Author Topic: Eminem Settles Lawsuit  (Read 165 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Eminem Settles Lawsuit
« on: May 11, 2005, 12:31:25 PM »

Eminem and Apple have settled a copyright infringement lawsuit, after the rapper accused the computer giant of using one of his songs without permission.

Eminem’s Eight Mile Style filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Detroit against Apple last year, claiming that the company used his chart topping song “Lose Yourself” in a commercial for Apple’s popular Ipod digital music player illegally.

According to the original lawsuit, Apple CEO Steve Jobs called Eight Mile Style's manager Joel Martin to request permission to use the song, but was the request was turned down.

“Eminem has never nationally endorsed any commercial products," the lawsuit read. "Any endorsement deal would require a significant amount of money, possibly in excess of $10 million dollars."

According to lawyers for Em’s Eight Mile Style, all parties involved in the lawsuit were able to reach an amicable agreement.

The advertisement featured a 10-year-old singing Em’s lyrics. The commercials appeared on Apple’s website and ran on MTV for a brief period as well.

rafsta

Re: Eminem Settles Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 02:19:48 PM »
did they play the song ? or some lil bitch sang his lyrics ?

topshotta

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 02:57:31 AM »
did they play the song ? or some lil bitch sang his lyrics ?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL

Yeah probably!

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 12:56:05 PM »
What the fuck does he need more money for

rafsta

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 01:09:05 PM »

it's the principle man... apple is a huge co. cant let em get away with that bullshit.... free cash, dont tell me you wouldnt do the same.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 02:23:02 PM »

it's the principle man... apple is a huge co. cant let em get away with that bullshit.... free cash, dont tell me you wouldnt do the same.

Apple did Eminem a favor by giving the song free press.

Plus I don't seriously think it was Em that was pushing to sue... I think it was those two dudes from 8 Mile Style.  They on some "high-horse" shit... they take too much credit for Eminem's success.  They minimize Dre's role IMO.  Read this really good article:

http://www.8milestyle.com/free-press.html

Peace  8)

rafsta

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 02:38:11 PM »
they look gay... and Dre must've had more than 12 songs in 48 major releases.