Author Topic: Led Zeppelin?  (Read 502 times)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Led Zeppelin?
« on: July 11, 2005, 10:20:55 PM »
Can anyone reccomend me some of their good tracks/ album? I hear a lot of hype around this band but I only got to hearing Stairway to Heaven...

props iiien advizzance

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Re: Led Zeppelin?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 12:38:33 AM »
oh really? oh thats hella sick, thanks guys!

aka bump  :P

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 03:42:44 AM »
um, album #4 is my favorite:
a couple of sick songs: black dog & going to california

honestly u could probably download their whole discography and recognize at least 70% of the songs from movies and radio and shit. they're off the hook. i would hook u up, but i don't have anything of theirs on my right now (it's back home)...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 06:24:53 AM »
1 through 4 and Houses Of The Holy are all great albums. Some great songs include Dy'er Ma'ker, Dancing Days, Since I've Been Loving You, Heartbreaker, and Dazed and Confused to name a few.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 06:26:38 AM »
The vast majority of their stuff is worth blowing your dough on. As for albums, start with III or IV, then get the rest

Some of my fav songs:

Stairway To Heaven
Kashmir
When The Levee Breaks
Immigrant Song
Babe I´m Gonna Leave You
Black Dog
Ramble On
D´yer Mak´er

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 06:56:16 AM »
Dazed & Confused and Baby I'm gonna leave you are my favorites. You should get the best of double CD!

Amazing band...
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 09:36:13 AM »
this is the band, were like, the majority of their songs are amazing, or at least good... i got too many favs, but download any album, i think IV is the best, but many may disagree

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 09:50:04 AM »
Besides from the obvious singles (i.e. Kashmir, Black Dog, Rock & Roll, etc) my favourite tracks would probably be;
Heartbreaker
Dazed and Confused
Communication Breakdown
Misty Mountain Hop
Gallows Pole
Bring It On Home
Night Flight
etc

Favourite Album = II
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 01:32:48 PM »
start with there greatest hits...The Best of Led Zeppelin - Early Days...and Latter Days

Basically the Early stuff is when they were on top of the world..latter is when they started to fall (not really)

my personal favorites

Dazed and Confused
Good Times, Bad Times
When the Levee breaks
Baby Im Gonna Leave you
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 02:27:34 PM »
IV is the best. other songs besides on that album that are popular

Kashmir, whole lotta love....actually i could go on for a while. Start with IV if you like them then keep getting more albums.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 05:26:20 PM »
IV is a good starter as many have pointed out, but I don't think it's their best. I'd say II is their best, then Houses Of The Holy, then I, then III then IV. May seem weird to most.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 09:18:21 PM »
Ramble On
Good Times Bad Times
Over the Hills and Far Away <<My fav song
The Battle of Evermore
When the Levee Breaks
Immigrant Song

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 10:14:52 PM »
when the levee breaks is my favorite song by them

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 11:59:44 PM »
Thanks for replies, i thought IV was pretty good but it was too short for me, even tho the songs were like 8 or 9 mins each I think 8 songs a lil.. low but arent all the albums like that? I was feeling some of the tracks but others got repeitive after awhile..but then again I haven't checked any of their other albums...

peace

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 04:00:11 AM »
Thanks for replies, i thought IV was pretty good but it was too short for me, even tho the songs were like 8 or 9 mins each I think 8 songs a lil.. low but arent all the albums like that? I was feeling some of the tracks but others got repeitive after awhile..but then again I haven't checked any of their other albums...

peace

u gotta remember, back when led zepplin released their albums, 8 or 9 tracks was pretty much standard. everybody in the music industry only put out 8 or 9 tracks an album, because they actually wrote and had to perform all of their songs. in rap and popular music, 19-20 tracks is pretty much standard because the times have definately changed - artists aren't really writing their 'music'...beats are created on computers...there are a lot of factors....