Author Topic: WHO GONNA BUY DAT PUBLIC ENEMY SHIT??  (Read 287 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re: WHO GONNA BUY DAT PUBLIC ENEMY SHIT??
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 03:08:21 PM »
am i the only one that is tired of public enemy preaching?

man i'm dead tired of 'social revolution' rap. what the fuck have they done besides make some dope songs that hit - i mean, what have they done, revolution wise since 1991?

i guarantee if kerry won the election, they'd be talkin all that shit about kerry too. all they're doing is talkin shit about bush. and that's not to say that i'm exactly a fan of bush, but it's fuckin ridiculous. they're just gettin angry and shit at anything just so they can put out records.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 08:41:47 PM »

man i'm dead tired of 'social revolution' rap. what the fuck have they done besides make some dope songs that hit - i mean, what have they done, revolution wise since 1991?

i guarantee if kerry won the election, they'd be talkin all that shit about kerry too. all they're doing is talkin shit about bush. and that's not to say that i'm exactly a fan of bush, but it's fuckin ridiculous. they're just gettin angry and shit at anything just so they can put out records.

Me too, I'm so sick and tired of their message too. I'm sick and tired of rappers actually saying something in their raps, I'm just so fed up with rappers pushing the envelope and getting on these politicians. Why can't more rappers brag about dope dealing, and shooting other black men, otherwise known as "shooting niggas"? I wish everybody rapped like 50 Cent or the Ying Yang twins, then hip hop would be perfect!
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 11:02:15 PM »
^^ Lol true

Elevz

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »

Me too, I'm so sick and tired of their message too. I'm sick and tired of rappers actually saying something in their raps, I'm just so fed up with rappers pushing the envelope and getting on these politicians. Why can't more rappers brag about dope dealing, and shooting other black men, otherwise known as "shooting niggas"? I wish everybody rapped like 50 Cent or the Ying Yang twins, then hip hop would be perfect!

On point  8)

Then again, it takes so much skill to be like the Ying Yang Twins - they're in a league of their own. It's a shame there's not more rappers out there like them.

Compton Casanova

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 12:50:16 PM »

i prefer thid "social revolution" rap, compared to all of those other niggaz who ain't sayin a damn thing. ::)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2005, 05:05:54 PM »

i'm tired of people telling me which politician i should have voted for and bringing up all their fucking theories. you call that a 'message', i call it 'propaganda.' just because they talk about bush and politics doesn't mean that they know shit about bush and politics - and even if they did, what the fuck should that mean to me? i think i can make up my own damn mind about politics and don't need to buy a record full of someone else's opinion on it. you're telling me that they can say whatever the fuck they want about something that's in the news and suddenly they 'have a message.' fuck that, say something new. i listened to that new album and all i heard is the same bullshit i heard from them for the last 14 years.

getting on these politicians and pushing the envelope? tell me what politician is sitting around worried that public enemy is 'callin them out' on record - and, for that matter - tell me one who even knows who the fuck public enemy is anymore. public enemy has done nothing as far as politics and i sure as hell have NEVER heard of any motions that congress has passed regarding public enemy.

just because you say some sentences with 'black man' and 'bush' and 'america' in them doesn't mean you're actually saying something. tell me one thing that PE has said differently that has actually sparked some sort of change since 1991 and maybe i'll reconsider my argument.

and why the hell would u bring up 50 cent and the ying yang twins? and rappers shooting and bragging about dope dealing? did i say absolutely anything that had to do with any of those topics altogether? if i could tell public enemy to go a different route, i'd prefer that they went off on how they actually felt about the shit that they're preaching about - in other words i wish they'd speak from their goddam hearts, not their imaginations and not their minds.

i'm trying to say that, once upon a time, about 15 years ago, the preaching about social change was relevant. it may have actually made a difference. today, they're not even saying the same shit, they're just speculizing on their own political beliefs and that's the last shit in the world i want to hear. if you think you're 'educated' because you listen to public enemy, let me give you some advice: pick up a goddam book and make up your own damn mind.

to me, a new public enemy record is the equivalent of writing 'fuck bush' on a bathroom stall in grand central station. a hell of a lot of people may see it, but no one is going to give a damn what you write because people don't need to be told how they should feel about politics. and if they do, they're some dumb motherfuckers.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2005, 03:37:20 AM »
Fuck Public Enemy

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Elevz

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2005, 05:36:50 AM »
Fuck Public Enemy

You might want to point that out.