Author Topic: NEXT YEARS LAKERS  (Read 1257 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NEXT YEARS LAKERS
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 04:06:41 PM »
if Mitch can pull this off, ill praise him

acbaylove

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 05:52:34 PM »

Stop dreaming. ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 05:57:08 PM »

Stop dreaming. ::)

Im not dreaming

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 06:10:08 PM »
Who the fuck can you give Minnesota in order to make them giving KG away? What the fuck? The only player comparable to KG is Kobe, and you wont trade him right? And no, not every team trades a pure superstar for a mix of wannabe allstars and bench-warmers like you did last year.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 06:53:59 PM »
Oh sorry I thought you meant they trade the rookie for some All-Star and didnt take you serious therefore. Whose that big ass named All-Star that didnt make the playoffs if not Z? Vince? Hill? Kidd? Don't see that comin.. Matter of fact, every big named All-Star who didnt make the playoffs is old. Except LeBron and Wade you know, but those definitely won't be traded. Marbury? Abdur-Rahim?

LOL. In another thread I saw you claim they aquire KG - LOL. This is so unrealistic, he didnt even come to my mind when I thought about who you claim they will get. Keep dreaming.

Second, the Lakers will try to aquire Kevin Garnett. This will all depend on the Lakers being able to trade up high enough to acquire high school phenom, Gerald Green, and Kevin Garnett's cooperation. To the latter, the Laker organization has not contacted Garnett (as it would be a violation) but he has heard through the grapevine that if he wants out to LA, the Lakers could put together a special package to get him. To the former, the acquisition of Gerald Green would allow the Laker organization to trade Lamar Odom and Caron Butler to get Kevin Garnett. Brian Grant and Wally Sczerbiack are also going to be involved in the trade. Gerald Green is a high school phenom with a tremendous amount of potential. With Kobe Bryant as his mentor, he may be able to realize some of his potential immediately. Also the franchise would be very safe in the SF position in the future with Green. Unfortunately, there is no scenario where we would be able to acquire Kevin Garnett if Gerald Green is not drafted.

1) KG wants out. He is in Greenville, SC contemplating asking for a trade. He wants to play in LA or Cleveland. Its a delicate situation because its not in KGs persona to ask for a trade, but he wants to win.
2) Gerald Green is the essential component. Many people think that the Lakers are trying to trade up in order to get a PG or Bogut. With Green you'll be able to move Butler and Odom without much production loss. Green can put in the points and Garnett can pull in the rebounds. The Lakers will not go for Garnett if they cannot get Green. Remember, the Lakers are working under the triangle, its essential that there be two swing men in the absence of a dominant center. Neither JJ nor Luke are capable of being swingmen. Lamar and Caron are capable. Its rationale too...no matter what you guys think, a duo of KG/Kobe without Green loses in the first round with the role players we'd be stuck with.
3) I am close with the organization (Lakers), there is a situation here in Washington, DC which is why I'm not in Los Angeles right now. My association with the organization is how I know these things.

If Lakers get Garnett, the lakers will have two of the top 5 players in THE NBA  :o. That's fuckin sick. I'll be first in line to get a Garnett Laker jersay (i already have a wolves one). Only reason I like the Wolves is becuase of Garnett, if he goes to the Lakers, the lakers got a new fan  ;D.

BUt i've admired how Garnett would sacrifice things for Minn. You know, a player that stays with one team for the rest of their career are hard to come by now a days. That's why we have 'Franchise Players' and such.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 07:18:33 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, the NBA's mellowman...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 07:40:33 PM »

I MISS JERRY WEST..lets see what mitch kupchack does,good luck you gonna need it

LAKERS 4 LIFE

Doggystylin

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »
LMAO @ Odom and Butler for Garnett, what a joke, thats almost as bad as the Shaq trade, probably even worse, no way in hell minesotta would be stupid enough to give up a player who just got MVP a year ago for 2 nobodys.

acbaylove

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2005, 04:52:27 PM »
^ It's def worse than the Shaq one cause Garnett is still young.

Dean

• 'G'
  • "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense"
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2005, 04:52:49 PM »
lakers are done for a while

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2005, 04:59:07 PM »
lakers are done for a while

no they're not,they're going to be a playoff team next season

but it is going to take 2 years to become a championship team again

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2005, 06:13:59 PM »
LMAO @ Odom and Butler for Garnett, what a joke, thats almost as bad as the Shaq trade, probably even worse, no way in hell minesotta would be stupid enough to give up a player who just got MVP a year ago for 2 nobodys.

it might work if lakers give up their draft pick as well...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2005, 06:15:23 PM »

No.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2005, 08:38:29 PM »

No.

Well, if Minnesota was looking to trade Garnett, I don't think they'd do any better than Odom, Butler, Grant, and a 10th overall draft pick...Odom alone has potential to be a Garnett (doesn't mean he'll ever reach that status)...Butler is on his way to being an excellent player...Grant is losing his game, but I have a feeling he's already had his worst season this year...Then you got the #10 pick...Remember, Kobe was a #13 pick and even Garnett was picked up late at the #5 spot...You never know, that could be a good deal...Minnesota is in need of a new style, and this could go good...Imagine for Minnesota, what their starting line-up and bench would look like...They'd be so uptempo and would bring some excitement...

Starting 5:
PG Sam Cassel
SG Latrell Sprewell
SF Caron Butler
PF Lamar Odom
C Michael Olowakandi

Bench:
Wally Sczerbiak
Brian Grant
Trenton Hassel
Troy Hudson
Ndudi Ebi (this kid can be big)
Eddie Griffin
Mark Madsen
Ervin Johnson
Fred Hoiberg
+the 10th overall pick

...This could actually be a positive bounce-back for an organization that always seemed real, but ended up flopping every time...This season was rock-bottom for Minnesota, and this could be a turning point...I think the trade could turn out reasonable for Minnesota...I know the fans might hate it, but I gaurantee that the roster I just posted would AT LEAST make the playoffs, which is a step upwards...Then they can build on that.

Now, for the Lakers...Ooooh-weee, can anybody say "instant champions"? Imagine what a dynamic duo that would be; Kobe & KG...Could even turn out better than Kobe & Shaq, if the chemistry is right...And Phil Jackson coaching? Get the fuck outta here...Even with losing their 2nd and 3rd best player, they'd still have an amazing roster...

PG Chucky Atkins
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Devean George
PG Kevin Garnett
C Chris Mihm

Bench:
Vlade Divac
Brian Cook
Jumain Jones
Sasha Vujacic
Luke Walton
Slava Medvadenko
Tierre Brown
Tonny Bobbit

Okay, so they might need a little improvement on their bench and point guard position, but even this roster would easily go deep in the playoffs...Imagine if they could sign a strong, solid point guard, maybe like an Antonio Daniels...Then add some depth to the bench by acquiring a roll player or two...They can easily trade players like Medvadenko, Walton, or even Cook and come up with a bench player that'll fit the system perfectly...Most likely I'm just getting my hopes way up, but it would be a cool thing to see...PeACe

ecrazy

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2005, 11:44:53 PM »
Most likely I'm just getting my hopes way up
Ya Think?