Author Topic: Got a new internship with DJ Hideo (The Beat, CaliUntouchable, XM satellite)  (Read 308 times)

Diabolical

Something to do with engineering behind the boards then hopefully progress to producing, not making beats full production stuff and mixing.

We Fly High

dpg2k - wait where are you living at right now? thats dope to hear about your plans. are you out of college already? yeah its pretty much all about persistence and the right contacts. if you only hit up someone once or twice, they aint going to remember you. you gotta constantly be hittin them up so that they remember you and they know that you're really anxious to work. and if you got the right contacts, it can take you just about anywhere.
 if you start working at a publication we're going to have to hook up on some shit, get some green together.

cop killa - i'm not sure how the grind for the engineering goes..  cos rapping and like making beats are kinda the same hustle.. but engineering is kinda different, so i am not too sure to go about that..

Acgrundy

well, yeah there are a lot of internships that do pay, but in the areas of media, like television, radio and etc, the amount of paid internships is very limited. yeah i really dont want to be working for free, but i just think of it as a sacrifice that i must make in order to get experience that i dont already have. in media and entertainment too, with so many people competing for jobs, you gotta show that you are down to put in work. its basically just like a training session, i rather go into a real job fully trained and prepared with all the foundation and knowledge down, instead of just going into a job expecting to learn as it goes.

anyways where did you intern at ac?

well yah, pay comes in different forms.  knowledge can be worth more than money.  afterall the game is to be sold and not to be told, right?  I take that back about never working for free.  if I had pretty good confidence that I would gain the knowledge/skills/contacts from the job that could do me better than a paycheck, then I would work for free.  You just gotta be careful, cuz there is a lot of schemes and scandals out there today.  people getting others to work for free, in promise of big things to come in the future.  but hey, in order to get the big rewards, you gotta take the big risks.  I've made tons of mistakes in my life, and one thing I have learned for sure, no matter how bad of a mistake I made, I at least got a great learning experience out of it, and I gotta say its very hard to put a monetary price on a lot of experiences.  hopefully soon you can get that real westcoast shit back on the air!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thats dope news Justin.  Good luck to you 8)

DLC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Yo man I 'm happy for you. That's some hard work and dedication to get you where you're at and you're really just starting off. Yo man, don't stop till your on top, and when you get there keep going higher. Best of luck.

San Fernando Valley's "FLOJOS" Southern California - Toyota 4x4 & Mini Truck Club