Author Topic: Van Der Vaart "Certain" To Move To Germany  (Read 88 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Van Der Vaart "Certain" To Move To Germany
« on: May 23, 2005, 04:05:33 PM »

Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has revealed that he has agreed personal terms with Hamburger SV and expects to move from Ajax to Germany in due course.

The 22-year-old said on Monday: "I’ve agreed personal terms and it’s certain that I’ll be moving to Germany. HSV is a great club and I’ll be signing a four-year deal with them."

However, despite the certainty of the player, Ajax and HSV have yet to agree a fee for the transfer. The player has a contract in Amsterdam until 2006 and Ajax are looking to recoup about €7 million on his sale. The Germans are willing to fork out €5 million, so a compromise of sorts must be agreed before the deal is finalised. 

Hamburger SV missed out on European qualification this season, and see van der Vaart as a major contributor in next season's push.

Thought he would have only left Ajax to go a bigger club...

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Van Der Vaart "Certain" To Move To Germany
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 10:52:37 AM »

Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has revealed that he has agreed personal terms with Hamburger SV and expects to move from Ajax to Germany in due course.

The 22-year-old said on Monday: "I’ve agreed personal terms and it’s certain that I’ll be moving to Germany. HSV is a great club and I’ll be signing a four-year deal with them."

However, despite the certainty of the player, Ajax and HSV have yet to agree a fee for the transfer. The player has a contract in Amsterdam until 2006 and Ajax are looking to recoup about €7 million on his sale. The Germans are willing to fork out €5 million, so a compromise of sorts must be agreed before the deal is finalised. 

Hamburger SV missed out on European qualification this season, and see van der Vaart as a major contributor in next season's push.

Thought he would have only left Ajax to go a bigger club...

Can't believe that he looks to be signing for Hamburg, he has been linked with Barca, Man Utd etc always looked a good player but seems to be having a bad season in what has become a bad season for Ajax

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 03:55:48 AM »
Stupid decision, instead of going to a Champions League or atleast stay by Ajax he changes to a UI-Cup club  :-X

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 02:35:19 PM »
Stupid decision, instead of going to a Champions League or atleast stay by Ajax he changes to a UI-Cup club  :-X

I don't think a lot of clubs were interested in buying him. He was also not happy at Ajax, so the decision probably wasn't very hard for him.