Author Topic: Bush Continues to Set Records for Low Approval Ratings  (Read 114 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bush Continues to Set Records for Low Approval Ratings
« on: May 24, 2005, 06:56:10 AM »
GWB just set a record for the lowest approval rating ever for a second term president at this point during his term. Bush's current approval rating stands at 45% (altho other polling groups rate him even lower at 43%).  Bush is a full 11 pts below Reagan who comes in a distant second.  And even more strikingly Bush is actually the only US President ever to be disapproved of by the majority post election.  I personally can't see him going much lower in the near future, but only time will tell.  Either way, despite the ignorance of some GOP faithfuls these numbers are having a negative effect on the GOP.  SS privatization is failing miserably.  The GOP lost the filibuster dispute even with a 6 vote majority.  And a number of high ranking republicans are polling poorly.

Gallup Numbers

Here are the approval ratings for presidents as recorded by Gallup (all for March):

Truman, 1949: 57%.

Eisenhower, 1957: 65%.

Johnson, 1965: 69%.

Nixon, 1973: 57%.

Reagan, 1985: 56%.

Clinton, 1997: 59% .

Bush, 2005: 45% .

« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 11:35:08 AM by Ant »

Re: Bush Continues to Set Records for Low Approval Ratings
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 07:42:08 AM »
maybe god will help him....

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 09:33:47 PM »
strive to be number 1

hope glimmers

• 'G'
  • thats me
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 05:04:36 AM »
President Bush was visiting a primary school and he visited one of the classes. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy". So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy". One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who  lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and  kills him, that would be a tragedy." No," said Bush, "that would be an accident." A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy." I'm afraid not," explained the president. "That's what we would call a great loss." The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Bush searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a  tragedy?" Finally at the back of the room a small boy raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said: "If Air Force One carrying you and Mrs. Bush was struck by a "friendly fire" missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy." "Fantastic!" exclaimed Bush. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?" "Well," says the boy, "It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."

just a little joke i had sent to me... god i love bush :stupid: :puke:
love stinks yeah yeah

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 06:22:45 PM »
45 is pretty high. I wish it were 15
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)