Author Topic: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #23...  (Read 618 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #23...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 09:55:36 AM »
This about is in about the right spot.  I'd say you can add or substract about ten spots for just about everything on the list.  Meaning I'd have no problem saying this should be at #33.

Most hip-hop heads know of the Boot Camp Clique and this album (the first to come outta the BCC).  I don't know about everyone else here but in the mid 90s when I was in high school, my friends and others listened to and talked about the BCC as much as the Wu, Mobb Deep, Death Row and other popular hip-hop artists of the time.
This is the first album produced by the highly respected Da Beatminerz who have also gone on to produced for the likes of KRS-One, Ras Kass and Talib Kweli.  This album is pretty close to flawless and has made the impact to justify this spot.

Now the next album coming is the one I would expect people to wonder about.  It's probably to little to high but I'd say it's one of the best albums ever made.

ABN

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005, 10:01:55 AM »
<----------will be a little upset if Criminal Minded(youngins stop sleepin on Kris),The Chronic,Doggystyle & Illmatic doesn´t make the list but from what i´ve seen on this list so far i think they will make it.

Elevz

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005, 03:18:05 PM »
Well, I'll straight up admit once again, all of my knowledge about hiphop from the 90s, I gained after '99. Thing is, you'll often hear great artists being mentioned all over the place, but for me Black Moon hardly rings a bell. Seems like they're kinda forgotten these days? This one and Brand Nubian are the only ones I didn't really know anything of. I guess they never really commercially blew up, did they?

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005, 04:11:27 PM »
^^ Nope they always been underground but the BCC released classic material and was one of the dopest crew in the 90's. If you wanna know more about the boot camp clik, I strongly suggest you to check these albums:

Smiff-N-Wessun - Dah Shinin' (1995)

Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal (1996)

Originoo Gunn Clappaz (1996)

Ill post the albums in the hook up spot if u want
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 04:48:38 PM by Welcome 2 Bucktown »

davida.b.

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2005, 09:03:18 PM »
Post Da Shinin, I need that album

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 05:29:54 AM »
It´s up pretty high, but it was indeed a blueprint for the mid-90´s hardcore shit and it´s a dope album