Author Topic: RZA Talks About Wu-Tang Manual (Book) Follow Up  (Read 111 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
RZA Talks About Wu-Tang Manual (Book) Follow Up
« on: May 20, 2005, 03:56:52 PM »

Wu Tang Clan leader The RZA recently discussed his venture into the book world, with the release of his book "The Wu-Tang Manual."

The book is RZA’s first written work and contains his thoughts, a dictionary containing “Wu Slang,” a section devoted to an analysis of Wu Tang’s lyrics, never-before-seen photos of the group and other offerings.

RZA said he was pleased with the results of the first book and hinted that a follow-up was in the works.

“I can't tell you when the second part is coming out,” RZA said. “We're keeping that a secret for the moment."

RZA, who is currently in the studio recording a new album with Method Man, said the response to the book was overwhelming.

“I have little kids come up to me saying [The Wu-Tang Manual] changed their lives and perspectives on life,” RZA said.

According to RZA, more people have shown up for his in-store booking signing than for album releases. “One girl came up to me and said she had bought ten copies of the book and gave it away to all her girlfriends to read,” RZA

In related news, RZA and Busta Rhymes are overseeing the production of Raekwon’s highly anticipated release, Only Built For Cuban Linx 2.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4410

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: RZA Talks About Wu-Tang Manual (Book) Follow Up
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 10:10:38 AM »
the book is alright but c'mon now... life chaning?  be for real.  it's not in-depth enough to be on that type of level.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

We Fly High

Re: RZA Talks About Wu-Tang Manual (Book) Follow Up
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 02:00:39 PM »
hahha yeah rza is trippin..they give like one paragrpah explanations for like religions and everything. hahaha. nothing really in depth. exactly how life cahnging can that get. maybe their music was life changing for the person, but i dotn think the book played a big part. the book was pretty interesting to read though. about them trippin out on acid at the shows and shit, and just the history behind each member. it was a dope book.