Author Topic: More Wal-Mart related news...  (Read 95 times)

Matrix Heart

More Wal-Mart related news...
« on: June 06, 2005, 08:17:17 AM »
'Hero' Wal-Mart Greeter To Return To Work
Elderly Man Hurt Trying To Stop Shoplifter

UPDATED: 9:25 p.m. EDT June 5, 2005

MARIETTA -- An elderly Wal-Mart greeter who was seriously injured trying to stop a shoplifter is determined to return to work, his family said Sunday.

Lucief Zylanz, 72, was recovering at Atlanta Medical Center from broken facial bones, fractured ribs and a punctured lung.

"You know it's time to probably retire," Zylanz' daughter, Cecilia Branch, said. "But he wants to go to that Wal-Mart. He has to go to work."

Marietta police said Bradley Chapman, 32, stole $40 worth of CD's from the Wal-Mart in Marietta Saturday and ran over Zylanz in the parking lot when the greeter tried to yank him from his car.

He sped off with his wife and 10-year-old son, leading police on a chase into northwest Atlanta at speeds up to 100 mph before crashing his car into a vacant house, police said. His bond was set at $28,000.

Zylanz' daughter said she feels sorry for Chapman.

"All for a little bit of money," she said.

Zylanz had recently returned to work after suffering a heart attack in February, his family said.

Branch called her father a hero.

"It doesn't matter what happened, or who it happened to, he's going to help out," she said.

Chapman's wife, Natalie Chapman, 31, was arrested for an outstanding warrant. Their son was placed in state custody.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/4569835/detail.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 08:19:36 AM by K A I N »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: More Wal-Mart related news...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 08:48:14 AM »
Their son should never be in contact with those two scumbags again.

Acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 12:46:40 PM »
wow, the mother and father should be killed for reproducing.  all that for a few cd's?  music fuckin sucks nowadays too, so why the fuck would he do something so dumb.  he musta really wanted to get crunk.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 05:30:08 PM »
how come i havent heard of this. i need to stop watching the daily show