Poll

Who's the tightest producer?

Dr. Dre
47 (79.7%)
Dj Premier
12 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Dr. Dre vs Dj Primo  (Read 490 times)

ABN

Re: Dr. Dre vs Dj Primo
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 02:04:55 PM »
a lot of peoples seem to forget that Dre is a real dope "real" hip hop producer too. i´d prolly take his Ruthless work over the Premier´s entire catalog. but i´d think it would be more fair to Premier to make a thread like Pete Rock or Large Proffessor vs DJ Premier coz all 3 of them are pretty much stuck in the 80s sound and they haven´t really evolved during the years but they still dope tho.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 02:05:20 PM »
its hiphop production.. but not 'music' production in the larger sense

sums it up
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 02:06:07 PM »
Premier, P P, Premier

The_One

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 02:07:03 PM »
This is a West forum so Dre is gonna take it... and dont get me wrong I like Dre but Primo's beats and samples basically fall strictly under the definition of hip-hop for me so im votin Primo.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 02:07:29 PM »
not even close, dre

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 02:15:17 PM »
Dre day, all day, everyday

This is a West forum so Dre is gonna take it...

Exactly, it's like going to a 2pac forum and doing a Pac vs Big

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 02:25:08 PM »
its hiphop production.. but not 'music' production in the larger sense

sums it up

Yeah, but Primo is hip-hop to the fullest. If it's hip-hop you're serching for, then you should go with Primo.
If it's perfection and production in general (from R&B to G-Funk to gangsta shit) then Dre is the King, no doubt.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 02:46:48 PM »

muthafuck this thread!
NO MORE WAR

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 02:47:41 PM »
Premier!! 
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

acbaylove

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2005, 03:26:17 PM »
4 votes to Primo, 20%. More than i was expecting..

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2005, 03:49:39 PM »
sorry i only listen to the westcoast, hate on me if you want but i dunno who primo is, what songs he done, hook us up with his tightest tracks.
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

Elevz

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2005, 03:54:49 PM »
This actually had me in doubt for a second or 20. That's when I realised Premier seems to be going nowhere, he's hardly ever changing his styles. It's Premier who's always coming with that true hiphop sound... But that sound as defined by him, has been the same for years now. At least Dre likes to bring some NEW shit to the table every now and then. Dre takes it, also for being well varied (producing for people like Busta Rhymes and Tony Yayo, and on the other hand he did tracks for Gwen Stefani as well. That's just something Premier can't say he did. Nas, Capone -N- Noreaga, M.O.P, Gang Starr... Premier sure did some great things for them... But it just won't fully compare to everything Dre's done over the years. The variety. The ability to change the sound of the music.

Voted for Dr. Dre.

Mygla

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2005, 03:59:05 PM »
Primo's done som classic material, but his gritty sound could never appeal to me in the same way Dre's productions have done all these years.

sorry i only listen to the westcoast, hate on me if you want but i dunno who primo is, what songs he done, hook us up with his tightest tracks.

l.....m.....a.....o  ;D

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2005, 04:32:56 PM »
Dre by a longshot.

Primo is good at what he does, but when it comes to innovation, Dre wins by miles. Primo's production hasn't changed much in the last 15 years, it's basically loop a sample over 2 bars, then scratches in the hook. Dre on the other hand has changed the game with his music. There's no comparison, Dre is on a whole other level.

word

acbaylove

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2005, 04:34:47 PM »

Damn man. Never heard of Gang Starr?