Author Topic: New MJ Cd  (Read 216 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: New MJ Cd
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 05:33:09 PM »
the last thing i think michael needs to do is hook up with "who's hot now" or who WAS hot. MJ just needs time to record songs he feels are good, not make music for other people and make music for himself. If he has to work with anyone, it should be artists he likes or wants to work with , and maybe pull out an album like Carlos Santana with "Supernatural".

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 07:11:18 PM »
Quincy Jones is one of my picks for sure to be a producer on MJ's new album, IF he does release a new joint. The Neptunes and Scott Storch would do some crazy shit with him, as well. Kanye would lace something dope too.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 09:45:44 PM »
^ aint they fallen out or something?

Dr Dre refused to work with him before..

Nah, Quincy and Michael are still good friends.  Quincy wants to work with him, but Michael's not down with it for whatever reason.  Never understood why, they still talk and go places and shit, I've heard them both say it, and on Oprah a few years back Michael called Quincy or something live on the show to tell him how great he was. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 09:48:12 PM »
i feel u!
but...did u know, that naptunes did 5 tracks for him...Michael said they were cool,but they don't have that hook! Pharell was really happy coz michael said they were cool,but michael didn't want them...So then pharell gave the songs to usher and justin timberlake...the songs are :like i love u (jt) and u dont have to call and other 3...
People calling MJ all the time...giving songs to him...sending demos...but he don't want them...he is a real perfectionist u know...He only took the songs from r kelly!
But i still think this time he should do somethin with Neptunes....And R kelly again....
But i think Rodney jerkins did a good job on invincible!!

Yeah, unbelievably, Michael turned down "Rock Your Body", so the neptunes gave it to Justin Timberlake.  That's why Justin sings it just like Michael Jackson, the Neptunes wrote it for Michael... You've got the little beatbox breakdown, all the falsetto 'off the wall' era Michael Jackson stuff in the hook, all the classic M.J. touches on it, huge hit.