Author Topic: Mannie Fresh Says He's Down With Cash Money, Starts New Production Company  (Read 148 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
In the past, Cash Money has been rocked by the departures of rappers like Juvenile, but producer Mannie Fresh isn’t one of them, contrary to rampant rumors.

“I just wanted to clear up these falsehoods that I have left my home of Cash Money Records, and that's all it is, false,” Mannie said in a statement sent to AllHipHop.com from his reps. “I have not left Cash Money Records.”

In the 90’s, Mannie was the sonic base for the multi-platinum sounds that made Cash Money Records the recording monolith it has become.

He explained that his relationship with the company transcended business and explained that he had other issues with the promotion of his debut, The Mind of Mannie.

“Baby and Slim [CEO’s of Cash Money] are my brothers. We are not blood, but those two made me famous, and very, very wealthy. You've seen artists leave this label because they were not true to their word, and they got greedy. I have always, received 100% of what was mine. I have no bad feelings towards Cash Money.”

Perhaps the rumors started with the start of his new company, Chubby Boy Productions, a production company with Baby.

“This company will cater to up-and-coming artists who want to use my services but at a lesser fee. This is not a record label but merely similar to a production company I owned in the mid-90's called Yellow Tape Music, fees will range anywhere between $5,000 and $35,000 dollars per track, $5,000 for leasing and $35,000 for exclusive rights.”

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4524

Westside Soldier

good to see he still with them.propz  8)

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mannie produces some tight shit.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"