Author Topic: Fiona Apple's Album FINALLY coming out  (Read 187 times)

Trauma-san

Fiona Apple's Album FINALLY coming out
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:44:46 AM »
Sony has finally o.k.'d the release of "Extraordinary Machine" by Fiona,... but get THIS shit.  Their original complaints were that the album wasn't palitable enough for radio, so they scrapped the original producer (and producer of Fiona's original albums) Jon Brion, and hired..... Mike Elizondo!  Can you believe that shit?  I guess his star is rising.

Anyways, Mike remixed and re-recorded the entire album with Fiona, and the new version is 9 new recorded versions of the songs, two of the originals, and one new one. 

Extraordinary Machine will be released October 14th by Sony Music, and you can listen to "Oh Sailor" the first single on Fiona's finally redesigned website, www.Fiona-Apple.com

Fuck the haters, I think it sounds better now. 

J Bananas

Re: Fiona Apple's Album FINALLY coming out
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 10:45:51 AM »
is it released yet? I might check it out. I liked the beat for "criminal" back in the day, gangsta.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 04:13:11 PM »
^ Nah, like I said, October 14th or you can preview a couple tracks on www.fiona-apple.com

Rick

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Kweli
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 08:10:30 AM »
It's about fucking time.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 05:25:33 AM »
does that mean its gonna be more boom bap oriented?

nothing wrong with that

dl'ed the other one a lil while back, it sux

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 08:44:47 AM »
^ You won't like the new one, either, it's not your type. 

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 09:30:20 AM »
^^thx 4 the heads up

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 10:05:25 AM »
Kinda wierd after that original producer was just credited for working with Kanye on his new album.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 01:43:28 PM »
^ Yup.  Here's what everyone in the know (Me!) thinks really happened.

O.K., the line was that Fiona recorded this far reaching new album, Extraordinary Machine, with Jon Brion, it was all creative and stretching, and then Sony thought they didn't hear a single, so rejected it.

Sony said: "Fiona never gave us a finished album".

Jon Brion said: "It's a shame that Sony won't release that album, it's great".

Fiona said: "......."

Fiona's fan's said "Fuck Sony! We want the Album!!! We want this released, we'll buy it!!!"

Sony said "Fiona never gave us a finished album".

Fiona said: "......"

At the time of the recording, the word going around was that Fiona only had 4 songs written, and most of the album was very collaborative with Jon, she once even was talking about making it an album credited to both of them.

Now, what everybody believes actually happened was, Fiona felt rushed into making the original album with Jon, didn't feel the songs were right, and actually never GAVE Sony the album.  Out of respect for Jon, she did the sessions, to see what would come up, but never felt the results were what she wanted.  Eventually, she got a new producer in the studio (Mike Elizondo), and recorded them basically the way SHE wanted them to sound, without Jon's involvement (other than his ideas and arrangements that leaked into the newer recordings). 

So it looks like Fiona herself was the reason the album never came out, she wasn't happy with it, but now likes the new version.  Sony's saying, now, that they're pleased Fiona finished the album, and Elizondo is saying that the album is now how Fiona wanted it from the beginning, and Fiona isn't saying shit about anything.