Author Topic: PS3 vs X-Box 360 (specs)  (Read 825 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
PS3 vs X-Box 360 (specs)
« on: May 16, 2005, 11:39:55 PM »

lol so can somebody break this down ?

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: PS3 vs X-Box 360 (specs)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:57:09 PM »
I dunno wtf most of that shit means, but i did hear that ps3 is slightly more powerful then 360.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
i give a fuck about numbers/specs.....sony is the best in my books

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 05:53:07 AM »

from this sony's has the edge in a lot of areas..

i especially like how they've opted for bluetooth controllers...

i saw some PS3 screens earlier.. and all i have to say is  :o :o

xbox will be a lot easier to develop for..

btw.. is there any truth in the rumours that BOTH are backwards compatible?

and i know xbox has media centre capabilities, but does the PS3?

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 07:19:35 AM »
Somebody posted some shit earlier and the article said the PS3 will be twice as powerful as the X-Box.  As far as backwards compatibility, I believe the article said both systems would be (with PS3 going all the way back to PS1 games)
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 07:45:36 AM »
^ yeah that twice as powerful is the TFLOPS figure for the processors

xbox has a lot of fast dual purpose memory for both video and game storage. this is massively flexible as far as development goes.

ps3 has half as much dedicated video memory which is a bit faster.. the other 256 is the same speed at xbox... but again half as much..

u see.. under the microsoft strategy.. you could say use 75% of total memory for video/textures etc.. its up to the developer.. with sony they're forced... and would have to swap textures in/out  from the slower memory..

= more code for the developer + more time.. even if it is faster.. unncessary time will be needed in places on PS3.. where M$ designed out that kind of difficulty...

things like this affect overall performance in the end..

IMO sony are taking more risks.. it may end up having the odd amazing game but it will need talent to extract the full potential.. its already more difficult to develop for.. M$ look after the development side really well.. they had a proven environment in visual studio .net (hell thats what i use day in day out..) into which the xbox dev kit plugs in.. i know what i'd rather write code for!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 11:37:20 AM »
ps3>>xbox 360

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 01:08:28 PM »
Somebody posted some shit earlier and the article said the PS3 will be twice as powerful as the X-Box.  As far as backwards compatibility, I believe the article said both systems would be (with PS3 going all the way back to PS1 games)
if u think thats tight imagine going back to the beginnings of gaming!! ::) nintendo revolution!! im gonna go the 360 first and then the revolution

Jome

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 05:20:03 PM »
ps3 has half as much dedicated video memory which is a bit faster.. the other 256 is the same speed at xbox... but again half as much..

Both XB360 & PS3 will be backwards compatible.. PS3 will take both PS2 and PS1 games.. (Does anyone still play PS1 games ?? lol)

Don't forget that Sony's XDR Ram is a lot faster than the GDDR RAM, so PS3 have the advantage in ALL power-related areas..
It remains to be seen if Sony can match XBox360's game titles though, seems like Microsoft did their job getting games for the new console.

Some useful info:

PS3 will be 35 times faster than PS2.
XBox 2 will be 15 times faster than Xbox.
Nintendo Revolution will be 2 or 3 times faster than GameCube.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 05:23:48 PM »

IMO sony are taking more risks.. it may end up having the odd amazing game but it will need talent to extract the full potential.. its already more difficult to develop for.. M$ look after the development side really well.. they had a proven environment in visual studio .net (hell thats what i use day in day out..) into which the xbox dev kit plugs in.. i know what i'd rather write code for!

Did u see the demo of unreal 3 that those guys made for ps3? it only took em 2 months and see how good it looks...and it runs without any problems with all the effects and everything...it was also real time...people are saying that there shouldnt be problems developing games for ps3...

Thirteen

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 06:01:39 PM »
all i have to say is go to google, type in "Xbox 360 PS3 comparison" and you'll get a shitload of nerd websites where they wax philosophical about which one is more powerful... Overseer's conclusion is closest to that of the nerds... they say that the processing power for the PS3 is far better, but something about the RAM on the xbox makes it easier to process the same graphics at with lower processing speed

anyways, what i found weird is Sony's PSP can be hooked up to the Xbox 360 just like it was a hooking up to a computer

The Watcher

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 06:02:46 PM »
there was an article floating around a few days ago with microsoft ppl saying theyre not sure if the xbox360 will be backwards compatible yet, not a 100% guarantee

for me it all comes down to storage either way.. i've got an xbox fitted with a 320gb drive right now, setup as my media centre
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 06:04:21 PM »
Well 1st round goes to Sony. Their system beats out the microsofts in every catagory. Now there is only 2 other catagories that concern me.

1. Game Selection
2. Their controllers (Sony took on a new design (i dont know what MS new one looks like), and well see how it goes)

Thirteen

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 06:08:40 PM »
the latest article that i saw said that the Xbox 360 will be compatible with "Xbox's hit games" what people think this means is just like how the PS2 wasn't compatible with every PS1 game... Microsoft will make sure their biggest hits are compatible but won't make sure every game is

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 06:12:34 PM »
XB360 is rumored to hook up to everything, as they made the point to say at their press conference.  They made pics of everything that would hook up and the iPod and PSP were both among those.  The thing about Nintendo REvolution being twice as powerful as GCN is a lot better than what people would make it out to be.  Remember the Gamecube looked a lot better than PS2 for a long time all the way until God of War dropped.  Revolution will selel the least of the three because people are gonna be more attracted to the other two because of the last consoles.  Let's hope none of these really let us down this time around.

-KIDRENEGADE-