Author Topic: Why is America So Quiet About The Brutal Dictatorship In Uzbekistan  (Read 104 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
If America is the force of democracy why have they been virtually silent over the last few days in relation to the situation in Uzbekistan although I understand they may have said something in the last couple of hours, according to reports a relatively peaceful protest was brutally put down killing several hundred people indescriminately and without warning.

Now if this had been anywhere else in the world america would be throwing all its toys out of its pram so to speak, however since uzbekistan supply an american air base to launch operations in afganistan and is a partner in the war on terror which recieves a large amount of military aid,m it seems america has been muted or doesn't care. The British response was much different on the other hand with our foreign secretary Jack Straw comdeming the governement actions and demanding access to the effected areas for the red cross and diplomats.

now i can understand why america supports this state (strategic interest), but they should be clear and about their reasons for spreading democracy which is becoming increasingly clear to me. For example take eastern europe, american has been undermining russia's influence pouring millions of dollars into the ex soviet countries to pro western candidates. This is coinsides with many other actions which have going on to reduce russia's influence and power. In the middle east there seems to be a 2 tier democracy plan, democracy needs to be spread to those anti american states, and empty democratic gestures from the friendly states (eg egypt's recent reforms) and for the ones no one ever hears about in the news...america has no problem in supporting their regimes.

This whole democracy drive is only to promote america's self interest and little else, I'd like to see someone try and convince me otherwise....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Sikotic™

This whole democracy drive is only to promote america's self interest and little else, I'd like to see someone try and convince me otherwise....

No kiddin'
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

Cuz the Michael Jackson trial is hot