Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: LAKERS TO ACQUIRE KWAME BROWN  (Read 1773 times)

Skindiana bon3z

BREAKING NEWS: LAKERS TO ACQUIRE KWAME BROWN
« on: July 14, 2005, 06:31:29 AM »
.....just woke up and turned it to ESPNEWS, looks like they're trading Caron Butler and either Chucky Atkins or Devean George for Brown....I really don't like this trade at all.... >:(

wcsoldier

Re: BREAKING NEWS: LAKERS TO ACQUIRE KWAME BROWN
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 06:33:57 AM »
Tradin Butler (unless for an all star) is a very bad move  ???

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 08:41:03 AM »
its not a good trade but its not a bad trade either, i thought caron was worth more but no one really wants to deal with the lakers because they dont wanna see them on top, right now butler was expendable because he did not really fit in the system so we got a big for it.....the only reason i always say he was a bust is because he was the number one pick and youd expect more from someone like that, but its an average trade in my opinion....if theyre offering chucky then i think that means that antonio daniels is coming...that would be a solid team!! most importantly it move LO to SMALL FORWARD!
ad/lle/someone from spl
kobe/sasha/von wafer
LO/walton/george/jj
brown/grant/turiaf
mihm/bynum

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 08:54:35 AM »
its not a good trade but its not a bad trade either, i thought caron was worth more but no one really wants to deal with the lakers because they dont wanna see them on top, right now butler was expendable because he did not really fit in the system so we got a big for it.....the only reason i always say he was a bust is because he was the number one pick and youd expect more from someone like that, but its an average trade in my opinion....if theyre offering chucky then i think that means that antonio daniels is coming...that would be a solid team!! most importantly it move LO to SMALL FORWARD!
ad/lle/someone from spl
kobe/sasha/von wafer
LO/walton/george/jj
brown/grant/turiaf
mihm/bynum
Washington will prefer to acquire Georges but it's a bad trade anyways. Brown gonna be outshine by the majority of the Western PW

lbc213

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 10:08:56 AM »
I don't know, remember Jermaine O'Neal in Portland? We all know what happend when he got traded to another team (Indi). But if u look at the numbers right now, the wizards did get the best outa this trade.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 10:20:44 AM »
Fuckin horrible.  ::) >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

What the fuck is Mitch Kupchak thinking???

Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 10:33:05 AM »
sucky trade for the lakers

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 11:58:43 AM »
The more bigger bodies the better for the lakers.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 12:17:45 PM »
They should've kept Caron but we'll see what happens next...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 03:35:43 PM »
what the fuck are you guys talking about?..Caron is not our future SF,Lamar is...we might as well get something for Caron before he leaves b/c the Lakers were not going to re-sign him when his contract is up in a tear or 2.

We are not making cap room for Caron ,we're making cap room for  Yao Ming or Amare Stoudmire..

@ least we got a young athletic big man,he went through hell in washington that's why he playd bad, hopefully coming to L.A & playing with kobe & been coach by phil could rejuvnate his career 8)

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 04:16:09 PM »
what the fuck are you guys talking about?..Caron is not our future SF,Lamar is...we might as well get something for Caron before he leaves b/c the Lakers were not going to re-sign him when his contract is up in a tear or 2.

We are not making cap room for Caron ,we're making cap room for  Yao Ming or Amare Stoudmire..

@ least we got a young athletic big man,he went through hell in washington that's why he playd bad, hopefully coming to L.A & playing with kobe & been coach by phil could rejuvnate his career 8)
yup with the big contracts  the sg and small forwards got caron wouldve bolted .... theyre getting 11 12 million dollar deals...so we got something for him now rather than get nothing later...so thats a positive...also kwame is supposed to get a 3 year deal with the third being the option, so the option i think is after the 2007 season when yao and ming are available....plus grant will be off the books by then and vlade

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 05:55:43 PM »
this ain't breaking news..this doesn't help or hurt the chances of the lakers next year...I mean, it's Kwame Fuckin Brown
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 07:05:12 PM »
this ain't breaking news..this doesn't help or hurt the chances of the lakers next year...I mean, it's Kwame Fuckin Brown
what you guys dont understand is that they took a risk! they took one with kobe when the lakers traded away their starting center for some high school kid. basically the lakers had nothing to lose.....caron wouldve been the sixth man next year because lamar wouldve played sf....a change of scenery i think can help kwame like jermain oneal....now that very different from saying he will play like jermaine oneal because thats not what im saying....im saying his case could be similar to JO's situation in portland. the lakers lost nothing but their best trade bait...but at the same time no one wanted to deal with the lakers...they didnt want to take on big contracts so they could have a lot of cap space in 07 to sign an all star caliber player at the same time by that time bynum will have developed...so this plan is not just for right now but for the future, they will have some practice for the next two years and then will be ready to be champions in three years...and not just a one time wonder because remember we will have a very young team in bynum lo kwame and kobe. i think theyre taking a big risk in kwame but i also think that they have nothing to lose in taking it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 08:12:42 PM »
i don't know about this trade....

hopefully like a couple of people said earlier it's like jermain o'neal

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 01:41:20 AM »
I think kwame's got some more still to prove..hopefully he can do it with kobe around and under the influence of phil