Author Topic: Moyes named manager of the year  (Read 167 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Moyes named manager of the year
« on: May 17, 2005, 10:08:08 AM »

David Moyes has rounded off a memorable season by winning the League Managers' Association manager of the year award.
He guided Everton to fourth place in the Premiership this season, which also means a place in the Champions League.

"At the start of the season I wondered, 'How can we avoid relegation?' Then we lost Wayne Rooney to Manchester United," said 42-year-old Moyes.

"A year ago I was relieved to have escaped relegation. It is amazing how football can turn around."

The LMA award can go to a manager from any division who was "deemed to have achieved the most - taking into consideration the resources available to him".

After struggling in 2003-04 when Everton finished one place above the relegation zone, fans despaired over prospects for this season when Rooney was sold for £27m last August.

Moyes only had a limited amount of that money to spend, initially bringing in Tim Cahill and Marcus Bent.

Midway through the season, Everton's form dipped following the sale of Thomas Gravesen to Real Madrid but they showed admirable spirit to finish above local rivals Liverpool - and in a Champions League qualification position.

The former Preston chief also won the accolade two years ago after almost taking his side to a place in the Uefa Cup.

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
Re: Moyes named manager of the year
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 10:51:57 AM »
Shame he's Scottish really.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

bez

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 12:16:39 PM »
Deserved.

Moyes, Moyes, Davey Davey Moyes, He's got red hair but we dont care, Davey Davey Moyes!

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 02:15:19 PM »

David Moyes has rounded off a memorable season by winning the League Managers' Association manager of the year award.
He guided Everton to fourth place in the Premiership this season, which also means a place in the Champions League.

"At the start of the season I wondered, 'How can we avoid relegation?' Then we lost Wayne Rooney to Manchester United," said 42-year-old Moyes.

"A year ago I was relieved to have escaped relegation. It is amazing how football can turn around."

The LMA award can go to a manager from any division who was "deemed to have achieved the most - taking into consideration the resources available to him".

After struggling in 2003-04 when Everton finished one place above the relegation zone, fans despaired over prospects for this season when Rooney was sold for £27m last August.

Moyes only had a limited amount of that money to spend, initially bringing in Tim Cahill and Marcus Bent.

Midway through the season, Everton's form dipped following the sale of Thomas Gravesen to Real Madrid but they showed admirable spirit to finish above local rivals Liverpool - and in a Champions League qualification position.

The former Preston chief also won the accolade two years ago after almost taking his side to a place in the Uefa Cup.

do you actually have an opinion on this?  or are you just telling us shit we already know?
NO MORE WAR

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 02:18:31 PM »

do you actually have an opinion on this?  or are you just telling us shit we already know?

Sports & Entertainment
Spread word on the latest goings on in the worlds of sport and entertainment including video games, books & comics.
Moderators: Jay ay Beee, The Big Bad Ass, Javier

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 02:21:54 PM »

do you actually have an opinion on this? or are you just telling us shit we already know?
NO MORE WAR

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 02:24:41 PM »
everton sux.

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 02:25:04 PM »

"Spread word on the latest goings on in the worlds of sport" - if u kno doesnt mean everbody else knows...

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 02:27:42 PM »
yeh but generally people post if they have a viewpoint on something

i'm just asking if u have an opinion or the topic or whether you're just posting for the sake of posting
NO MORE WAR

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 02:30:37 PM »
personally i thought he deserved it considerin what he had available to him contrasted with mourinho's blank checkbook...

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 02:31:25 PM »
personally i thought he deserved it considerin what he had available to him contrasted with mourinho's blank checkbook...

i agree ;)
NO MORE WAR

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 02:45:07 PM »
Ahh, I thought it was gonna kick off there.

Mac I just got a PM of Woozie calling your mother a cum guzzling whore. And he says you throw like a girl.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 02:48:16 PM »
Mac I just got a PM of Woozie calling your mother a cum guzzling whore. And he says you throw like a girl.

i doubt that very much
NO MORE WAR