Author Topic: Anyone Here Not Really a 2Pac Fan?  (Read 807 times)

D.R.E.-Dogg

Re: Anyone Here Not Really a 2Pac Fan?
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2002, 12:11:37 PM »
All Eyez on me is for sure a good album but see the perfect situation Pac was in when he dropped the album.
Death Row was at it's top like nobody ever before and look at the featured artists and producers.
Dre, Snoop, Nate, Tha Dogg Pound, George Clinton, Method MAn, Redman, Dramacydal, C-Bo, E-40, B-Legit, Michel'le, Storm, Danny Boy, Roger Troutman, Rappin 4-Tay, KC, Jewell, Richie Rich...
And don't get me wrong I ain't sayin he got everything because of his death but u gotta admit it made the legend much bigger.
Now EVERYBODY even former enemies like Puffy claim respecting him.
I don't think it would be exactly the same way if he was still alive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2002, 12:14:20 PM »

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2002, 12:28:53 PM »
All Eyez on me is for sure a good album but see the perfect situation Pac was in when he dropped the album.
Death Row was at it's top like nobody ever before and look at the featured artists and producers.
Dre, Snoop, Nate, Tha Dogg Pound, George Clinton, Method MAn, Redman, Dramacydal, C-Bo, E-40, B-Legit, Michel'le, Storm, Danny Boy, Roger Troutman, Rappin 4-Tay, KC, Jewell, Richie Rich...
And don't get me wrong I ain't sayin he got everything because of his death but u gotta admit it made the legend much bigger.
Now EVERYBODY even former enemies like Puffy claim respecting him.

I agree with alot of that, but the thing is, I dont think Pac had reached his peak yet at the time of his death. All Eyez On Me and Makaveli are both classics, but the scary thing is, I think they were only a GLIMPSE of what he was capable of. He was definatly getting stronger from album to album, and his last 3 albums [from Me Against The World to Makaveli] are were/are just amazing. If he were I alive today, I do think he would still be on top of the rap game, cuz he was so far ahead of his time. All his songs, even from his early work, still have relevance in today's society. Makaveli was the album were was starting to go back to his roots [from 2Pacalypse Now], but with much better production and more knowledge under his belt. Had he not been shot, I cant even imagine how his music would sound today. Shit would probably be straight up MINDBLOWING. Either way, his impact is still being felt. All his post-humous albums still top the charts and go multi-platinum, and his older albums, especially All Eyez On Me still sell at a faster rate than most albums coming TODAY. And AEOM is what, over 6 years old?? Thats just staggering. That album has sold 10 million+ [here in the States], and its STILL selling at a fast pace over half a decade later. Me Against The World, Makaveli, and his Greatest Hits album still sell mad units too.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2002, 12:30:21 PM »
The difference is, Pac was the COMPLETE rapper. Eazy E, Dre, Slick Rick, etc etc are great rappers, but they dont have the all-around diversity that Pac had. Pac was the one of the VERY FEW rappers who could make dope commercial tracks, and still keep hip hop respect. Only a handful of other MC's have that ability. If you ask anyone in the industry today who the most important figure of all time in hip hop is, I can almost gurantee you the answer is gonna be Tupac. Sure, other people came before him, but he took everything they did to the next level. Its the same thing in rock music with the Beatles. Many people came before the Beatles did, but who is everyone in the rock industry measured by?? The Beatles. Its the same exact thing with Pac and hip hop. Nobody in hip hop had the impact or impact of Pac, and "All Eyez On Me" is the album EVERYONE in hip hop today wants to make [but cant].

tupac is just anotha fake thug rapper loved by white surburbs kids
tupac is/was the most overated MC (no wait...rapper)
coz wit no capabilities to freestyle or use metaphores he cant even be considered as a MC
he's just one more commercial rapper

he was an ex back up dancer for MC hammer turned studio thug!

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2002, 12:35:57 PM »

tupac is just anotha fake thug rapper loved by white surburbs kids
tupac is/was the most overated MC (no wait...rapper)
coz wit no capabilities to freestyle or use metaphores he cant even be considered as a MC
he's just one more commercial rapper

he was an ex back up dancer for MC hammer turned studio thug!

There you again with more bullshit. Pac had plenty of capabilities in using metaphors [see Got My Mind Made Up and Me And My Girlfriend], but who gives a fuck about metaphors anyway?? The message behind his music is faaaaaaaar more important than some cliche ass metaphors anyway. He didnt need to use "big words" or "metaphors" to sound good like most other rappers OR MC's, he let his MESSAGE do the talking. Biggie could NEVER pen a song like "Brendas Got A Baby", "So Many Tears", "Smile", "Only God Can Judge Me", or "White Mans World".....period.

And Pac was a commercial rapper?? Maybe so, but at least he knew who to make DOPE commercial tracks, unlike 95% of every other rapper or MC out there.

Liquid Dogg, I understand you are a Tupac hater, and you seem to have something against Pac personally, but take that shit to another board. For real. Cuz as a Pac hater, you're not gonna survive on THIS board for very long, since your opinion is in such a vast minority.

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2002, 12:44:31 PM »
so now u judgin me cuz i don't like pac......'lol' is all i gotta type

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2002, 03:47:27 PM »
did you ever stop to think that biggie was a commercial rapper as well? and that pac got better with every album he released? would a studio thug shoot at cops, run with the bloods, and pull out a bat at their concert & beat the hell outta another rapper cause they disrespected him?
tell biggie to come out with another good album before you call pac overrated. a legacy running off of one classic won't last long.
btw, i thought u were ending your "argument"?
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2002, 03:44:03 AM »
did you ever stop to think that biggie was a commercial rapper as well? and that pac got better with every album he released? would a studio thug shoot at cops, run with the bloods, and pull out a bat at their concert & beat the hell outta another rapper cause they disrespected him?
tell biggie to come out with another good album before you call pac overrated. a legacy running off of one classic won't last long.
btw, i thought u were ending your "argument"?

i don't like biggy tho, i jus think he's more listenable then pac is....

pac's the rapper that all white suburbians love to listen to....because...like 1 of u said...he rapped about politics and shit....who wants to hear about that shit apart from white suburbans!!??

tuwac_shakur

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2002, 04:45:53 AM »
pac is a very average rapper.

white people for some reason think he is the best though.

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2002, 06:52:06 AM »
finally, somethin we both agree on fab....there's nothin special bout him....jus cuz he's dead peeps seem to be on his nuuutz

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2002, 04:17:04 PM »
finally, somethin we both agree on fab....there's nothin special bout him....jus cuz he's dead peeps seem to be on his nuuutz

Just shut up already and quit makin yourself look like an idiot.

If there was nothing special about Pac his albums wouldnt continue to top the charts 6 years after his death and his older albums wouldnt still push mad units, but they do.

Keep makin yourself look rediculous.

obie_trice

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2002, 08:31:18 PM »
yall kids aint black quit tryin to play the roll niggaz might not bump his new shit thats been commin out but they still bumpin his old shit and its been 7 years quit hatin and give it up for pac stop stuntin you played that shit out

Sikotic™

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2002, 08:39:50 PM »
yall kids aint black quit tryin to play the roll niggaz might not bump his new shit thats been commin out but they still bumpin his old shit and its been 7 years quit hatin and give it up for pac stop stuntin you played that shit out

When did race come into this discussion and why does it even matter?

You probably ain't black yourself
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2002, 08:12:36 AM »
I agree with alot of that, but the thing is, I dont think Pac had reached his peak yet at the time of his death. All Eyez On Me and Makaveli are both classics, but the scary thing is, I think they were only a GLIMPSE of what he was capable of. He was definatly getting stronger from album to album, and his last 3 albums [from Me Against The World to Makaveli] are were/are just amazing. If he were I alive today, I do think he would still be on top of the rap game, cuz he was so far ahead of his time. All his songs, even from his early work, still have relevance in today's society. Makaveli was the album were was starting to go back to his roots [from 2Pacalypse Now], but with much better production and more knowledge under his belt. Had he not been shot, I cant even imagine how his music would sound today. Shit would probably be straight up MINDBLOWING. Either way, his impact is still being felt. All his post-humous albums still top the charts and go multi-platinum, and his older albums, especially All Eyez On Me still sell at a faster rate than most albums coming TODAY. And AEOM is what, over 6 years old?? Thats just staggering. That album has sold 10 million+ [here in the States], and its STILL selling at a fast pace over half a decade later. Me Against The World, Makaveli, and his Greatest Hits album still sell mad units too.

Perhaps he'd have improved but u can't give somebody props for what he COULD have done.

Alright, All Eyez On Me sold much and is still selling but in my opinion sales doesn't tell very much.
Straight Outta Compton was for sure more influential than All Eyez On Me but N.W.A. didn't have the chance of selling as much as Pac did cause Pac was much more commercial.
Ja Rule 's selling more than many top rappers but does that make him betta or more influential?
The Marshall Mathers LP would have to be tho most influential of'em all then.

Fact is when Pac came on top G rap was already big.
Most rappers of today were already known and already found their style so Pac can't be the biggest influence for them.
Unlike Dre who defently had much influence on N.W.A., Snoop, The D.O.C., Eazy, Ice Cube ect, Pac didn't do anything like that.
Did Snoop's music improve since Pac? Personally, I defently don't think so.
Snoop's just 1 example but there're many more.
In fact the best music was BEFORE Pac was on top. Of course it ain't Pac's fault, all I'm sayin is he didn't have that much influence.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2002, 09:31:56 AM »
pac is a very average rapper.

white people for some reason think he is the best though.

WHITE PEOPLE. I don't know where your from.... but most White people I know in Cali hated 2Pac. IT was the blacks, and Meixcans that showed him love. Personally, I'm Mexican, and 'Pac to me was the G.O.A.T. I never responded here, 'cause I can't change minds, but in person, I have gotten Biggie fans to admit that 'Pac was better than Big.