Author Topic: Wutang News - Dr. Dre has produced 2 songs for 'Cuban Linx 2'  (Read 435 times)

Seru

here is some news both Wuheads and Dr. Dre fans will like to hear:

http://www.wutangcorp.com/special/getspecial/special/22/

We have exclusive updates on Ghostface, Raekwon, GZA/Genius, The RZA & Method Man.

First of all, the long awaited and most anticipated 5th Ghostface album is finally taking form. So far 18 songs have been recorded. Producers include MF Doom, Louis Parker, Wisemen, Pete Rock and Nottz. The RZA is also scheduled to contribute beats to the album at a later stage. The album will include a song featuring the entire Wu-Tang Clan including vocals by the late Ol' Dirty Bastard [RIP], as well as a song featuring Ghostface's son by the name of Sun God. Ghost says he's happy at Def Jam and has described his relationship with Jay-Z (current President of the Island Def Jam Group] as a very inspiring and supportive one. The album is tentavily scheduled for a release in September, but most likely to change. Ghostface will also release a volume 2 to his '718' compilation on Koch Records later this year.

Raekwon's ten year anniversary sequel to the classic 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx' is also in the making. Recently a song called 'Baggage Handlers' featuring Busta Rhymes leaked out to the net and was rumored to be produced by The RZA, a claim The RZA and Raekwon both denied. Not much is released about possible featurings and production, but it is confirmed that Dr. Dre has produced 2 songs for 'Cuban Linx 2' and The RZA is also scheduled to contribute heavily to the album. Raekwon has also recorded songs for the following albums by Jagged Edge, Lil' John and 8Ball & MGM.

GZA/Genius confirmed he finished his vocal parts for the tentavily untitled album he recorded with DJ Muggs of Cypress Hill. The album, which has not been given a title nor release date, will feature about 12 to 13 songs. GZA/Genius also has a mixtape being released on Babygrande in October which will feature much 'family' as he described it, as well as a minimum of four new solo songs. The 'Wu-Tang Revealed' DVD is currently on hold due to time restrictions and a longstanding editing process. New footage will be added to the final edit. No word on its release date.

Finally, The RZA who has confirmed forming Wu-Tang Latino, has been working immensly on the fourth Method Man album. Not much is known about the album except that both RZA and Meth are working hard and are being extremely picky on quality. RZA has also recently done an interview with Scratch Magazine tentavily for an August issue of the popular producer/DJ Magazine.

More exclusive updates next week on Inspectah Deck, U-God, Ol' Dirty Bastard [RIP] and Masta Killa.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Wutang News - Dr. Dre has produced 2 songs for 'Cuban Linx 2'
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 09:48:03 PM »
Props for the info  8)

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 10:20:51 PM »
Wu-Tang Latino WTF?????????????

-KIDRENEGADE-

Seru

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 11:37:16 PM »
Wu-Tang Latino WTF?????????????

ya i have know clue, first time i ever heard about that...

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 11:40:32 PM »
dubcnn did an update on Wu Latino on June 9th if you wanna peep -

http://www.dubcnn.com/index.shtml#newsitem1118367553,20308,

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 02:55:28 AM »
Great fuckin news ;D

ABN

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 03:26:21 AM »
lookin forward to hearin these joints 8)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 04:03:42 AM »
Dope news all round, and I can't wait for that RZA interview in Scratch magazine, always wanted to know exactly what he was working with production wise.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 06:31:15 AM »

Seru

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 09:32:12 AM »
dubcnn did an update on Wu Latino on June 9th if you wanna peep -

http://www.dubcnn.com/index.shtml#newsitem1118367553,20308,

damn it sounds like its gonna be reggeaton shit...i hope that it doesnt sound too much like it. i thought it was gonna be some actual spanish rap.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 09:39:56 AM »
i can't wait for some new meth, i wish him and redman would do another album together, the first is stellar, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 09:50:34 AM »
I am interested in hearing how gza's new album will sound with dj muggs as producer. Lookin forward to raekwon and ghostface droppin as well.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 06:49:53 PM »
Raekwon rappin' on two Dr. Dre's beats? Top notch!!!  8)

Okka

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 01:53:55 AM »
Great fuckin news ;D

Yeah, but old too, aftermathmusic.com posted that shit along time ago (Dre producin for Raekwon)

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 04:19:57 AM »

Yeah, but old too, aftermathmusic.com posted that shit along time ago (Dre producin for Raekwon)

Yeah, that was last year I think.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.