Author Topic: Real Madrid seal Robinho deal  (Read 242 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Real Madrid seal Robinho deal
« on: July 02, 2005, 04:58:19 AM »

Real Madrid have finally reached agreement with Santos over Robinho, ending any floundering hopes Arsenal had of landing the player.

For months, Real have been tracking the Brazilian starlet and they agreed terms with the player's representatives some months ago.

However, Santos had thus far refused all of Real's offers.

Arsenal made a move last week, but that has seemingly just spurred Real into sealing the move - although Robinho always underlined his intent to move to El Santiago Bernabeu.

Agreement was reached late on Friday at Santos president Marcelo Teixeira's house and Real will pay €25 million for Robinho - although Santos will only receive 60 percent of that, as the player's agent Wagner Ribeiro owns the rest of him.

The last straw for Santos was when Robinho failed to turn up for training on Friday, following his participation at The Confederations Cup in Germany.

Real's sporting director Emilio Butragueno was confirmed his delight at Robinho's impending arrival in the Spanish capital.

"Robinho has been the soccer sensation of the last year," he said.

"Although he is very young, his contribution to Real Madrid can be spectacular. Luxemburgo only took seconds in giving his opinion. Wanderley is enchanted by his arrival."

Madrid will now turn their attentions elsewhere, having already landed Robinho, plus two further South Americans in the shape of Carlos Diogo and Pablo Garcia.

One player still being strongly linked in England and Spain is Liverpool's Steven Gerrard.

It is claimed in both country's media that contract negotiations are not going well - with Spanish sources saying that Gerrard's huge demands are a tactic to engineer a move to Madrid.

It remains to be seen what will happen with Gerrard, but the longer talks ensure without progress - the more speculation about his future there will be.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=288750
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 08:52:01 AM by Woozie »

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
Re: Real Madrid seal Robinho deal!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 05:29:53 AM »
A thing I don't understand with Real is that why they buy strikers all the time when they have already enough of them.....Why they don't concentrate to midfielders and especially to defenders....

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 07:24:36 AM »
A thing I don't understand with Real is that why they buy strikers all the time when they have already enough of them.....Why they don't concentrate to midfielders and especially to defenders....

coz theyre stupid.but i think this was actually a good signing becuase hes a YOUNG star unlike beckham,zidane,owen and ronaldo were.just like barca bought deco,ronadlinho,eto'o last year.and look how got that turned out to be.

i think that real bought him because they saw how ronadlinho saved barca.ronaldinho and robinho have simillar style.so robinho coudl be in the future what ronaldinho si to barca.

anyway i have to say robinho hasnt convinced me yet.yeah hes skills are amazing but he doesnt do a lot for the team.now its real's job to make him a great player like ronaldinho.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 08:33:36 AM »

bcoz theyre all about marketing....strikers score goals...people like to see goals....more goals more money

peace

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 08:49:55 AM »

bcoz theyre all about marketing....strikers score goals...people like to see goals....more goals more money

peace
yep agree but why can't they understand that titles make more money n to win titles stars aren't enough they need a  team. Anyway the biggest mistake they make is to let Makelele leave

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Real Madrid seal Robinho deal
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 11:35:15 AM »
good signing....lets see if he gets playing time
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 05:44:16 AM »
yea his alrite, but does waste the ball quite a bit, can see he has bigg talent but not sure if you can say his ready for the big leagues yet, i quite prefered Deigo at santos to Robinho aswell.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 09:45:26 AM »
very good signing for them

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 12:45:11 AM »
wow great....Ronaldo , Owen , Raul , Robinho ....good lord real madrid seems to be more interested in selling T-shirts than they are winning games...So many strikers , so many over the hill players

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 12:46:40 AM »
yeah exactly more of a marketing tool then a team....

Jome

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 05:50:28 PM »
Nothing is decided yet, Santos want more money for him..
Robinho is mad as hell..

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 12:35:06 AM »
yeah, can get some nice cash out of Real if they want him that badly...

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 12:08:13 AM »
god dam now we have to go through the pain of watchin sucha talented player sit on da bench about 80% of da time once real gets him

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 09:04:07 AM »
god dam now we have to go through the pain of watchin sucha talented player sit on da bench about 80% of da time once real gets him

I don't think so. Luxemburgo is the first that wants him in the team, they're friends and have already worked together.

He'll be in the starting eleven. Owen out, Robinho in.

BTW, shit it's still in the air. Santos is really showing they're only interested in more and more money, regardless of the personal situation of the player. Florentino will pay.

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 05:22:57 AM »
He'll be in the starting eleven. Owen out, Robinho in.

thought owen wasnt even getting a game; so how can robinho replace him in starting XI ?