Author Topic: NEXT YEARS LAKERS  (Read 1258 times)

King Of L.A.

NEXT YEARS LAKERS
« on: May 25, 2005, 12:48:49 PM »
GERALD GREEN will be the person the Lakers Draft and they wil TRADE for a BIG NAMED ALL STAR WHO DIDNT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Phil will be announced in Mid June as the New Lakers Head Coach.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NEXT YEARS LAKERS
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 12:57:02 PM »
So they try to get Z? Don't see why the Cavs are in for a SG.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

King Of L.A.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 01:13:29 PM »
So they try to get Z? Don't see why the Cavs are in for a SG.

Z is old and washed up and the lakers are not interested in Z. they will keep Gerald Green as a SF. Kobe will be in mentor. Lakers will then package a Caron Butler, Odom + Expiring Contracts to free up cap space for the other team in exchange for a BIG NAMED all star.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 01:24:12 PM »
Oh sorry I thought you meant they trade the rookie for some All-Star and didnt take you serious therefore. Whose that big ass named All-Star that didnt make the playoffs if not Z? Vince? Hill? Kidd? Don't see that comin.. Matter of fact, every big named All-Star who didnt make the playoffs is old. Except LeBron and Wade you know, but those definitely won't be traded. Marbury? Abdur-Rahim?

LOL. In another thread I saw you claim they aquire KG - LOL. This is so unrealistic, he didnt even come to my mind when I thought about who you claim they will get. Keep dreaming.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 01:27:48 PM by 7even the Annoyed One »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 02:02:26 PM »
KG is def unrealistic, man. It's more than what i dream, lol.

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 02:03:58 PM »
Do u guys think that Garnett will be traded and what team do you think realistically will he be on

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 02:31:36 PM »
i think the Lakers are going to draft sean may from north carolina,the Lakers need a physical big man and may will be perfect for the triangle..

and i like Odom and butler,last season was a bad season because rudy t sucks as a coach,phil jackson will put it all together and wi will be better way better

and about those contracts and the sorry players we have,we have no choise but to kep them because noone wants'em..

i don't know when K.G could opt out of his contract,but when he can i don't see why he wont want to come play with kobe and philbytthat's years from know,lets focused right now

King Of L.A.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 02:32:41 PM »
Oh sorry I thought you meant they trade the rookie for some All-Star and didnt take you serious therefore. Whose that big ass named All-Star that didnt make the playoffs if not Z? Vince? Hill? Kidd? Don't see that comin.. Matter of fact, every big named All-Star who didnt make the playoffs is old. Except LeBron and Wade you know, but those definitely won't be traded. Marbury? Abdur-Rahim?

LOL. In another thread I saw you claim they aquire KG - LOL. This is so unrealistic, he didnt even come to my mind when I thought about who you claim they will get. Keep dreaming.

where are u from? Europe? please stfu.

i have my sources about KG.

"First, Phil Jackson is the Lakers first choice. The Lakers are Phil Jackson's first choice. Although a contract has not been signed, one is expected to be completed and signed by all parties involved by Wednesday. The details are sketchy right now, however, it is a 5 year, 60 Million Dollar deal. There will be incentives only for reaching the finals - none for just the playoffs.

Second, the Lakers will try to aquire Kevin Garnett. This will all depend on the Lakers being able to trade up high enough to acquire high school phenom, Gerald Green, and Kevin Garnett's cooperation. To the latter, the Laker organization has not contacted Garnett (as it would be a violation) but he has heard through the grapevine that if he wants out to LA, the Lakers could put together a special package to get him. To the former, the acquisition of Gerald Green would allow the Laker organization to trade Lamar Odom and Caron Butler to get Kevin Garnett. Brian Grant and Wally Sczerbiack are also going to be involved in the trade. Gerald Green is a high school phenom with a tremendous amount of potential. With Kobe Bryant as his mentor, he may be able to realize some of his potential immediately. Also the franchise would be very safe in the SF position in the future with Green. Unfortunately, there is no scenario where we would be able to acquire Kevin Garnett if Gerald Green is not drafted.

Third, if the above are accomplished, the Lakers will try to upgrade in the point guard and power forward positions in the draft. There is no one that can come in and make an immediate impact in terms of changing the game, but the organization is looking for a PG that can move through screens and see the court better than atkins. As of right now, Sasha V. is looking like a potential starter for next season. The organization wants him to get bigger, however, before he can acquire the starting role. Of course this is all subject to his performance in training camp and the exhibition games in the beginning of the season.

Fourth, it is a priority for the Laker organization to re-hire Tex Winter. The triangle was initially designed for a Kobe/Lamar - Kobe/Green type duo. Wally is an excellent spot up shooter and Garnett is an excellent defender. These pieces would be ideal and Tex could show them how to excel in every aspect of the game. The key is for each man to play his role.

Fifth, the laker bench is a concern for the Lakers. A integral part of the Lakers success next year will be the performance of JJ. Additionally, Vlade Divac is expected to be back next season as a back up to C. Mihm. The Lakers may be looking to move Douthit and Walton for a solid backup for Kobe Bryant or Chris Mihm. This won't happen during the offseason, however.

Sixth, the Lakers feel that they can win immediately next year. It will depend on how well Mitch is able to accomplish some of his goals. So, we will see what happens.

I do not want to speculate as to the decisions that Minn will or will not make. The Minn organization is in dissary. With Kevin Garnett they have only made it to the Western Conference finals once. They had a string of consecutive first round exits and did not make it to the playoffs this year. There are rumblings that the Minn team is too old and in need of rebuiding From that perspective it would make sense to pick up Lamar and Caron. Grants contract comes off the books earlier than Garnetts and could give the TW cap room to sign a big time free agent in the future. Of course the above is a hypothetical rationale. Either way, it would not be a choice - If Garnett is getting dealt, Grant would be included in the trade.

The second piece of information that makes the trade realistic is that losing has been taking a toll on Garnett. He is in South Carolina right now - and I'm sure you've heard that he is not happy. Although demanding a trade to the Lakers in not part of Kevin Garnetts persona, at some point he is going to have to think about himself. He has made a number of sacrifices for Minn and it is believed that Minn would accomodate any request for a trade -even to the Lakers - if they can get some solid pieces to build around for the future. Finally, I haven't heard that picks would be involved in any trade, but if Minn demanded future picks - maybe the Miami one, I'm sure the Lakers would agree.

Again, this post is just a response to you questions. I tried to answer them reasonably, but I confess, I have no information from anyone in the Minn organization.

I don't think anyone could tell you much more. Again, I'm just giving you how we would acquire Kevin Garnett. I'm telling you why we would NOT get Garnett if we did not acquire Green. I never said getting Garnett was realistic, I said the organization has a viable plan to pull it off.

I would think for all the speculation that goes on, some information would be better than no information. I tried to concentrate your attention on some of the things the Lakers were doing so you guys could discuss those aspects as well. Again, if you don't believe me, that is your right. I don't expect to get much respect here until my information materializes, but don't try to undermine my position to other fans who may be interested. Good Night.

1) KG wants out. He is in Greenville, SC contemplating asking for a trade. He wants to play in LA or Cleveland. Its a delicate situation because its not in KGs persona to ask for a trade, but he wants to win.
2) Gerald Green is the essential component. Many people think that the Lakers are trying to trade up in order to get a PG or Bogut. With Green you'll be able to move Butler and Odom without much production loss. Green can put in the points and Garnett can pull in the rebounds. The Lakers will not go for Garnett if they cannot get Green. Remember, the Lakers are working under the triangle, its essential that there be two swing men in the absence of a dominant center. Neither JJ nor Luke are capable of being swingmen. Lamar and Caron are capable. Its rationale too...no matter what you guys think, a duo of KG/Kobe without Green loses in the first round with the role players we'd be stuck with.
3) I am close with the organization (Lakers), there is a situation here in Washington, DC which is why I'm not in Los Angeles right now. My association with the organization is how I know these things.

Guys, I seriously don't have time for speculation. I wouldn't waste your time with something that I did not think would happen"

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 02:42:33 PM »

"First, Phil Jackson is the Lakers first choice. The Lakers are Phil Jackson's first choice. Although a contract has not been signed, one is expected to be completed and signed by all parties involved by Wednesday. The details are sketchy right now, however, it is a 5 year, 60 Million Dollar deal.

3) I am close with the organization (Lakers), there is a situation here in Washington, DC which is why I'm not in Los Angeles right now. My association with the organization is how I know these things.

Guys, I seriously don't have time for speculation. I wouldn't waste your time with something that I did not think would happen"

today is wendsday,do you mean next week?..

and how are you close to the Lakers organazation?

ecrazy

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 02:44:54 PM »
Addicted to Beef = Dr. Jerry Buss

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 02:57:56 PM »
Addicted to Beef = Dr. Jerry Buss

= dumbass.

King Of L.A.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 03:06:40 PM »
Forget phil signing on wednesday. they have already signed him but are not making it public yet. they don't wanna make it public untill the playoffs are over.

If you know who Gerald Green is then you know he is the real deal. hes a 19 yrd kid out of  High School whos gonna be a superstar and is very exicting to watch. Jerry Buss & Mitch Kupchak didn't like how ticket sales declining cuz of how boring it was to watch this team. Gerald Green is the type of kid who could bring exciment back along with KG. Phil Jackson would not have returned if he didn't think the Lakers would be a contender thats why they have plans to trade for KG. KG's agent already notified the Lakers organization that he is interested in playing in LA.

Heres a Video of Gerald Green winning the Dunk Contest.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1081894/2005_McDonald_s_High_School_All-American_Slam_Dunk_Contest.wmv.html

acbaylove

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 03:36:59 PM »
I remember you Lakers have the #10 draft pick. Is it enought to get this dude?

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 03:53:37 PM »
Forget phil signing on wednesday. they have already signed him but are not making it public yet. they don't wanna make it public untill the playoffs are over.

WTF?
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 03:53:57 PM »
Lakers are still years away from winning a championship.  They need a center and i highly doubt Jackson is going to coach them once again.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?