Author Topic: Man Utd/Lyn go to Fifa in Obi row  (Read 126 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Man Utd/Lyn go to Fifa in Obi row
« on: May 18, 2005, 10:59:39 AM »

Manchester United and Norwegian club Lyn Oslo have lodged a complaint with Fifa over Chelsea's pursuit of Nigerian teenage prodigy John Mikel Obi.
Mikel Obi has claimed he was forced to sign a contract with United from Lyn.

"Lyn and Manchester United have sent in a complaint on Chelsea and the two agents, John Shittu and Rune Hauge, to Fifa," said Lyn's lawyer Erik Nadheim.

United announced the 18-year-old midfielder's £4m transfer on 29 April after he scored twice on his Lyn debut.

Hauge has said first division Lyn do not have the right to sell Mikel Obi.

The 18-year-old midfielder, who Lyn believe is in England, has been quoted in Norwegian media as saying he wants to join Chelsea.

Lyn said they have a valid contract with Mikel Obi, which runs until the end of 2006, and that he is in breach of that contract after missing training on 12 May and a match four days later.

"The only thing that Lyn wants is that Mikel comes back to Norway," added Nadheim.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Man Utd/Lyn go to Fifa in Obi row
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 06:24:23 PM »
Obi desperate to sign for Chelsea 

John Mikel Obi says he wants to sign for Chelsea - just a month after agreeing a deal with Manchester United.

United and Norwegians Lyn Oslo lodged a complaint with Fifa over Chelsea's pursuit of Obi on Wedneday after he said he was forced to sign for United.

Obi, 18, told BBC's Newsnight he did not want to go to Old Trafford "because I don't want to" and that he signed for United because "something happened".

"I love Chelsea and I'm going to be happy when I go," he added.

Obi's assertion comes a day after Chelsea, along with agents John Shittu and Rune Hauge, were the subject of a complaint to Fifa.

They claim he was happy to agree a move to Manchester United on 29 April, but since that time has performed a U-turn, insisting he had been bullied into agreeing to switch to Old Trafford.

It is a claim furiously denied by United chief executive David Gill and Oslo's sporting director Morgan Anderson.

They have both signed the documents that are on their way to Fifa's headquarters in Zurich.
NO MORE WAR

Jome

Re: Man Utd/Lyn go to Fifa in Obi row
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:40:51 PM »
Oh man, am I tired of hearing about this shit.. it's been headline news for 2 weeks straight now over here.

Take 3-4 corrupt Football agents, of whom some might be without license, a newly appointed manager who never took a coaching lesson, a lying greedy fuckhead of a Sporting Director, a dumb (?) young black boy who can't make up his mind and is easily fooled and misled, add 3 Nigerians who wants publicity, some lawyers and Russian mafia, and throw Man.U, Chelsea and a couple of kidnappings/disappearing into the mix, and you got one hell of a soap opera.