Author Topic: What happened to Yo-Yo?  (Read 236 times)

Elevz

What happened to Yo-Yo?
« on: July 06, 2005, 05:00:02 AM »
I was bumping Ice Cube's "AmeriKKKa's most wanted" today, listened to "It's a man's world" that features some girl named Yo-Yo. DAMN! This has to be the most talented female rapper of all time, she totally ripped the track apart! Who is she and where has she gone? Does anybody know?

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: What happened to Yo-Yo?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 05:05:40 AM »
nah but that reminds me of Warren G's Album - Regualte G Funk Era, where theres the female rapper - SuperSoulSis and she rips track #6 proper well, but thats all ive ever heard from her..

acbaylove

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 07:28:05 AM »
She on's GTA San Andreas. ;D 8)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 07:29:57 AM »
which one? YoYo or SuperSoulSis?

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 07:32:05 AM »
she's planning a comeback, forming a group with neb-luv (5 footaz), and one of doggy's angels (not sure who though)

so theyre planning to form another female super group, hrhr

my favorite female rapper is: Boss
she got the best flow, angry attitude.... next one is: neb luv
and maybe then yoyo

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 07:44:10 AM »

YoYo.

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 08:29:46 AM »
Well, problem is, there's probably about 20 artists out there with a name like "yoyo". But planning a comeback... Does that mean she's done big things other than that song on Ice Cube's album?

Oh well, that does make me curious about the "female super group", because I didn't think it was possible for females to form a super rap group :P

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 09:07:13 AM »
hmmm, sounds like you dont know:

she released an album!! i think it was in 95?

and its VERY oldschool! sound like some public enemy ish - pretty fast too - i dont like it, but i think thats a matter of flavour - and im into laid back g-funk

so check out that album, maybe you'll like it!

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 09:11:16 AM »
Oh well, that does make me curious about the "female super group", because I didn't think it was possible for females to form a super rap group :P
:)
but to me doggy's angels were already pretty close
5 footaz also very dope, but promotion and publishing was a joke ::) - well, they didnt have the same base like doggy's angels
but the angels "failed" too in some kind of way... so i think there isnt such a big demand for female rappers :-\

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 09:13:23 AM »
Well, problem is, there's probably about 20 artists out there with a name like "yoyo". But planning a comeback... Does that mean she's done big things other than that song on Ice Cube's album?

damn homie you obviously dont know about "You Cant Play with my Yo-Yo" that song was a banger and got played up & down

and who elses name is Yo Yo?
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

DJ F Sharp

• 'G'
  • I'm a hustla
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 12:13:57 PM »
she is a radio personality now on KDAY 93.5fm in LA

Speaking of KDAY, they just ADDED the DJ Quik ft Sly Boogy - Fandango Rmx to the fuckin rotation...I just wanted them to play it a few times, add it to the rotation, dope!
---- F Sharp
Bumsquad DJz / Dubcnn
www.myspace.com/djfsharp --- DJ F Sharp Mixtape News
"Cali Love Pt.2: New West Order" hosted by Crooked I, Sly Boogy, & Bishop Lamont comin in End of June
"Cali Love Pt.3" hosted by Re-Up Entertainment's own Ras Kass & 40 Glocc comin soon...

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 07:35:42 AM »
lol..:D
SuperSoulSis=Jah-Skillz

Elevz

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 09:29:52 AM »
hmmm, sounds like you dont know:

she released an album!! i think it was in 95?

and its VERY oldschool! sound like some public enemy ish - pretty fast too - i dont like it, but i think thats a matter of flavour - and im into laid back g-funk

so check out that album, maybe you'll like it!

Dope... I'm gonna have to check that one out! ;D

damn homie you obviously dont know about "You Cant Play with my Yo-Yo" that song was a banger and got played up & down

and who elses name is Yo Yo?

Uhh, there's a female popsinger with a similar name, and think of people like K-Ci & Jojo, I bet there's more. All sort of the same, and it's all confusing. Guess I missed out on the "Play with my Yo-Yo" song too, but if that's from her 1995 album I should hear it soon enough :P

gator313

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 09:53:43 AM »
what about the song  Bonnie and Clyde theme  featuring Ice Cube      that song was hot

We Fly High

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 09:59:41 AM »
pac used to go out with yo yo too.