Author Topic: Anyone listen to Garage?  (Read 327 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Anyone listen to Garage?
« on: July 12, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »
Anybody listen to this stuff...all I got is some Dizzee Rascal and M.I.A...anyone wanna recommend me some more? ???

or anyone wanna explain to me what the hell is Drum and Bass...and all that other Uk Grimy stuff?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 03:20:34 PM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Diabolical

Re: (UK)Drum and Base (Garage?)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 02:54:18 PM »
Im pretty sure garage isnt DnB.

You could check out Wiley and someone posted a thread down the page "This is how a diss shoud sound" or something simillar check that.

DnB is more like rave, try to find something by Goldie though and "Charly - Trip Into Drum and Bass Version" by The Prodigy and chck out the original just called "Charly".

Hope that helps.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 03:22:32 PM »
Im pretty sure garage isnt DnB.

You could check out Wiley and someone posted a thread down the page "This is how a diss shoud sound" or something simillar check that.

DnB is more like rave, try to find something by Goldie though and "Charly - Trip Into Drum and Bass Version" by The Prodigy and chck out the original just called "Charly".

Hope that helps.

ok...im confused man lol...ok someone wanna tell me what M.I.A and Dizze Rascal fall into? That is garage right?....and what you talking about Wiley?

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Re: Anyone listen to Garage?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 03:34:27 PM »
Isnt garage like that one band or whatever Oxide and Neutrino or something? from the uk?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 03:40:38 PM »
dizzie rascals voice is the most retarded shit ive ever heard.

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 03:44:26 PM »
Wiley is similar to Dizzee Rascal.
I get mixed up by what they call UK rap and garage though, sometimes it sounds alike.

§epeh® you mean So Solid Crew, which is a good example of what i mean. They started out as Underground Garage, then they just sounded like Rap and now its almost lke RnB some of them do. O&N is part of so solid.

Check out "21 Seconds" by So Solid Crew and "Reload - Casualty" by Oxide and Neutrino, both classics.

The Predator

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 04:10:27 PM »
Theres a lot of nice styles of drum n bass/jungle...and theres a lot of styles you wont like.

The old ragga/reggae/hip hop infused Jungle shit was the best.

Check out tracks like the modd deep jungle mix of shook ones

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 11:51:01 PM »
ok...im confused man lol...ok someone wanna tell me what M.I.A and Dizze Rascal fall into? That is garage right?....and what you talking about Wiley?

they fall under grime.... and wiley is a producer / emcee from Roll deep Crew and was basically one of the people that created the whole grime scene and sound, if you like rascal then should check out material from Nasty Crew especially Kano cause hes the most talented emcee from the whole grime/garage scene, also Crazy Titch, Ruff Squad, Boyz in da Hood are all good.. Producer wise can check out people like danny weed, jammer, skepta, da vinche, wiley these are all highly rated within the scene...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 11:40:21 AM »
Theres a lot of nice styles of drum n bass/jungle...and theres a lot of styles you wont like.

The old ragga/reggae/hip hop infused Jungle shit was the best.

Check out tracks like the modd deep jungle mix of shook ones

yea, im just getting into this stuff...props on the the track you sent me through pm

they fall under grime.... and wiley is a producer / emcee from Roll deep Crew and was basically one of the people that created the whole grime scene and sound, if you like rascal then should check out material from Nasty Crew especially Kano cause hes the most talented emcee from the whole grime/garage scene, also Crazy Titch, Ruff Squad, Boyz in da Hood are all good.. Producer wise can check out people like danny weed, jammer, skepta, da vinche, wiley these are all highly rated within the scene...

Props....ima check em all out...see what I like

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 12:03:17 AM »
^^^^ yeah, well i got shit loads of it like cd's and sets from everyone, if ur havin trouble find some decent shit ill up them on the hookup spot for ya..

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 10:50:04 AM »
^^^^ yeah, well i got shit loads of it like cd's and sets from everyone, if ur havin trouble find some decent shit ill up them on the hookup spot for ya..

what cds do you got man?

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 11:05:56 PM »
got too many, have 5/6 albums of various crews and artists live sets from radio and clubs, then got few actually dj mixed albums then ones ive made my self  8).... have you listened to grime alot? or you fairly new to the scene??

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 02:42:41 PM »
Tubby T
Kano
Lethal B
So Solid
Roll Deep
Wiley
Taz
J2K
More Fire
Crazy T
Titchy Stryder

The list goes on

bez

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 03:25:25 PM »
Not really garage but check out

Akala

hes fucking dope.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 03:58:50 PM »
Garage and Grime are close, Grime is a newer term and has a stronger hiphop influence. DnB is very closely related to Jungle...Mack´s list ain´t bad, but I´m not very versed in those genres