Author Topic: NEXT YEARS LAKERS  (Read 1260 times)

acbaylove

Re: NEXT YEARS LAKERS
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2005, 01:13:16 AM »
Fuck Jonathan Bender...George alone is a better player than Bender. That trade would suck.

i agree. Bender is trash but he at least has size. 7feet. there are only 2 players on the laker squad athat are 6'10" and taller. odom & mihm.

i dont like this trade but the #17th pick is the real reason why they are making this trade. Mitch plans on moving up.

No doubt George is a better player than Bender. But like i said the previous year, it's wrong to judge a trade before it's done. Last year people were saying that Boston robbed L.A. in the Payton/Fox vs Mihm/Atkins/J.Jones trade. It looked incredibly stupid at the beginning. But now that the regular season is over, who really won that trade?

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2005, 01:17:30 AM »
lol@ this thread....

"i have my sources" LOL

ecrazy

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2005, 01:25:37 AM »
lol@ this thread....

"i have my sources" LOL

Dude, ITS THE FUCKING OWNER OF THE LAKERS!! DR. JERRY BUSS!!! DONT YOU KNOW?!?!?

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2005, 01:32:31 AM »
lol@ this thread....

"i have my sources" LOL

Dude, ITS THE FUCKING OWNER OF THE LAKERS!! DR. JERRY BUSS!!! DONT YOU KNOW?!?!?

lol after the moves made this last year....his name should be "Addicted to Losing" instead then...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2005, 11:11:46 PM »
Fuck Jonathan Bender...George alone is a better player than Bender. That trade would suck.

i agree. Bender is trash but he at least has size. 7feet. there are only 2 players on the laker squad athat are 6'10" and taller. odom & mihm.

i dont like this trade but the #17th pick is the real reason why they are making this trade. Mitch plans on moving up.

No doubt George is a better player than Bender. But like i said the previous year, it's wrong to judge a trade before it's done. Last year people were saying that Boston robbed L.A. in the Payton/Fox vs Mihm/Atkins/J.Jones trade. It looked incredibly stupid at the beginning. But now that the regular season is over, who really won that trade?

I never said Boston robbed LA...In fact, I liked the trade from day one, and so did many other people...It was only some Laker haters from this board tryna make it seem like Jerry Buss can't do no right...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2005, 02:54:44 AM »

I never said Boston robbed LA...In fact, I liked the trade from day one, and so did many other people...It was only some Laker haters from this board tryna make it seem like Jerry Buss can't do no right...PeACe

Yeah i remember it. You liked Mihm and Banks. Well, JJ is not bad too, man! Def a surprise. :)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2005, 11:55:13 AM »

lol after the moves made this last year....his name should be "Addicted to Losing" instead then...

i hate when people post stupid stuff..Dr.Buss has been the most successful owner since 1979,WTF do you mean "Addicted to losing"?..

know he's going to build around kobe.the Lakers will be fine,missing the palyoffs 2 times since 1979 is greeeeat!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2005, 11:37:28 PM »
^^Seriously...I thought ToNe knew a little more basketball than that...Addicted to losing? Buss is one of the most succesful owners in sports history. You should avoid making stupid comments like that.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2005, 07:44:36 AM »
^^^apparently u guys didnt read the first half of the statement.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2005, 07:53:01 AM »
Buss' problem is that, like most Laker fans, he is in love with Kobe. Everything gets done how Kobe wants it. If Kobe said "No, fuck Phil." - do you guys honestly believe Buss would consider re-signing Jackson as a coach? Bet he won't. Kobe could probably also force the Lakers to play in another arena in order to have to drive less miles to get to work.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2005, 08:05:30 AM »
Buss' problem is that, like most Laker fans, he is in love with Kobe. Everything gets done how Kobe wants it. If Kobe said "No, fuck Phil." - do you guys honestly believe Buss would consider re-signing Jackson as a coach? Bet he won't. Kobe could probably also force the Lakers to play in another arena in order to have to drive less miles to get to work.

I understand, Buss likes Kobe cus he puts fans in the seats. But also, thats gonna be LA's downfall. Its like focusing on Kobe more then focusing on winning.  They traded away Shaq, got ridda Phil....thats why i say they seriously shoulda just traded Kobe away as well. They coulda put together a completely new team, and a talented one for SURE if they woulda shopped Kobe also. I dont know if Buss listens to the fans too much or what. But i dont see them winning a championship for a long, long time.

acbaylove

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2005, 09:38:21 AM »
1) Shaq menaced to retire if Lakers didnt trade him. He officially demanded for a trade.
2) Kobe was a free agent. Kobe opted out his contract to get the max money possible, so a sign-and-trade deal wasnt the thing Kobe wanted/could have accepted.
3) Phil was a free agent and he asked about the double of the money ever received by a single NBA coach to coach a team.

Get your facts str8, please.

I understand Buss' move. He just did a mistake with Phil, probably.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2005, 12:45:50 PM »

Buss has already stated that Kobe wouldn't be a part of the decision making process...Go figure.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2005, 12:51:15 PM »

I understand, Buss likes Kobe cus he puts fans in the seats. But also, thats gonna be LA's downfall. Its like focusing on Kobe more then focusing on winning.  They traded away Shaq, got ridda Phil....thats why i say they seriously shoulda just traded Kobe away as well. They coulda put together a completely new team, and a talented one for SURE if they woulda shopped Kobe also. I dont know if Buss listens to the fans too much or what. But i dont see them winning a championship for a long, long time.

What you fail to realize is that they got rid of Shaq because he wanted way more than he was worth...Same with Phil...Now Buss is rethinking it, and based on the coaching problem this season, he realized that he made a mistake by not giving Phil the extension...Shaq, however, is another story...The organization stands behind it being a positive move, and by the way Shaq is playing, everyone else should as well...Kobe had nothing to do with Phil Jackson and Shaq wanting an excessive amount of money. Why trade away the best player in the league while he possibly hasn't even reached his prime, when you can sign him for 7 more years? Now THAT would be a dumb move...PeACe

shamihundal

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2005, 01:00:10 PM »