Author Topic: Young Maylay's mixtape now available  (Read 1271 times)

SGV

Re: Young Maylay's mixtape now available
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2005, 08:32:57 AM »
If I had a contact on Maylay I doubt I would've approached him. I'm not one of those groupie types. Unless I hear someone's music, I won't go out of my way. I never even heard a Maylay track until Lil Jay posted them. I'm not the type to hound you for an Interview... Others may, but thats them.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 01:32:15 PM by SGV »

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2005, 10:16:41 AM »
Rud - That's real talk, and to be perfectly honest we had no clue you were that closely affilated with W2K.  That would certainly explain things.  From our point of view you, rydaz and w2k all look like competitors.  I hope ya'll can see that.  So from that perspective, maybe you can see how we would be apprehensive about your timing.  We haven't been approaching anyone to do writeups because it seems to me you get a better writeup when the website or magazine comes to you...not vice versa.  A lot of times, you hit someone up to do a writeup and you don't even get a reply and that's when you REALLY start developing a "fuck them" attitude.  So it seems better to let cats come to you based on them hearing your material and deciding you're what they want to feature.  If we don't hear from someone we know they aren't interested.  make sense?  Now in this case, it's just a mixup, with us not knowing that you were so closely affiliated with a site that was already covering MayLay quite a bit.

Props For taking what i said on board, we are down with WC2K all the way 100%, recipricol love. WCR & dubcnn seem to have issues, dunno why but there is, thats unfortunate but its there. Theres no rivalry as such, they do what they do, we do what we do. Regarding YM, as i said i waited to holla and when i did hoped we could get down on something. Lets consider this matter as resolved and more importantly lets move on - dubcnn will keep reporting all we can and YM will keep making quality music, all being well that will tie together in the future as hoped and we can let the past lie.

Once again props for understanding the reasoning behind our delay for a FULL exposure piece on YM. Take care, Rud.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

djdaze

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2005, 10:22:29 AM »
Rud - That's real talk, and to be perfectly honest we had no clue you were that closely affilated with W2K.  That would certainly explain things.  From our point of view you, rydaz and w2k all look like competitors.  I hope ya'll can see that.  So from that perspective, maybe you can see how we would be apprehensive about your timing.  We haven't been approaching anyone to do writeups because it seems to me you get a better writeup when the website or magazine comes to you...not vice versa.  A lot of times, you hit someone up to do a writeup and you don't even get a reply and that's when you REALLY start developing a "fuck them" attitude.  So it seems better to let cats come to you based on them hearing your material and deciding you're what they want to feature.  If we don't hear from someone we know they aren't interested.  make sense?  Now in this case, it's just a mixup, with us not knowing that you were so closely affiliated with a site that was already covering MayLay quite a bit.

Props For taking what i said on board, we are down with WC2K all the way 100%, recipricol love. WCR & dubcnn seem to have issues, dunno why but there is, thats unfortunate but its there. Theres no rivalry as such, they do what they do, we do what we do. Regarding YM, as i said i waited to holla and when i did hoped we could get down on something. Lets consider this matter as resolved and more importantly lets move on - dubcnn will keep reporting all we can and YM will keep making quality music, all being well that will tie together in the future as hoped and we can let the past lie.

Once again props for understanding the reasoning behind our delay for a FULL exposure piece on YM. Take care, Rud.

Cool man, and I appreciate you understanding our point of view as well.  Let's move this thing forward and do some work together for real.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2005, 09:41:44 AM »
uhhh...so this mixtape any good ???

peace

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2005, 04:05:32 PM »
uhhh...so this mixtape any good ???

peace
lol

We Fly High

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2005, 06:35:17 PM »
i don't have time read everything...all i wanna say is that i'm feelin young maylay! salute n g's is amazing! i mean...he worked with king t!! big up maylay!

so...put him on tha main page !! what seems to be tha problem? i remember one time there was a news about a gay ass fake german rapper called eko fresh (i think yukmouth worked with him) on tha main page :)...so i think maylay should be on tha front page..a lil news...
but yea...it's a forum...people check in it...but still people more look dubcnn.com than tha forum!

and i'm out!:)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 06:38:16 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2005, 07:45:28 PM »

so...put him on tha main page !! what seems to be tha problem? i remember one time there was a news about a gay ass fake german rapper called eko fresh (i think yukmouth worked with him) on tha main page :)...so i think maylay should be on tha front page..a lil news...
but yea...it's a forum...people check in it...but still people more look dubcnn.com than tha forum!

Only if you had time to read the responses lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

djdaze

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2005, 07:59:02 AM »
i don't have time read everything...all i wanna say is that i'm feelin young maylay! salute n g's is amazing! i mean...he worked with king t!! big up maylay!

Good lookin out man...MayLay actually works with Tee quite a bit.  Not everyone knows but MayLay co-wrote a lot of The Ruthless Chronicles.