this argue - its gettin rediculous

we all know whats the deal - whos wrong, whos right
SGV: keep thinking what you think, but better keep it for yourself or avoid such strong statements, like that with which you started this thread

pz 8)
What? That G-Funk is dead? It is. It's a Strong, but true, statement. Keep bumpin' SCC thinking G-Funk is whats crackin'. LOL.

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2005, 09:21:47 AM »
SGV get a life man....

SGV

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2005, 09:35:51 AM »
SGV get a life man....

My life > Yours.

Just know that much. LOL.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2005, 06:28:47 PM »
Keep bumpin' SCC thinking G-Funk is whats crackin'. LOL.
WTF, that's the stupidest shit I read since your last post. So you listen to anything that is popular at the moment?? I bet you jump on every trend when you get a chance. *Laughing at SGV in his pink tee*

DAYUM

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2005, 07:18:30 PM »
Keep bumpin' SCC thinking G-Funk is whats crackin'. LOL.
WTF, that's the stupidest shit I read since your last post. So you listen to anything that is popular at the moment?? I bet you jump on every trend when you get a chance. *Laughing at SGV in his pink tee*

LMAO thats funny

SGV

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2005, 07:54:12 PM »

Again, what's stupid? G-Funk is NOT crackin' and hasn't been for years! Truth hurts!

:banana_trippin:

Acgrundy

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2005, 08:20:02 PM »

Again, what's stupid? G-Funk is NOT crackin' and hasn't been for years! Truth hurts!

:banana_trippin:

so, why do people have to like whats trendy?  50 cent, g unit, and game is whats crackin.  how come you give all those groupies on here so much shit?  snoop is still crackin, why do you give the snoopie groupies shit?  How come you don't like their music, its whats crackin.