Author Topic: Article I found about Nas (I agree with it)  (Read 249 times)

GangstaBoogy

Article I found about Nas (I agree with it)
« on: July 24, 2005, 06:48:52 AM »
"It totally messes me up that so many people think so highly of Shawn Carter. Shawn has not done anything as far as rap is concern. All he did was transform his "street" hustle into a a serious 9 to 5 occupation. He bites like no other, he clowns the world for sales, and he hasn't done anything to diverify has music career. Besides, when did the title of "best" rapper become something based on sales? In my opinion, I feel like Nas is the "king" of "NY" because everything he has done is based on his career in rap. He was here when Tupac and Christopher were alive, and they both were going at him, he was here when The Source magazine was respectable, really jumped off, and he always aknowledges the forefathers of the art. I think people do not want to say that Nas is the best because he is not a "people's person".

Remember "Against All Odds" was for Nas not Jay. "Kick In The Door" at Nas. If the two "best" rappers that "ever" done it are coming at you, shouldn't that count for something?"

I agree with this. Nas = the best artist from the east coast EVER
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Re: Article I found about Nas (I agree with it)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 06:53:34 AM »
Agree about Jay Z
Most overrated rapper of all time

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 07:12:45 AM »
Nas is a much better MC than Jay, but IMO it´s also kinda trendy to put Jay in the most negative light possible. You may as well ask whether selling that much "shouldn´t count for something". Besides, Pac got at Jay too and Big was Jay´s homie, now "shouldn´t that count for something?". Shawn Carter remains one of the most important persons in hiphop during the last ten years, he has undoubtedly had an impact on the development of hiphop, he´s a clever strategist and also a good rapper. Nas being better on the mic, yes, but Jay "not having done anything as far as rap is concern", hell naw. Put on "Reasonable Doubt", "The Blueprint" and say that shit again. And on a side note, am I the only one who finds that never-ending "King Of NY" shit kinda childish? Just my thoughts on this, I don´t really agree...

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 07:20:28 AM »
Agree about Jay Z

no matter how many times you say that in however many threads you want - it won't make it true
NO MORE WAR

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 07:41:28 AM »
Agree about Jay Z

no matter how many times you say that in however many threads you want - it won't make it true

U seemed to have took note  :P

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 07:44:13 AM »
Agree about Jay Z
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 11:27:15 AM »
Agree him & Pac my 2 fav Rappers of all Time

Okka

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 11:58:48 AM »
I agree with this. Nas = the best artist from the east coast EVER

Me too...

smoke1ne

• 'G'
  • LOL
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 12:14:38 PM »
Agree about Jay Z
so fucken true jay got some lines that make u go ohh but thas were it stops
http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=15899 (link)   shits real easy.. you just click the name of the offer you wanna do... do what the instructions say.. and then hit submit...

you can make about 80$ without doing any cc offers!!!! no bullshit

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 02:22:25 PM »
Agree about Jay Z

Jome

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 09:05:16 PM »
Agree about Jay Z

lol yeah, it's like the 146th time I've seen that one, and it still holds no weight..
Nas & Jay-Z is both in the top 5 of all time, I guess it's just a matter of music taste who you like best.

4-5 years ago I would have said they're pretty equal, but the last 3-4 albums from each, kinda wraps it up, you all I know I didn't like God Son & SD, while Blueprint & Black Album was both arguably classics or near classic.. Stillmatic & Lost Tapes was dope though, just not quite classic material, so they're still pretty close in my book.

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 11:00:30 PM »
People don't give Jay enough credit cuz of the subject matter in a lot of his songs...  but he says a lotta clever shit that seems to go right over your heads... however, I personally don't think he's as good as Nas.