Author Topic: Got a new internship with DJ Hideo (The Beat, CaliUntouchable, XM satellite)  (Read 307 times)

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
man thats some great news rite there, congrats justin, good luck and have fun

Diabolical

Id love to help out or something the Greenhouse, eh Crafty ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 02:10:43 PM by Cop Killla »

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Good shit Justin... when u get time in ur busy schedule drop back here and let us know whats crackin with it all

:)

mauzip

christina aguilera

NUDITY VIDEO INTERVIEW!! :banana:

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
^^^^LMAO!

Id love to help out or something the Greenhouse, eh Crafty ;)

Haha...yeah, that would be the perfect job huh? 8)

Suga Foot

props justin!

SGV

Get me an Application!

Acgrundy

thats pretty dope, how much do they pay u?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
how much did you pay them?

jk homie
congrats, hope everything goes well.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

We Fly High

thats pretty dope, how much do they pay u?

well, this is going to be an unpaid student internship, so im going to have to work a little without being paid. but after three months or so, I should get a pretty damn good position if they like what I am doing in those 3 months.
some companies offer paid internships, but i think most offer unpaid, and most student internships are unpaid anyways. internships are basically a way for the company to see if they want to hire you, if you yourself like the job, and also just to get good experience in general. and being a student, makes it a lot easier to get an internship at a company. if you are already graduated, it becomes harder to get an internship and you basically just have to go through a normal application process which is a lot harder.

Acgrundy

well most internships pay, I had a paid internship and most I looked into were paying internships.  I personally would never work for free.  the music biz is a lot different than most industries, and I guess you do what u gotta do to get in it and advance yourself.  good luck.

We Fly High

well, yeah there are a lot of internships that do pay, but in the areas of media, like television, radio and etc, the amount of paid internships is very limited. yeah i really dont want to be working for free, but i just think of it as a sacrifice that i must make in order to get experience that i dont already have. in media and entertainment too, with so many people competing for jobs, you gotta show that you are down to put in work. its basically just like a training session, i rather go into a real job fully trained and prepared with all the foundation and knowledge down, instead of just going into a job expecting to learn as it goes.

anyways where did you intern at ac?

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Good work Justin, that's sounds real cool and I hope everything works out well for you. Hopefully, if you enjoy what you're doing it shouldn't seem TOO much like work! It certainly sound like you know what you're doing anyway.

I understand what you're saying completely when you mentioned that you had to e-mail Hideo frequently. I've made a lot of (what I consider to be) 'breakthroughs' that way. I want to get into journalism now that I've completed school, and I've read a lot of interviews with various hip-hop/music scribes for the likes of ''XXL'', ''Vibe'', etc. Anyway, nearly all of them have mentioned that when you find a contact, you've got to be PERSISTENT with them in order to make any progress. That's how I ended up writing for ''AllHipHop'' and getting replies/feedback from some of these magazine editors...just by constantly hitting them with messages, examples of my work, etc.

I think its great that you're going for an internship - as somebody else has already mentioned, just look how Puffy and Jimmy Iovine started out. I would love to get an internship with one of these rap magazines. I'm in contact with a couple, so who knows? The aim is one day to run my own West Coast based rap and hip-hop magazine. I'm going to start it out as a newsletter and distribute that...after all, that's how ''The Source'' began, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully, you are getting compensated for your efforts soon. I've taken a year out so I can focus on earning some money before I head over to America next year when I aim to meet some of the people I've been fortunate enough to communicate with - just need to get my cash up first!

All the best for the future man. As someone who has a similar interest in making it in the music biz in some form, I'm really interested in your progress. Keep us updated.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Diabolical

Im gonna have to start getting in touch with people about stuff like this.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Im gonna have to start getting in touch with people about stuff like this.

Cop Killa, what is it you want to do? Beats? Or is it more similar to Justin in A&R, label management, etc?

I'm far from an expert, but I have learned that you've just got to keep hitting these people up, showing that you're enthusiastic and have something to offer. Sooner or later, someone will get to you. I've had the briefest of responses in the past, but the fact that I've got that response inspires me to keep pushing away at it. I know that as my experience continues to build (just got a new ''AHH'' review up the other day) someone will eventually take action.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One