Author Topic: REGGAETON  (Read 340 times)

ecrazy

Re: REGGAETON
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 11:24:40 PM »
It's Latino music, aimed at Latinos.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2005, 12:13:33 AM »
fuck that, cats like daddy yankee puttin out songs in all spanish. i dont care about people bein able to dance to it. dont play songs if you can understand it.

It's Latino music, aimed at Latinos.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

SGV

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2005, 10:05:53 AM »
fuck that, cats like daddy yankee puttin out songs in all spanish. i dont care about people bein able to dance to it. dont play songs if you can understand it.
Uh... So your beef is that people who's first language is Spanish are making songs in their native Language? LOL. Ok! Is it his fault that he's a huge star in Puerto Rico and other Spanish speaking Countries? Usually you're on point, but this was one of the most Ignorant things I've ever seen you write.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2005, 10:08:32 AM »
yeah that was pretty stupid baby g, but this shit sucks

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2005, 10:16:14 AM »
i agree with baby g, i dont wanna hear that shit if i dont udnerstand one word. i just hate it, that gasolina one, culo, pitbulls voice is fuckin annoying as hell. just garbage and corny.
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 10:30:27 AM »
i like some reggaeton....

...not all is your typical thinking of gasolina, lil jon, pitbull, daddy yankee

and its not just a "spanish" thing

its a hood thing...or essentially was....ie alot of the slanguage used particularly puerto rican is older slanguage from the streets...not necessarily words with same meanings as meant in mex etc etc

i cannot diss this type of music as i cannot any other...its preference but a broad fuckin scope ...too broad to dissmiss completely for anyone in truth IMO

SGV

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005, 10:34:42 AM »
i agree with baby g, i dont wanna hear that shit if i dont udnerstand one word. i just hate it, that gasolina one, culo, pitbulls voice is fuckin annoying as hell. just garbage and corny.
Whats funny is Pitbull is NOT a Reggaeton artist. LOL. And whats worse is you guys judge Reggaeton off of only a handful of the tracks you've heard. You can't understand it, how do you know it's corny?

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2005, 10:39:13 AM »
:P thats what i said

lol

SGV

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »
Lil Jon is NOT Reggaeton!! He's made like 3 or 4 songs that involve Reggaeton!! Lord Jesus!

These are Reggaeton artists:

Ivy Queen, Tego Calderon, Don Omar, Nicky Jam, Daddy Yankee,Voltio, Wisin, Yandel, Zion, Lennox, Chenky, Kapeon, Wisin y Vandel, etc.

Nicky Jam is old school. The first I heard that dude was "Descontrol." That shit was a banger. Voltio is a spitter, fuck you heard. I seen this dude live, he SPITS. Most of these cats are huge in Latin America, they're just getting big out here. Just continues to show that Latinos influence this country a lot more than people think!

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2005, 11:12:51 AM »
= AN EXCUSE FOR SQUARES TO ACT THUG.

and that's all I have to say about that!

lol

this shit has GOT to be the worst music in America right now.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2005, 11:21:32 AM »
Reggaeton = Excuse to have bitches cream themselves without even trying.

Believe it! Sorry Rod... Simply put, only Squares don't feel this music. If you have no rhythm whatsoever, this music is NOT for you. If you can't handle a Female backing it up on you, this music is NOT for you. 

I was bumping Reggaeton back in 98/99 when we (as in my Cousins and I) called it Playero. We were bangin' Playero 41, Baby Rasta Y Gringo, etc. That was the shit in Honduras.

Reggaeton has it's place and thats at a Club/Party. Bumpin' it in your car is a stretch, unless its Tego, cuz he's a spitter.

Who remembers El General? Holla the fuck back! haha.

oh naw, don't get me wrong, I'm all for it at the club, It livens shit up, I like that idea. And I don't even need to explain what I seen bitches do when this shit comes on at events n shit. Reggaeton is coo, I ain't latin, but hanging around latinos 24/7, I'm pretty familiar with that old shit before it was Americanized, like Tito N Hector, Daddy Yankee back in the days etc.

What I was mainly speaking on was about how I went to post up and parking lot pimp at the Reggaeton concert that went down in Frisco and all we was seeing was gay ass cats thinking they sic wit this "reggaeton movement" as they call it. Or goin dumb in their cars bumpin that shit, you can't go dumb and gig to that shit, you're slapping the bay in the face. I dunno, I can't explain it exactly. But everyone out there was just clowning on these cats, it was hella funny.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2005, 11:37:16 AM »
naaaaaaaaahh... sounds like a fuckin lawnmower convention to me...

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2005, 02:45:45 PM »
naaaaaaaaahh... sounds like a fuckin lawnmower convention to me...
co-sign

Matrix Heart

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2005, 05:06:13 PM »
Who cares about the rappers it's all about the music...I rather listen to Reggaeton then those wack ass bay area rappers  :D  :banana_trippin: :banana_llama: