Author Topic: Inter finally conclude Veron deal  (Read 189 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Inter finally conclude Veron deal
« on: June 24, 2005, 09:50:33 AM »

Inter Milan have signed Argentine midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron from Chelsea on a permanent deal.

Veron, 30, spent last season on loan at Inter and has now signed a two-year deal with the Italian club - although the fee has not been made public.

"We are very satisfied with how the negotiations concluded," said Inter technical director Marco Branca.

"Keeping Veron at Inter was the objective of the club, coach Roberto Mancini and the player himself."

Branca added: "He had for some time expressed his wish to continue with us."

Veron, who was under contract until 2007, cost the Blues £15m when he joined from Manchester United in 2003 but has played only 15 games for the club.

He made 24 Serie A appearances for Inter last season and also played in 10 Champions League games for the Italian club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4087594.stm

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
Re: Inter finally conclude Veron deal
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 10:08:57 AM »
I have kind of mixed feelings about Veron....sometimes i think that he's an amazing player and sometimes I think that he sucks and he is overrated...Inter is a good choice because he's gonna have a big role there....

acbaylove

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 01:08:51 PM »
Congratulations to Inter.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 03:19:02 PM »
I thought he said he was just gonna have one more season in Italy and then return to Argentina, yet hes signed a two year deal?

acbaylove

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 03:54:53 PM »
I thought he said he was just gonna have one more season in Italy and then return to Argentina, yet hes signed a two year deal?

C'mon man, Inter GM is pretty well known here in Italy for being stupid, but do you think he's stupid enought to buy a player from Chelsea and to sign him for 1 year only loosing him for free after 12 months?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 04:32:11 AM »

C'mon man, Inter GM is pretty well known here in Italy for being stupid, but do you think he's stupid enought to buy a player from Chelsea and to sign him for 1 year only loosing him for free after 12 months?

According to reports over here, Chelsea have let him go for free to Inter, as his contract at Chelsea would end at the end of the current season anyway. Therefore, Inter wouldn't have been losing anything, and Veron did seem pretty adamant that he was going to return to Argentina after next season. Seems he may have changed his mind though.

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 04:39:49 AM »
Stam said the same exact thing, before signing a 2 years contract with AC Milan. I think he just said that to force Chelsea giving him for free to Inter. He'll probably stay 2 years in Milan and then he'll probably back to Argentina.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 11:50:13 AM »
I have kind of mixed feelings about Veron....sometimes i think that he's an amazing player and sometimes I think that he sucks and he is overrated...Inter is a good choice because he's gonna have a big role there....

Im a Man Utd fan and i personally believe that Veron is the best passer of the ball i have ever seen. He has amazing vision and technique, he didnt suit the premiership though because he is not the best tackler and was not given time on the ball. i still class his years at united as a success as he was part of the squad the last time we won the league. I wish we had not sold him to Chelsea as injuries ruined his time there and Mourinho was not willing to give him a chance.

How did he do at Inter last year ?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 01:02:43 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 03:22:33 PM »
How did he do at Inter last year ?

He was often injured, but he performed well.

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 09:31:29 AM »
Better than he did for Chelsea thats 4 sure :P

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 11:05:05 AM »
Veron never had a good time at Man Utd, seemed that him & Keane couldn't play in the same team, at chelsea injury hampered him quite a bit,  but it also seemed that he couldn't settle in the Premiership, imo his best performances were in Europe

Great passer of the ball with great vision & is suited to Seria A