Author Topic: Inter To Complete Samuel And Solari Deal Next Week  (Read 530 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Inter To Complete Samuel And Solari Deal Next Week
« on: June 25, 2005, 03:30:52 PM »

Internazionale are expected to complete the signing of Real Madrid duo Walter Samuel and Santi Solari next week according to consultant, Ernesto Bronzetti.

The Spaniards are looking to rebuild their squad under Arrigo Sacchi and have allowed the Argentinians to move to Italy to create space in the squad for new targets.

Samuel has endured a tough season at the Bernabéu and was even booed by Madrid fans in his opening few games for the club and has since made it clear that he would welcome a return to Serie A.

Meanwhile, Solari was set to move to Inter as part of the deal that saw Ronaldo move to Madrid in 2002, but refused to go and decided to fight for a first-team place at the Merengues.

“The deal to bring Samuel and Solari to Inter should be completed on Monday or Tuesday. We are waiting for the Confederations Cup to end, as Samuel is a consummate professional and wants to concentrate on Argentina’s campaign," said Bronzetti, who works as a representative for Madrid.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=69591&progr=3
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 03:32:51 PM by Woozie »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Inter To Complete Samuel And Solari Deal Next Week
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 04:21:37 PM »
good deal for inter.altough samuel isnt that good anymore but sloari is a great player.he saved reals ass couple fo times.and this is the thanks he gets

acbaylove

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 04:20:07 AM »
Samuel is extremely overrated, but Solari is a good signing. Do Inter still have Cordoba & Mijhalovich? If so, I can see a lot of sending offs in their defence next season. They might as well try and get Montero, just a complete the back four.

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 04:54:41 AM »
Samuel is extremely overrated, but Solari is a good signing. Do Inter still have Cordoba & Mijhalovich? If so, I can see a lot of sending offs in their defence next season. They might as well try and get Montero, just a complete the back four.

lol, true  :)

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 05:14:07 AM »
Samuel is extremely overrated, but Solari is a good signing.

Let me share my opinion with you: i think Samuel is extremely underrated, not overrated. Here in Italy he was considered the best defender in the world with Nesta, before he moved to Spain. And you know Italy is the place to be if you want to talk about defence, lol. He performed extremely well in Roma, with Capello. Juve tried to sign him a couple of times, and Inter too. But 25m € was just too much for them, so Real signed him. In Madrid, i've heard he failed. But pleasebelieveit, it was not a shock for us italians. Because in Roma he played with Capello as a coach, with a great defence, with at least 2 midfielders who defends too (De Rossi, Dacourt, Emerson, etc..), with a whole team who cared about defence AND offence, not only offence. In Madrid, it was just the opposite. Real's defence sucks (i mean Solari and Roberto Carlos are two great players, but they dont defend at all.. and Helguera is more a midfielder than a defender), and they started to play with a midfield composed by Beckham, Zidane, Guti and Figo, with nobody who cared about defence. So Samuel was pratically the only "real" defender of the team. And he struggled. Now that he'll back in Italy, in Inter, he'll perform better, cause Inter cares about defence more than Real, even if they aint the best in Italy doing that. Put Samuel in Juventus or Milan and he'll back in the top3 in the World all of a sudden, imo. He just aint a player who can play in "this" Real. But it's not only Samuel. Even Nesta and Cannavaro, or Thuram, the best defenders of Serie A, can't perform as good as they do here in Italy if they go to Real. Real just needs to build a more equilibrate team. Only if they'll do it, they'll have some good results in defence. About Solari, i dont know him enought to judge him. Here in Italy he's not even well known. We know he's a Real player who always sits in the bench, but we dont really know him. And that's strange, cause i've always read good reviews about him.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 05:15:45 AM by Antonio »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 06:08:57 AM »
I kinda see your point about the way Real Madrid setup their team, but even that doesn't excuse for how bad he has been with them. He has no positional sense at all, he lets strikers drag him all over the pitch, leaving gaping holes in their defence, which led to a lot of goals they conceded early on the season. He constantly makes rash attempts at sliding tackles which either result in him fouling the player or leaving the rest of the team exposed, and I didn't see anything in his game to suggest why Real would have paid that amount of money for him. I mean prehaps at Roma these weaknesses weren't as obvious because there were other players to cover for him when he was following strikers all over the pitch, but the fact remains that he has major weaknesses in his defensive game, which prevent him, in my eyes from ever being seen as a world class defender, and mean that as far as I'm concerned (even if only in Italy) he is overrated.

acbaylove

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 06:25:22 AM »
I kinda see your point about the way Real Madrid setup their team, but even that doesn't excuse for how bad he has been with them. He has no positional sense at all, he lets strikers drag him all over the pitch, leaving gaping holes in their defence, which led to a lot of goals they conceded early on the season. He constantly makes rash attempts at sliding tackles which either result in him fouling the player or leaving the rest of the team exposed, and I didn't see anything in his game to suggest why Real would have paid that amount of money for him. I mean prehaps at Roma these weaknesses weren't as obvious because there were other players to cover for him when he was following strikers all over the pitch, but the fact remains that he has major weaknesses in his defensive game, which prevent him, in my eyes from ever being seen as a world class defender, and mean that as far as I'm concerned (even if only in Italy) he is overrated.

Do you want another example? Cannavaro. He totally sucked last year, in Inter. So much that Inter offered him to us in exchange of our 3rd/4th goalkeeper who was playing on loan in Belgium, at the time. He had minor injuries, he didnt feel considered by the coach, he just wasnt motivated or "happy", and he didnt fit well in Inter defence. Then he moved to Turin pratically for free, with Capello, and he was been named the MVP of the Serie A, according to Italian newspapers, after a wonderful season. What i mean is that for a defender it's too important the rest of the team and the team's organization. They're not like strikers, who no matter where they play they just have to score. I'm hella sure that if Samuel will join Juventus, with Capello, he'll be considered again a top class defender, maybe the best in the world. For sure he sucked in Madrid, but i can quote you thousands of players who are considered great talents/champions who totally sucked here in Italy. Or viceversa. Expecially defenders. An example? Van Der Sar. He's considere one of the best goalkeepers ever, in the rest of Europe. Here in Italy, expecially for Juventus fans, he's considered one of the worse goal keepers ever, for sure he's in the top3 worse goalkeepers in Juventus history. It's like that. It happens. But if a player is a good player, he deserves another chance. Juventus gave it to Cannavaro, and now we've fixed our defence making it the best in Italy and maybe in Europe.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:27:27 AM by Antonio »

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 06:29:37 AM »
Oh, talking about Inter, another good example is Veron. And, talking about Chelsea, two other good examples are Crespo and Mutu. 3 players who didnt perform well in England, but who are considered great stars here in Italy. If you judge them only by their seasons in England, then they cant be considered world class. But if you consider them for what they did in Italy, then hell if they arent...!!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 06:49:32 AM »
antonio has a point.same with beckham and owen.they suck in spain but they were considered one of the best in england

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2005, 07:02:43 AM »
Cannavaro's case was different though, because he is a brilliant defender, and his main problem at Inter was a lot of niggling injuries, coupled with the fact that the manager didn't give the support he needed, and therefore he wasn't motivated to perform. It wasn't that he was a bad player, just that he never settled properly at Inter and therefore didn't perform to the best of his ability. Samuel on the other hand, has shown at Madrid that he has serious flaws in his game, which aren't just down to a lack of form or not being settled in Madrid, its that he isn't as accomplished a defender as he was assumed to be when he was at Roma.

The other examples you gave:

Veron - the problem with him in England was that neither of the teams he played for allowed him to the center stage player and perform to the best of his ability. For instance in Italy, pretty much the rest of the Lazio team was setup to allow Veron to be what he does best, dictate the play, be the creative player in the midfield. In England, both Man U and Chelsea expected him to play as a normal central midfielder, to get back and help defend and make tackles. That isn't Veron's game at all, and hence why he struggled in England because no-one was willing to build a team around him. The few times in European games where Man U sacrificed a striker in order to give Veron freedom he played really well, but he wasn't given that opportunity week in, week out.

Mutu - for the first two-three months he was a Chelsea he looked like an amazing player, was scoring goals for fun, and playing well within the team. Its no secret that he enjoyed the London nightlife whilst he was at Chelsea, and I think after that initial period in which he performed well, that started to take its tole on him. He had the problem with custody of his child and everything, and going from playing at somewhere like Parma (which I would guess is pretty quiet as a town/city), to the center of London was I think a bit of a shock for him. I think with proper guidance he would have been a big success at Chelsea judging by his first three months there, but he never got that, and therefore it all went downhill.

Crespo - I think if Mourinho hadn't taken over at Chelsea, Crespo would still have played for them last season and been a success. He scored 15 goals in his first season at the club despite being injured for a lot of the campaign, and showed that he was a world class goalscorer, despite what most of the British press may say. The problem was that Mourinho came in, and wanted players who were going to work 100% for the team, and Crespo isn't that type of player, hence why he was loaned out to Milan. The talk still is that Mourinho is considering having him back, because I think he knows what a good player Crespo is, and with Chelsea I think concentrating more on attack next season there is every chance he will come back to them and be a success in the Premiership.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 07:51:51 AM »
Samuel is extremely overrated, but Solari is a good signing.

Let me share my opinion with you: i think Samuel is extremely underrated, not overrated. Here in Italy he was considered the best defender in the world with Nesta, before he moved to Spain. And you know Italy is the place to be if you want to talk about defence, lol. He performed extremely well in Roma, with Capello. Juve tried to sign him a couple of times, and Inter too. But 25m € was just too much for them, so Real signed him. In Madrid, i've heard he failed. But pleasebelieveit, it was not a shock for us italians. Because in Roma he played with Capello as a coach, with a great defence, with at least 2 midfielders who defends too (De Rossi, Dacourt, Emerson, etc..), with a whole team who cared about defence AND offence, not only offence. In Madrid, it was just the opposite. Real's defence sucks (i mean Solari and Roberto Carlos are two great players, but they dont defend at all.. and Helguera is more a midfielder than a defender), and they started to play with a midfield composed by Beckham, Zidane, Guti and Figo, with nobody who cared about defence. So Samuel was pratically the only "real" defender of the team. And he struggled. Now that he'll back in Italy, in Inter, he'll perform better, cause Inter cares about defence more than Real, even if they aint the best in Italy doing that. Put Samuel in Juventus or Milan and he'll back in the top3 in the World all of a sudden, imo. He just aint a player who can play in "this" Real. But it's not only Samuel. Even Nesta and Cannavaro, or Thuram, the best defenders of Serie A, can't perform as good as they do here in Italy if they go to Real. Real just needs to build a more equilibrate team. Only if they'll do it, they'll have some good results in defence. About Solari, i dont know him enought to judge him. Here in Italy he's not even well known. We know he's a Real player who always sits in the bench, but we dont really know him. And that's strange, cause i've always read good reviews about him.
exactly Samuel is underrated i think he is one of the top 3 defenders in the world

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 08:19:43 AM »

i would "loov it" if inter signed samuel - 1 of my favourite defenders  :)  8)

acbaylove

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 12:40:19 PM »
Cannavaro's case was different though, because he is a brilliant defender, and his main problem at Inter was a lot of niggling injuries, coupled with the fact that the manager didn't give the support he needed, and therefore he wasn't motivated to perform. It wasn't that he was a bad player, just that he never settled properly at Inter and therefore didn't perform to the best of his ability. Samuel on the other hand, has shown at Madrid that he has serious flaws in his game, which aren't just down to a lack of form or not being settled in Madrid, its that he isn't as accomplished a defender as he was assumed to be when he was at Roma.

The other examples you gave:

Veron - the problem with him in England was that neither of the teams he played for allowed him to the center stage player and perform to the best of his ability. For instance in Italy, pretty much the rest of the Lazio team was setup to allow Veron to be what he does best, dictate the play, be the creative player in the midfield. In England, both Man U and Chelsea expected him to play as a normal central midfielder, to get back and help defend and make tackles. That isn't Veron's game at all, and hence why he struggled in England because no-one was willing to build a team around him. The few times in European games where Man U sacrificed a striker in order to give Veron freedom he played really well, but he wasn't given that opportunity week in, week out.

Mutu - for the first two-three months he was a Chelsea he looked like an amazing player, was scoring goals for fun, and playing well within the team. Its no secret that he enjoyed the London nightlife whilst he was at Chelsea, and I think after that initial period in which he performed well, that started to take its tole on him. He had the problem with custody of his child and everything, and going from playing at somewhere like Parma (which I would guess is pretty quiet as a town/city), to the center of London was I think a bit of a shock for him. I think with proper guidance he would have been a big success at Chelsea judging by his first three months there, but he never got that, and therefore it all went downhill.

Crespo - I think if Mourinho hadn't taken over at Chelsea, Crespo would still have played for them last season and been a success. He scored 15 goals in his first season at the club despite being injured for a lot of the campaign, and showed that he was a world class goalscorer, despite what most of the British press may say. The problem was that Mourinho came in, and wanted players who were going to work 100% for the team, and Crespo isn't that type of player, hence why he was loaned out to Milan. The talk still is that Mourinho is considering having him back, because I think he knows what a good player Crespo is, and with Chelsea I think concentrating more on attack next season there is every chance he will come back to them and be a success in the Premiership.

I agree with you. They didnt find the good scenario to perform well, both tecnically and psicologically. But what i'm saying is that somebody here in Italy trusted them because of what they did in the past and they gave them a second chance. And they performed well again. So i'm pretty positive Samuel is just another example like those ones. Give them another chance and he'll perform as good as usual again.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 07:37:05 AM »
anyone who ever doubted cannavaro's ability is an idiot
NO MORE WAR