Poll

Who's the better perimeter player?

FLASH
13 (44.8%)
KOBE
16 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Wade vs Kobe  (Read 2071 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Wade vs Kobe
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2005, 06:30:59 AM »
Oh shet, Wade's younger than me. Dude plays nice when he's on fire.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2005, 06:54:29 AM »
Wade is from '82. Kobe is from '78. It's not that much difference, man.. In 2 years Kobe will be 29. He can play good basketball till he'll be 32-33, so it's about 5-6 other years.. it's enought time to build a new team around him. Obviously Wade is younger, but in 2 years Miami will have to rebuild a new team around him, cause Shaq will be 35.

you can't just compare by when dudes are born. you have to take into account that Kobe had much more time in the NBA and therefore has a load of more experience. Wade will improve drastically while I dont think that Kobe will ever become more impressive than he already was (with shaq).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 06:58:49 AM by 7even the Annoyed One »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2005, 07:39:34 AM »
If in 2 years Lakers will be contenders, then hell yeah, to get ridd of Shaq's contract was a smart move. But it's just to stupid to judge on the move without judging on a project.

IF...

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2005, 07:42:05 AM »
Who denied what? ::)

so getting rid of Shaq was a good move then? lol

Meanwhile, Kobe will be on top of things, and I'm willing to bet you on that...

lol u should be in charge of all the lakers player moves with blind gambling like that...

acbaylove

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2005, 08:59:05 AM »
Wade is from '82. Kobe is from '78. It's not that much difference, man.. In 2 years Kobe will be 29. He can play good basketball till he'll be 32-33, so it's about 5-6 other years.. it's enought time to build a new team around him. Obviously Wade is younger, but in 2 years Miami will have to rebuild a new team around him, cause Shaq will be 35.

you can't just compare by when dudes are born. you have to take into account that Kobe had much more time in the NBA and therefore has a load of more experience. Wade will improve drastically while I dont think that Kobe will ever become more impressive than he already was (with shaq).

Man Kobe started his NBA career being 4 years younger than Wade when he debupted. This makes him a better player, not a worse. How the fuck can you consider it a negative thing? Kobe was wearing a pair of rings when at the age Wade was a rookie. This aint a negative thing. If Wade can improve, so can Kobe. Everybody can, even at 35 years old. Michael Jordan totally improved/changed his gameplay in his last years, becaming a consistent shooter and a better overall player than he was when he was 24-25.. Dont say shit you cant prove. You cant prove Wade will improve, and more than that you cant prove Kobe will not. Not that's a biased opinion if one exists.

acbaylove

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2005, 09:00:25 AM »
If in 2 years Lakers will be contenders, then hell yeah, to get ridd of Shaq's contract was a smart move. But it's just to stupid to judge on the move without judging on a project.

IF...

That's why i'm waiting to judge on this move.
Like i said, the day the Lakers traded Payton & Fox for Mihm, Atkins and J.Jones, everybody dissed Buss and the Lakers.
Now it's clear Lakers won the trade, easly.
You gotta wait to judge.
Man back in the days the Divac - Kobe Bryant trade looked like one of the dumber ever!!
So..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2005, 12:39:53 PM »
To the mature young man who came up with 'D. Wack', you sir are my new hero.
Kobe is a better player at this point, but in a season or 2 Wade will be right there with Amare, Lebron, Parker, Ginobili as the superstars of the NBA. To those who said Wade was average before he got with Shaq, did you forget Wade last season, killing it in the playoffs etc as a rookie. Or is it because his name wasnt LBJ or Carmelo?
Wade has true superstar potential, and with the big fella alongside of him he has the opportunity to succeed early in his career. Kobe (innocent or not) will forever be guilty by association. That colorado shit ruined him. Brought down his image 10000%. Probably 50% of the NBA cheat on their wives, Kobe got unlucky it would seem. I dont think his image will ever recover from that, which is a shame. If Wade can keep his slate clean, he could out-do LeBron James. Wade has killer instinct, LeBron hasnt really shown that yet.
Anyways, Kobe vs. Wade is a good discussion, and both players are insane  8)

Kobe>>>Wade>LeBron
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 12:44:08 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2005, 12:43:57 PM »
Who denied what? ::)

so getting rid of Shaq was a good move then? lol

Meanwhile, Kobe will be on top of things, and I'm willing to bet you on that...

lol u should be in charge of all the lakers player moves with blind gambling like that...

Blind gambling? What's one word to describe the Heat if they don't win the championship this season? You guesses it...DECLINE. And the Lakers? They're easily on an uprise...Think about it, it's not that hard.

shamihundal

• 'G'
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2005, 12:57:57 PM »

IF...

Very big IF. Kobe is good but he needs a right hand man just like Jordan needed Pippen

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2005, 01:35:56 PM »
Kobe is a better player at this point, but in a season or 2 Wade will be right there with Amare, Lebron, Parker, Ginobili as the superstars of the NBA. To those who said Wade was average before he got with Shaq, did you forget Wade last season, killing it in the playoffs etc as a rookie. Or is it because his name wasnt LBJ or Carmelo?
Wade has true superstar potential, and with the big fella alongside of him he has the opportunity to succeed early in his career. Kobe (innocent or not) will forever be guilty by association. That colorado shit ruined him. Brought down his image 10000%. Probably 50% of the NBA cheat on their wives, Kobe got unlucky it would seem. I dont think his image will ever recover from that, which is a shame. If Wade can keep his slate clean, he could out-do LeBron James. Wade has killer instinct, LeBron hasnt really shown that yet.

Kobe>>>Wade>LeBron

Caamon man...please.

As Players right now...

Kobe>Lebron>>Wade>>>>>Carmelo

If you check the stats for this year
Lebron James> Kobe>Wade

Lebron is a waaaay better player than Wade...Wade should've (he did, but not as good as Kobe with Shaq) had some amazing numbers this year with shaq....Lebron is the real deal...NUMBERS DON'T LIE 8)

Garnett, Duncun, James and Bryant are the top 4 players in the NBA right now
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2005, 03:19:49 PM »

Kobe>>>Wade>LeBron

Caamon man...please.

As Players right now...

Lebron James> Kobe>Wade

Lebron is a waaaay better player than Wade...Wade should've (he did, but not as good as Kobe with Shaq) had some amazing numbers this year with shaq....Lebron is the real deal...NUMBERS DON'T LIE 8)

I just like Wade's style of play more and his attitude shows a lot...He's proven he can step up, LeBron hasn't...LeBron is definitely more talented, but I believe Wade is the better player and I'd build my team around him over LeBron...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2005, 06:25:24 PM »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2005, 07:44:46 PM »

Kobe>>>Wade>LeBron

Caamon man...please.

As Players right now...

Lebron James> Kobe>Wade

I just like Wade's style of play more and his attitude shows a lot...He's proven he can step up, LeBron hasn't...LeBron is definitely more talented, but I believe Wade is the better player and I'd build my team around him over LeBron...PeACe

Yea I see what you're saying...but I got my hopes on Lebron getting to the playoffs next year and wreckin Miami  8)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2005, 09:12:38 PM »
I this Wade is gonna be a Bum soon and by that i mean not gonna be getting any attention hes gonna get paid less and yah

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2005, 12:55:03 AM »
eS El Duque... numbers are not everything... if they were KG would be MVP again. Wade should've had some major numbers this year? lol what NBA were u watching this year?! Wade shouldve done more with shaq? He is in his second season, give him a go ffs...