Author Topic: Lincoln's Top 50 albums of all time, genre spanding  (Read 611 times)

Jakubs

Re: Lincoln's Top 50 albums of all time, genre spanding
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 08:20:03 PM »
Nice list. I love it when I see people on a hip hop message board talking about other genres of music. It always helps my argument that the hip hop culture does appreciate other music and shows respect for artists of all genres. Music is like ampm, too much good stuff!
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 08:26:08 PM »
Way too much Beatles albums for me, and not a single Rolling Stone's album mentioned.

I would have rated Physical Graffiti before Houses of the Holy. On a side note; Anyone checked out Robert Plant's latest album with the Strange Sensations - 'Mighty ReArranger'? Definatly well worth the money!

Few other discrepancies, but then again it's your top 50 not mine..
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 12:29:13 PM »
^ yea i need to check that new plant..

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »
Way too much Beatles albums for me, and not a single Rolling Stone's album mentioned.

I would have rated Physical Graffiti before Houses of the Holy. On a side note; Anyone checked out Robert Plant's latest album with the Strange Sensations - 'Mighty ReArranger'? Definatly well worth the money!

Few other discrepancies, but then again it's your top 50 not mine..

I've never personally liked the Rolling Stones. I don't know, they've just never appealed to me.
You mentioned a few other discrepancies, I would appreciate if you elaborated. I enjoy music debates.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 03:30:09 PM »
na 40 licks should be on the list, im not the biggest stones fans,  and they are overated,

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 04:37:43 PM »

I've never personally liked the Rolling Stones. I don't know, they've just never appealed to me.
You mentioned a few other discrepancies, I would appreciate if you elaborated. I enjoy music debates.

Fair enough, i'm the opposite though i've always liked The Stones alot more than i've liked The Beatles.

I can't really be bothered taking the time to make my own list but i would have included albums like Hotel California, Physical Graffiti, Electric Ladyland, Nevermind, Exile On Main Street, Dark Side of the Moon, etc
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 09:01:33 PM »
i like your list, i would have altered it a little but overall it has some really good albums on there.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 12:19:27 AM »
it'd take forever to decide which albums i like btter than which but these are my 50 favorite albums

in no order

1. Prince Purple Rain
2. Guns N roses Appetite for Destruction
3. Snoop Dogg Doggystyle
4. Ac Dc- Back in black
5. Dr. Dre- The Chronic
6. Led Zeppelin- IV
7. Ozzy-Blizzard of Ozz
8. Green Day-Dookie
9. Iron Maiden-Power Slave
10. Korn-Korn
11. 2pac-All Eyez on me
12. Metallica-Ride the Lightning
13. Metallica-Metallica
14. Metallica-Master of Puppets
15. Metallica-and Justice for all
16. Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon
17. Pink Floyd-The Wall
18. Van Halen-Van Halen
19. West Side Connection-Bow Down
20. Xzibit-At the Speed of life
21. Ice Cube-War and Peace the war disc
22. Jimi Hendrix-Are you experienced
23. Sublime-Sublime
24. Green Day-American Idiot
25. The Darkness -Permission to land
26. dr. Dre-2001
27. Los Lonely Boys-Los Lonely Boys
28. Carlos Santana-Abraxis
29. Lynyrd Skynyrd-Pronounced Leh nerd Skin nerd
30. 2pac- Me against the world
31. Steve Vai-Love and warfare
32. Tha Dogg Pound- dogg Food
33. Dj Quik-Safe and SOund
34. NWA-Efil4zaggin
35. OUtkast-Aquemini
36. OUtkast-Stankonia
37. Outkast-ATLiens
38. Andre 3000 the love below
39. Prince-Sign o the times
40. red hot chili peppers-blood sugar sex magik
41. Moody Blues-Days of Future Passed
42. Van Halen-1984
44. Blue Oyester Cult-Agents of Fortune
45. Ray Charles-Modern Sounds in Country and Western
46. Prince-Paisley Park
47. Murder was the Case Soundtrack
48. Eminem-the Eminem Show
49. Snoop Dogg- Tha Last Meal
50. Pink Floyd-wish you were here

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 09:32:04 AM »
what in the world s Beatles - Blue & Red albums?
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Matrix Heart

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 10:55:46 AM »

Enya -  Paint The Sky With Stars

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 01:11:52 PM »

they´re good to try to give somebody an idea of what kind of music and band makes, cause each genre has its own peculiarities and lifestyle/culture around it. what is close-minded is thinking you can divide music into a certain number of genres with every band/artist pertaining to one of them

and Infinite, what´s your point? what i do feel more mature about than a while ago is that i´ve become open-minded towards basically anything, and i don´t know why you hit every other non-hiphop topic and spread your dogmatic views over it. personally, i don´t listen to any music to be ´mature´, the thing i personally consider ´mature´ is not stubbornly sticking to what you consider ´your kind of music´, it´s stupid and you miss out on a lot. and i admit i did that for a whole while...

Listening to Rock music doesn't make you "open-minded" nor does it make anyone more "mature".  Most the Rock cd's ya'll mentioned are bigoted, beer guzzling, confederate flag waving, white trash anthems accompanied by black-hating lyrics like those of Axl Rose.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 01:20:04 PM »

they´re good to try to give somebody an idea of what kind of music and band makes, cause each genre has its own peculiarities and lifestyle/culture around it. what is close-minded is thinking you can divide music into a certain number of genres with every band/artist pertaining to one of them

and Infinite, what´s your point? what i do feel more mature about than a while ago is that i´ve become open-minded towards basically anything, and i don´t know why you hit every other non-hiphop topic and spread your dogmatic views over it. personally, i don´t listen to any music to be ´mature´, the thing i personally consider ´mature´ is not stubbornly sticking to what you consider ´your kind of music´, it´s stupid and you miss out on a lot. and i admit i did that for a whole while...

Listening to Rock music doesn't make you "open-minded" nor does it make anyone more "mature". Most the Rock cd's ya'll mentioned are bigoted, beer guzzling, confederate flag waving, white trash anthems accompanied by black-hating lyrics like those of Axl Rose.
yea i bet led zeppelin & the beatles were waving confederate flags.. and as for beer guzling.. how many rappers drink, smoke weed, and do other drugs, niggga please...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »
  and as for beer guzling.. how many rappers drink, smoke weed, and do other drugs, niggga please...

If so-called "gangsta rap" is what you are referring too, even then, I can deal with "gangsta rap" much easier than I can deal with white trash music.  Atleast so-called "gangsta rappers" have 400 years of oppression in this country to use as an excuse.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 01:42:58 PM by The Imam »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 01:43:01 PM »
^ hahahahhahahahahahahaah

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 03:48:10 PM »
Infinite, you´re one of the sorriest persons ever active on this board. I´m sorry to say that, but expressing myself euphemistically wouldn´t bring my point across. The shit that makes its way from your brain to your fingers to my little screen here is just sad, nothing but sad actually, yet preposterously hilarious.

I won´t even get on the subject of oppression excusing cynicism, shitty music and cheap lyrics in your opinion. Every person of a halfway decent intellect will view gangsta rap in its social context, but you identify with it completely and flee from reality, painting a utopic and glorifying picture of what to you is rebellion against whatever you don´t like. You stubbornly focus on your music and pugnaciously look around for occasions to attack people who do not unconditionally identify with what you consider to be your ´culture´. You´re a typical example of a wigger, with the peculiarity of adding a twist of pseudo-intellectualism and copied wisdom you have no idea of at all, which results in these pathetic attempts at a ´discussion´ we are all forced to cope with whenever we say we like something that is not hiphop. Apart from that, you´re a hypocrit, but i think you don´t realize you are; you´re stuck with your spectacularly stupid fundamentalism reducing everything to a sad cliché yet you´re convinced of being right, whatever anybody may say. Really, it´s pure fundamentalism. Pitiful.

The shit you´re talking about ´rock albums´ is a prime example. Not that Axl Rose´s lyrics have never made the impression of being slightly ambiguous, but you demonstrate a lack of knowledge too dramatic for anyone to even consider not lauging at your ass in your post. Of course Paul McCartney, Roger Waters or Bradley Nowell (RIP) are/were all a bunch of flag-waving rednecks, yes. Jimi Hendrix was the definition of hick music. And you know, they were white trash, which makes them even the more despicable...it´s good you take a stand against racism Infinite. Fucking black-hating white trash beer guzzlers.

I don´t feel like going on anymore. Congratulations on your last two posts however. You´ve come close to your peaks