Author Topic: Former East 17 star Brian Harvey "crushed under his own car"  (Read 222 times)

mauzip

Tuesday May 31, 09:14 PM

Brian Harvey "crushed under his own car"

Brian Harvey

Former East 17 star Brian Harvey is critically ill in hospital after being run over by his own car, police have said.

The 30-year-old was crushed when he fell from his Mercedes convertible outside his home in Walthamstow, east London.

A police spokesman said: "A man, in his early 30s, was taken by the ambulance service to an east London hospital suffering from multiple injuries.

"His condition is still described as critical.

"The man was alone in the car at the time. No other drivers were involved."

Police are investigating the exact cause of the incident which follows two alleged suicide attempts by the I'm a Celebrity star.

The singer, who has been diagnosed with clinical depression, was recently taken to hospital after his second reported overdose of sleeping tablets.

Harvey first rose to fame as a member of 90s band East 17, but was later kicked out of the band after he admitted taking drugs.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050531/356/fk66m.html

dude can't do anything right... 3 suicide attempts and he's still alive... WTF!!

Don Seer

Re: Former East 17 star Brian Harvey "crushed under his own car"
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 12:18:12 AM »
hmm 3rd suicide attempt in 2 months?

he's a decent bloke.. plus he's shagging emma b..

Matrix Heart

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 12:39:35 AM »
She's a bloater  ;D

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 07:36:29 AM »
He clearly is just looking for attention. Anyone that tries killing themselves 3 times and fails at every attempt is looking for help. Apparently he's depressed because his elderly Nan died. That's a pretty stupid thing to make you want to kill yourself.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:41:06 AM »
I thought the newspapers yesterday said he died from being crushed by that car? Then again... It was Telegraaf who said that, that newspaper really ain't shit.

bez

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 08:48:20 AM »
This is the guy that claimed taking drugs was cool and he didnt see anything wrong with it.

Dumbass. 

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 01:20:08 PM »

i heard that they supposedly had a fall-out b4 he ran his ass over, probably the reason for the 3rd suicide attempt...

p.s. :banana_hitit:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 01:54:04 PM by Woozie »

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 04:00:53 PM »
What the fuck?    I don´t wish anything bad to anyone.. but god did I hate that group.... then again I hated and still hate every boygroup... anyone remember one of their videos where they were all dressed up like MC Hammer? lol

Anyhow... I think he "kept it real"...  ->  "outside his home in Walthamstow, east London"    Walthamstow... that´s the place where the are all from right?   ... and also the title of their debut album?   .....  poor guy though when he really is that suicidal...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 02:10:21 AM »
So is he dead?

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 02:30:42 AM »
no he aint dead.. more info below..

What the fuck?    I don´t wish anything bad to anyone.. but god did I hate that group.... then again I hated and still hate every boygroup... anyone remember one of their videos where they were all dressed up like MC Hammer? lol

Anyhow... I think he "kept it real"...  ->  "outside his home in Walthamstow, east London"    Walthamstow... that´s the place where the are all from right?   ... and also the title of their debut album?   .....  poor guy though when he really is that suicidal...

yeah he never left the hood.. lol

this just in..  from http://www.nme.com/news/112537.htm

"The bizarre incident that led to EAST 17 singer BRIAN HARVEY being hospitalised in LONDON was a “freak accident”, his manager has said, not a suicide attempt."

He said: "It looks as if Brian was reversing down the road with his door open, looking out to see where he was going, and the door hit a parked car which sent his car out of control…somehow he was thrown from the vehicle and crushed.”

The manager revealed that Harvey’s injuries include a broken leg and six breaks to the pelvis.

He added: “His abdominal area was pushed very high into his chest, they had to drain his lungs yesterday and there was also damage to his ribs… people have speculated it might be a suicide attempt but I don't think you could plan this if you tried. There are easier ways to kill yourself. It was just a freak accident and a piece of seriously bad luck."

A Scotland Yard spokesperson said that police were called to the scene by the London Ambulance Service at 1.53am on Tuesday (May 31). There were no other passengers in Harvey’s vehicle, which ended up in a collision with another car.

The spokesman said: “The circumstances of the collision are being investigated but at this early stage we believe the man may have fallen from the driver's side of the Mercedes convertible while reversing from an access road into the street.”

He added: “He was alone in the car at the time and no other driver was involved."

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 11:49:04 AM »
Very sad to hear. I kinda like this guy. His solo album was nice in its category, had some nice songs.