Author Topic: Your thought on The Beastie Boys  (Read 273 times)

ABN

Re: Your thought on The Beastie Boys
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 11:35:17 AM »
i just donīt like them very much. i liked Rickīs beats on their earlier albums but other then that i canīt say that iīve enjoyed any of their work. Mike is a dope fuckin dj though i canīt take that away from him. iīve always heard their music at home since i was a little kid but i donīt see what the fuzz is all about. they sound like a gang of bitches with their screams/voices/flows and iīm never gonna be able to enjoy their music.

ecrazy

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 01:51:42 AM »
Beastie Boys Are Legends - Havent they sold most all time in hip hop?? (i remember seeing that on MTV somewhere, out of people that are still alive)...anyways, Mixmasta Mike is the most slept on DJ in the world...he aint the best, but he's top 5 fo sho...

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 05:42:03 AM »
Paul Revere makes them better than most acts out today, imo.  They've had tons of great songs, and have been around for decades. 

TfW

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »
Never really been a big fan of them.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 02:27:24 PM »
^ yeah its true.. i really cant stand the early beasties stuff.. they have changed styles quite a bit over the years

pauls boutique is the 'other' album that is touted as the pinnacle of rap sampling.. the other of course is dre's first chronic.. i've seen many times that people wanting to learn to produce should listen to both intently.

Would probably disagree on the Chronic for a showcase of pure sampling, Pauls Boutique & De La Soul's "3 Feet High and Rising" are the two that define creative sampling for me.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 06:44:56 PM »
They got some dope tracks but i never really got into them

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 09:08:46 PM »
Yeah, I too wouldn't point at the Chronic as a blueprint for Sampling.  Dre samples different, he would just gank a whole beat and go like that, whereas even stuff like Ice Cube's Amerikkkas Most Wanted was much more creative in a sampling sense.  The east coast stuff was just totally different, Dre's isn't 'traditional' sampling. 

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 02:17:35 AM »
i listened to To The 5 Buroughs""Earlier today I love the Beasties,

-KIDRENEGADE-