Author Topic: DJ Quik Concert Review @ HOB Hollywood  (Read 775 times)

Sikotic™

DJ Quik Concert Review @ HOB Hollywood
« on: July 03, 2005, 12:11:19 PM »
Man, what a fuckin' show. DJ Quik is such a dope cat, I got more respect for him now than before.

Got there with my homie around 8:45pm. The muthafuckin line was so damn long. It wasn't like that for the Xzibit concert I went to back in April. So we all get in around 10 because people were bullshittin with security.

While I was lookin for a good place close to th stage, I saw Fredwreck again. At the Xzibit concert Suffice, Doggy, and I saw him and took some pictures. I just told him "What's up, Fred? When's the album droppin" and he said "Soon." He looked shocked I knew him lol.

Anyways, first act up was Damizza. He started freestylin over some old Snoop & Dre beats. He actually got the crowd going a lot. He's needs to drop an album because he can put on a good show too. No Shade Sheist, Knoc, or Butch Cassidy in the building though. He did a 15 minute set, finished it off with that "What Would You Do" track he did with Mariah, Shade, and Nate. All the bitches loved that.

So another 15 minute intermission, then some R&B dude named P-Dub signed for Warner Bros. came out. He wasn't bad, I just wasn't feeling his style, he's on that St. Louis shit. Just not my personal taste. Anyway, he did like a 20 minute set of his stuff.

Another intermission, then these cats called the NL All Stars come out. They brought the energy in the House of Blues down man. Wack muthafuckas. They were like some Lil Jon/Yin Yang Twins/Crunk rip offs. It was pretty funny, just to get the crowd going they had to throw out their own weed lol. They were like "We're gonna do one more song" and everyone started booing and shouting "DJ Quik". They did their set and got the fuck off the stage thang God.

Then half hour intermission. Almost got in a fight with this fool and his fat bitch because they kept steppin on my shoes n pissing me off.

Finally Quik came out with some othr guy, I wish I caught his name. He was a bald guy. They come out with suits on sippin on champagne n shit. Everyone was goin' crazy, bitches were throwing their bras and thongs at him lol. He did some song I didn't recognize, it sounded new. He told us he was gonna do a few new songs off THE ALBUM, not the miz tape. He did like a verse from 3 new songs, and god damn, he's comin with some Rhythm-al-ism, type shit again. Then curtain closes, he changes clothes, comes out and does "Do I Love Her".

Before he did that though he said something along the lines of "Rest in Peace to all my dead homeboys.......like Suga Free". He also said AMG is a talented dude but he has a fucked up attitude. Then he said KK from 2nd II None is laying tiles for a living and Dee moved to Atlanta. Some funny shit I guess, a lot of people were unaware of their beef because cats wanted to see Free on stage with Quik.

He switched it up to Dollaz + Sense. Everyone went crazy singing along with him. Quik's got so much energy on stage too, that dude is crazy. He then did "Sweet Black Pussy", "Just Lyke Compton", "Pitch In On A Party". Did "Tonite" and everyone flipped the fuck out. Quik is a crazy guy, he started making out with this bitch on the front row lol.

Quik was handing out champagne, wine, and Hennessy to the front row, telling them to pass it back because he wanted to get everyone drunk. He then did a tribute to Luther Vandross by passing out all of his own personal Luther CDs to the crowd.

He went on to do all of his hits, including Tonite twice lol. Oh, and did "Down Down Down" and got Dwayne Wiggins from Tony Toni Tone to do the hook.

He ran out fo songs and told us he'll be back on Wednesday with 10 more songs. Great concert, probably my favorite. He gave out his Trauma mixtape to people. I've never seen someone throw out so much of his own shit like that before. Unfortunately, I didn't get my hands on it. Such a generous dude. If you got the opportunity to go to the Wednesday show, don't miss out.

Peace.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

We Fly High

Re: DJ Quik Concert Review @ HOB Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 12:15:24 PM »
yeah that guy gives out a lot of his shit. at the last show in december knocturnal thre wout his fur coat.. and dj quik gave away some FAT ASS keyboard. shit was crazy.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 12:29:20 PM »
He did like a verse from 3 new songs, and god damn, he's comin with some Rhythm-al-ism, type shit again.

ok now i'm excited  :D

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 12:30:33 PM »
sounds like a great concert, i remember i was just about to buy tickets to cali and a DJ Quik concert and that was the day he said he retired and canceled all his shit... kinda lost the urge to go after that

Diabolical

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 12:42:17 PM »
I hope he comes to the UK once the album is out.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 12:57:10 PM »
I'm so pissed I didn't get a copy of Trauma. His entourage throw like pussies.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

FuckGunit662

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
Yo quik is the nigga fo real!!!!!!!!!!

BAD_SCE

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • WHO THAT
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 01:55:05 PM »
for real his is going back to his 98 style ? that is fucking dope
thats me

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 02:12:42 PM »
I doubt it, but the she he previewed with us was just as tight as the 98 shit.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ecrazy

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 02:19:05 PM »
when or where is the Wednesday concert?

We Fly High

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 02:29:11 PM »
Sunset strip house of blues again.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 03:14:09 PM »
sound's like some really dope shit

King Of L.A.

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2005, 03:29:23 PM »
KK from 2nd II None is laying tiles for a living? damn thats sad.

Spolja

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 03:32:32 PM »

Finally Quik came out with some othr guy, I wish I caught his name. He was a bald guy. 

Maybe Shawn Anthony?

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »
Wasn't Shawn Anthony. Whoever it was, Quik pushed him into the crowd and forced the poor dude to crowd surf lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE