Author Topic: It's official,Dr Dre's worst beat in the last 3 years is........  (Read 1788 times)

FuckGunit662

Re: It's official,Dr Dre's worst beat in the last 3 years is........
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2005, 08:57:39 AM »
Nah anything with eminem his garbage...but that xzibit track was tight ...peace

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2005, 09:25:40 AM »
Even with "Just lose it" I didn't like it at all and most people I know thought it was weak, but you can't deny that it was a beat that fit that song perfectly just like the shit did on Encore that sounded just like it. Just a silly ass beat that let Eminem say some comedic ignorance on it

ABN

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2005, 09:35:41 AM »
this thread is comedy coz with most producers/artists people can agree on which joints that are not that good but not with Dre just like RT said. but considering the fact that Dre has produced over 450 official songs there´s a pretty slim selection in this thread.

brawn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2005, 01:09:53 PM »
I'd have to say Just Lose It as well. As for the tracks that people are listing as the worst dre beats,chances are that if a different rapper were on these beats it would be a completely different story.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2005, 01:51:28 PM »
dre doesnt release shit beats... unless it's unreleased then you wont hear a shit dre beat...

CLOSE THREAD.

co-sign. and yall cant say a beat sucked just cuz the artist that rapped over it sucks
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Matty

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2005, 04:10:19 PM »
i don't really care what his worst beat is. i give the tunes i like love and the ones i dont like as much less play. dres worst beat is a lot better than most shit anyway.

Paul

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2005, 04:17:06 PM »
i would say  the g'd up song from the g-unit album.  i think the beat would have been better with someone else rapping on it.  imo  but g-unit suck on that track

i thought that beat was nice
yeah if g unit wasnt on it it would hav been better
xzibit would sound good on it
funkyfreshintheflesh

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2005, 05:51:32 PM »
gd up was a amazing track, no need to hate on gunit when they come good, buck kills his verse on that and the beat is sick........how that can even be on the list with the likes of the fight music beat is a shock!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2005, 10:09:18 PM »
i can't believe some of yall are sayin shit hits the fan was dre's worst beat. That shit was fuckin sickness. I'd say Dre's biggest weakness is some of his beats sounding the same.  I remember when i heard Mary J. Blige's Family Affair, thinking that it sounded just like Xzibit's "X". And most of Dre's beats on Man vs. Machine were generic sounding.  His beats that he gave to Obie on Cheers blew my mind.  I think that style of production is a lot like what we'll hear on Detox.

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2005, 07:52:10 AM »
worst dre beat:eminem-just lose it
just lose it wins hands down

Crippin Aint Eazy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2005, 01:51:08 PM »
Personally I think Ems gone soft since hes been off the drugs thats why his shits just not the same.But the beats i personally like are Where im From and that new Forever Beat off of i think Stat Quos new shit  but all Dres shits tight 8)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 01:56:00 PM by Crippin Aint Eazy »

Elevz

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2005, 10:10:51 AM »
Personally I think Ems gone soft since hes been off the drugs thats why his shits just not the same.But the beats i personally like are Where im From and that new Forever Beat off of i think Stat Quos new shit  but all Dres shits tight 8)

I personally think Where I'm From is one of Dre's best beats in years. I fucking LOVE that track - Game spits real nice on it, and I'm glad they kept Dre's average verse off the album version.

But on the real... I guess it's official - Dre is the best producer hiphop has ever known, and will ever know. I'll agree with y'all that some songs would have been if the beats went to different rappers, but you really can't blame the beats for sucking. Dre is still on top. Face it.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2005, 11:18:24 AM »
^^ Dre didn't produce "Where I'm From", Focus did. Dre mixed it though.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2005, 11:20:34 AM »

Yeah....and that beat sounds a bit too "2001" for him to drop somethin like that now. Most of his beats now don't have that same exact vibe to it, and usually don't have a Bassline like that one has.

Elevz

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2005, 02:49:14 PM »

Imagine how good Dre is... He doesn't even have to be in the studio during the producing process, only just having Focus thinking of Dre is enough for a beat that's fire!

... my bad ;)

Nevertheless... I think the point still stands. Dre will never put out something that people won't like, and that makes the question of this thread kinda impossible to answer. So no, it's not official, "Choke me, Spank me" may very well NOT be Dre's worst beat. I think calling it the "least impressive" beat would have been better anyway, but that beat is actually fire. It's just the vocals that I don't really like on the song.