Author Topic: Late Goal Blitz Gives Germans Win  (Read 133 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Late Goal Blitz Gives Germans Win
« on: June 19, 2005, 05:19:05 AM »

Three goals in the last 16 minutes gave Germany a win over Tunisia in Köln on Saturday evening and a place in the Confederations' Cup semi-finals.

An entertaining encounter at the Rhein-Energie-Stadion remained goalless entering the last quarter after both sides had missed presentable chances to take control of a game played in baking sunshine. Indeed, it was the African champions who came closest to scoring in a first half that saw Jens Lehmann make a bizarre goalline clearance from an inswinging corner.  Arne Friedrich and Gerald Asamoah both missed glorious chances for the hosts as Germany found the going tough before the break.

Lehmann had to be alert in keeping the scoreline blank at the start of the second-half as the fast counter-attacking Tunisians threatened an upset. However, with time running out, Michael Ballack was upended in the penalty area and proceeded to pick himself up beofre dispatching a powerful spot-kick past impressive Tunisian goalkeeper Boumnijel. Lukas Podolski and Bastian Schweinsteiger combined for a brilliant second, with the Köln striker playing a beautiful through-ball for the Bayern midfielder to gracefully take past the sprawling custodian and slip into the net from a narrow angle. Substitute Mike Hanke added a third, heading at the goalkeeper before profiting on the rebound.

Germany now meet Argentina in midweek secure in the knowledge that a semi-final spot is now secure.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Late Goal Blitz Gives Germans Win
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 05:23:06 AM »
We struggle against teams like those.. if there arent any major moves made, this is gonna be an embarrassment in the World Cup at home,  >:( :(.
Our "coach" is a joke. I wonder what the fuck they were thinkin, he was a player a couple years ago and never coached a team before - and he got that "I do everything differently now"-attitude, that usually ruines everything. Fuck.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Late Goal Blitz Gives Germans Win
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 05:43:36 AM »
We struggle against teams like those.. if there arent any major moves made, this is gonna be an embarrassment in the World Cup at home, >:( :(.
Our "coach" is a joke. I wonder what the fuck they were thinkin, he was a player a couple years ago and never coached a team before - and he got that "I do everything differently now"-attitude, that usually ruines everything. Fuck.

Yeah Klinsmann does everything different, the fact that he still lives in the US and travels between Germany & USA twice a month and arrives in Germany about a week before a game means that he has to rely an awful lot on his coaches.  He says that he keeps in touch via games on TV, but when your at a game you see things different that TV, imo not a great way to watch your players.

He seems imo to be making a bit of a deal of his coaching licence by having a different title than Voller or Beckenbaur had and says that this is because he has the licence that they didn't have, imo he seems to be saying that he's better than them or gonna be better than them, but he'll have a long way to go than to be better than 'The Kaiser'