Author Topic: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #16  (Read 945 times)

Acgrundy

Re: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #16
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2005, 10:13:57 PM »
this is my #1 album of all time.  man I can't believe dj quik - rhythm-a-lism didn't make the list, that album is nearly flawless imo.

Elevz

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2005, 10:24:59 PM »
this is my #1 album of all time.  man I can't believe dj quik - rhythm-a-lism didn't make the list, that album is nearly flawless imo.

I'm sorry to say this, but in my opinion Rhythm-al-ism shouldn't even belong anywhere near the top 200. Just my opinion tho.

I have full confidence in C2K ordering the top15 a bit better than that one, Justin ;)
i didnt list those in order. i said these are going to be the top 15, not in any order. i cant decide what order theyre going to be in, but i know those 15 cds will be in the top 15, give me one album leeway, and the rest of the 14 will for sure definitely be in there.

Allright, well, I was already giving you that. I'll be surprised if C2K lists A Tribe Called Quest twice in the top 15 though, no matter how great those albums are. That's gonna make them look bigger than they actually were. Add up the "one album leeway" and I'll put my money on the albums you listed.

I have full confidence in C2K ordering the top15 a bit better than that one, Justin ;) But damn well those are all albums that really deserve to make the top 15. I just don't think Doggy Style has any business up in there, in between those albums. We'll see what C2K makes off the rest of the list.
This album is the album that made rap commercial, this is the album that made rap popular around the world and this was the first rap album that debuted at the nr 1 spot on the billboard list. So if this album hasn't made an impact on the hip hop world then I don't know an album that have

Well, I wasn't really denying the impact this album had... It was simply huge. Then again, I don't think rap becoming commercial was something that happened in one album - it was more of a process. You can't really give any rapper total credit for bringing rap to the pop charts. But quality wise... Doggy Style is mainly feel good music, most of the times a bit shallow. Nothing wrong with that, but content wise it can't fuck with the #15 already.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2005, 04:40:29 AM »
I'm not complaining, as this list has made for a great read. However, this album is up there in my top five of all time.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2005, 04:52:50 AM »
it´s not just about flaws, it´s about influence, impact, importance, significance etc. too. In terms of that, there´s no way Rythm-Al-ism deserves to pop up in a hiphop top 50, and no other Quik album really does. If I made "Kill´s fav 50 hiphop albums ever", "Season Of Da Siccness" would be top 10 or at least 20. But I would never even think about thinking about including it in a list like this one if I made one

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2005, 08:45:43 AM »

I'm sorry to say this, but in my opinion Rhythm-al-ism shouldn't even belong anywhere near the top 200. Just my opinion tho.

I have full confidence in C2K ordering the top15 a bit better than that one, Justin ;)
i didnt list those in order. i said these are going to be the top 15, not in any order. i cant decide what order theyre going to be in, but i know those 15 cds will be in the top 15, give me one album leeway, and the rest of the 14 will for sure definitely be in there.

Allright, well, I was already giving you that. I'll be surprised if C2K lists A Tribe Called Quest twice in the top 15 though, no matter how great those albums are. That's gonna make them look bigger than they actually were. Add up the "one album leeway" and I'll put my money on the albums you listed.

I have full confidence in C2K ordering the top15 a bit better than that one, Justin ;) But damn well those are all albums that really deserve to make the top 15. I just don't think Doggy Style has any business up in there, in between those albums. We'll see what C2K makes off the rest of the list.
This album is the album that made rap commercial, this is the album that made rap popular around the world and this was the first rap album that debuted at the nr 1 spot on the billboard list. So if this album hasn't made an impact on the hip hop world then I don't know an album that have

Well, I wasn't really denying the impact this album had... It was simply huge. Then again, I don't think rap becoming commercial was something that happened in one album - it was more of a process. You can't really give any rapper total credit for bringing rap to the pop charts. But quality wise... Doggy Style is mainly feel good music, most of the times a bit shallow. Nothing wrong with that, but content wise it can't fuck with the #15 already.
im wont be surpized casue it will be top 10, and deserves it